• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

And what's great is that even the newsletters from The Hearing Health Foundation nowadays contain information about projects that are working towards a cure like restoration of hair-cells and so on. Back in 2006 they only wrote about hearing-aids and cochlear implants.
Yes hair-cells ristoration and after they arent able to treat a clonus in the ear!

Yes hair-cells ristoration and after they arent able to treat a clonus in the ear!

Well, sometimes things aren't comparable. They can't even reduce tinnitus by a fraction yet but they are planing a head transplant. That means actually taking a persons head and put it onto another body and expect that person to be able to walk and preform normally in about 12-18 months after the operation!

Well, sometimes things aren't comparable. They can't even reduce tinnitus by a fraction yet but they are planing a head transplant. That means actually taking a persons head and put in onto another body and expect that person to be able to walk and preform normally in about 12-18 months after the operation!
This is very insane I think they must concentrate the study over a real problems!

Perhaps I read it incorrectly somewhere, but I thought Corrine said they were going to Phase III, and asked if she'd take part?

The information posted on percentage of meds making it to a certain trial phase is not exactly correct. The 18% (actually 14%) is the non-conditional percent chance a medicine makes it to phase II, from the pre-clinical phase. IF a potential medication makes it to phase II, there is actually a 48% chance it makes it to phase III. If a med makes it to phase III, there's a 64% chance it hits the market. This information is available from the FDA, if anyone cares to research it. Aut will make it to phase III, and soon after, Dr. Large will become an extremely wealthy man:)

Perhaps I read it incorrectly somewhere, but I thought Corrine said they were going to Phase III, and asked if she'd take part?

The information posted on percentage of meds making it to a certain trial phase is not exactly correct. The 18% (actually 14%) is the non-conditional percent chance a medicine makes it to phase II, from the pre-clinical phase. IF a potential medication makes it to phase II, there is actually a 48% chance it makes it to phase III. If a med makes it to phase III, there's a 64% chance it hits the market. This information is available from the FDA, if anyone cares to research it. Aut will make it to phase III, and soon after, Dr. Large will become an extremely wealthy man:)

Let's hope so......:)

image.jpg

Well, sometimes things aren't comparable. They can't even reduce tinnitus by a fraction yet but they are planing a head transplant. That means actually taking a persons head and put it onto another body and expect that person to be able to walk and preform normally in about 12-18 months after the operation!
This says it all! Go for the sensationalism forget the real needs.

YEAH BUDDY!!! AUTIFONY IS GOING TO SAFE OUR EARS BABY!!! YEAAHHHHHH WOOOOHHOOOO!!!
36811bb626f73f18831096b2777c17b98a2d0e21e3a04e8bfaf4c912ec836d4d.jpg

On a serious note, looking at the statistics we can see that there is roughly a 50 percent chance that this thing will pass. But we have to keep in mind that this drug was well tolerated with no serious side-affects. Also there have been positive results in animal trials and within Corrine's case that we know of. Let you know they only did a one month trial so it might take more time for the drug to have any real good affect. Besides we don't even know that the placebo and the real drug distribution was 50/50 , it might be that Corrine was the only one who received the actual drug out of the bunch. Perhaps the other five were unlucky? All I'm saying is that this seems quite promising, perhaps there is a breakthrough on the rise right now. It is more likely than not that this drug will benefit tinnitus sufferers. Think about it "silence" oh sweet silence, like cmon guys autifony is going to kick some ass I can feel it.

In the mean time don't worry or stress about your tinnitus mine is moderate but there are ways that you can filter it out. We still got a long wait ahead of us but rest assured that in the years to come modern medicine will treat this horrific condition.

YEAH BUDDY!!! AUTIFONY IS GOING TO SAFE OUR EARS BABY!!! YEAAHHHHHH WOOOOHHOOOO!!!
View attachment 7244
On a serious note, looking at the statistics we can see that there is roughly a 50 percent chance that this thing will pass. But we have to keep in mind that this drug was well tolerated with no serious side-affects. Also there have been positive results in animal trials and within Corrine's case that we know of. Let you know they only did a one month trial so it might take more time for the drug to have any real good affect. Besides we don't even know that the placebo and the real drug distribution was 50/50 , it might be that Corrine was the only one who received the actual drug out of the bunch. Perhaps the other five were unlucky? All I'm saying is that this seems quite promising, perhaps there is a breakthrough on the rise right now. It is more likely than not that this drug will benefit tinnitus sufferers. Think about it "silence" oh sweet silence, like cmon guys autifony is going to kick some ass I can feel it.

In the mean time don't worry or stress about your tinnitus mine is moderate but there are ways that you can filter it out. We still got a long wait ahead of us but rest assured that in the years to come modern medicine will treat this horrific condition.

I can be on this for life if it works, I honestly don't mind. I hope I can get on phase 3.

hey everyone i have not posted for 5 month but finally wanted to get back on here to see how aut00063 is doing i have been living with this tinnitus for a year now i have been playing phone games ps3 and watching tv to try to keep my mind off of it but its getting to the point that i really need some kind of treatment does anyone think this pill will be a good treatment or will there be a good treatment int he near future or we talking decades?

hey everyone i have not posted for 5 month but finally wanted to get back on here to see how aut00063 is doing i have been living with this tinnitus for a year now i have been playing phone games ps3 and watching tv to try to keep my mind off of it but its getting to the point that i really need some kind of treatment does anyone think this pill will be a good treatment or will there be a good treatment int he near future or we talking decades?

Hey! Welcome back! I believe this to be a drug which will help with tinnitus. After all, it was designed by Dr. Charles Large who also created trobalt, which helps with tinnitus. I think this is a treatment, not a cure. We have a long time to go before there's a cure. But a treatment is the second best thing and only encourages more investment and competition. Nice to have you back.

Hey! Welcome back! I believe this to be a drug which will help with tinnitus. After all, it was designed by Dr. Charles Large who also created trobalt, which helps with tinnitus. I think this is a treatment, not a cure. We have a long time to go before there's a cure. But a treatment is the second best thing and only encourages more investment and competition. Nice to have you back.
thanks its good to be back been reading up and down the posts looks promising even at least a 50% decrease in tinnitus would be effective i wouuld be able to live life normal until a cure comes along then. If this is a success i hope it will increase more pills and more effective ways to treat this crazy thing. We almost have a cure for almost everything so technology nowadays should get a cure but like u said only time will tell we just gotta wait for the cure if we get a cure in a decade that will give me a good 30+ more years to have silent that would really make my life but i know i'm chatting to much so thnx for welcoming me back and i hope to see more good news about this first drug to treat tinnitus!!

thanks its good to be back been reading up and down the posts looks promising even at least a 50% decrease in tinnitus would be effective i wouuld be able to live life normal until a cure comes along then. If this is a success i hope it will increase more pills and more effective ways to treat this crazy thing. We almost have a cure for almost everything so technology nowadays should get a cure but like u said only time will tell we just gotta wait for the cure if we get a cure in a decade that will give me a good 30+ more years to have silent that would really make my life but i know i'm chatting to much so thnx for welcoming me back and i hope to see more good news about this first drug to treat tinnitus!!

I would be over the moon with a 50% reduction in tinnitus and hyperacusis say with no or little discernible side effects, that would be a real result. Just hope we get to that point sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

To listen to music socially without stress and wincing, which is normal thats why we listen to music, would be a big result. I would still wear earplugs and avoid noisy places - thats not a phobia, thats just common sense.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now