• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

How
Of course. I'm excited because I don't want one more single person to suffer as I did last year. It's horrible and unacceptable in this modern world.[/QUOTE
Of course. I'm excited because I don't want one more single person to suffer as I did last year. It's horrible and unacceptable in this modern world.
how did you get T ? And how loud was it when it came?

A
Mine was 10/10 in terms of loudness. I got tinnitus with a middle ear infection with fluid behind the ear.
That's sad , I've got infected on my ear last year luckily no tinnitus , but was due loud music being played in my car after I was so excited for something hhaha

A
That's sad , I've got infected on my ear last year luckily no tinnitus , but was due loud music being played in my car after I was so excited for something hhaha

Well, just stay away from the loud music and take some NAC as it'll protect your hearing from further damage.

800mg may not be a low dose, but it was lower than they gave the rats. That's all I meant. The study background is on Autifony's website. It wouldn't surprise me if they up the dosage to 1200mg in phase 3, but who knows?

800mg may not be a low dose, but it was lower than they gave the rats. That's all I meant. The study background is on Autifony's website. It wouldn't surprise me if they up the dosage to 1200mg in phase 3, but who knows?

The dosage will be in-line with trobalt then.

We will see what the dosages will be. It was a lot higher in the animal trials measured in mg/kg. I don't remember the figures exactly but I think that double the dose would not be a problem if the animal models are comparable.

Yes, but mice are far smaller than adult humans. Wonder if this can be used on children with tinnitus.

They should show some mercy and already give it out to extreme T sufferers when you sign a disclaimer that you won't sue if it destroys your health. Even if you could only take it under supervision so nobody takes it to make a repro of it or steal their product.
It's so annoying that they're probably sitting on something effective and you cant have it while you're (well, the few of us) pretty much dying of extremest T.

They should show some mercy and already give it out to extreme T sufferers when you sign a disclaimer that you won't sue if it destroys your health. Even if you could only take it under supervision so nobody takes it to make a repro of it or steal their product.
It's so annoying that they're probably sitting on something effective and you cant have it while you're (well, the few of us) pretty much dying of extremest T.

If you had cancer you'd be able to use experimental drugs to help you. It's unfair...They don't care about tinnitus.

If you had cancer you'd be able to use experimental drugs to help you. It's unfair...They don't care about tinnitus.
They dont care because severe T sufferers dont speak out. They burrow in a hole and roast alive.
Also I think its very rare in its extreme form, whereas cancer kills many celebrities and politicians.

They dont care because severe T sufferers dont speak out. They burrow in a hole and roast alive.
Also I think its very rare in its extreme form, whereas cancer kills many celebrities and politicians.

Yep, they don't care about us...Are market potential is what? Like 1.1 Billion, epilepsy is 2 Billion.

How long will the trail be until researchers can see if this drugs works or not?

How high will Autifony set the bar? Which results is needed to see AUT00063 as a success?

If AUT00063 is seen as a success, how long will it take for the drug to reach the markets?

If it is not seen as a success, but there is people claiming that they experienced lower T due to it, will it still be possible for people with T to get it?

Its upsetting as T is a major concern for veterans as well. Veterans are in a high rate of suicide. Chronic T is part of the cause. Like Danny Boy says there is a huge reward for the company who grabs the prize.
I gone three years with chronic symptoms. I want to work go out to the mountains. Im tired of lugging around a bag full of meds.

I can't state if it is low or not
phase II evaluates the efficacy but also side effects. They are looking for a dose that shows some kind of effect (not necessary the effectiveness of the drug at this stage)
but side effects need to be minimal to take things to phase 3.
We can't compare Aut with Trobalt.
My educated guess is Aut is to be given with caution to avoid more serious side effects. Then in Phase 3 they can maximize the effectiveness by modifying parameters like initial loading dose, maintenance dose and duration the drug should be used.

How long will the trail be until researchers can see if this drugs works or not?

How high will Autifony set the bar? Which results is needed to see AUT00063 as a success?

If AUT00063 is seen as a success, how long will it take for the drug to reach the markets?

If it is not seen as a success, but there is people claiming that they experienced lower T due to it, will it still be possible for people with T to get it?
1. we don`t know. maybe first quarter of 2016 we will have official results
2. we don`t know - at least a significant reduction
3. we don`t know ... any number anyone gives you is a guess and not the truth
4. no that would be quit impossible because it is a very very very difficult proces to make this compound ...

@dan .... let`s call it; `T-erminator` ... and as our slogan; ` I won`t be back!`

:)

Yes, but mice are far smaller than adult humans. Wonder if this can be used on children with tinnitus.

Size wouldn't matter since your are measuring mg/kg. A dose of 1 600 mg in humans would correspond to around 4,5 mg in mice (if you count that an average human is around 70 kg and an average mouse is around 200 g).

Also children are more sensitive to drugs in general so I think it would be safer to give higher doses to adults.

But I think that if there are differences in doses it's not due to differences in body mass but differences in metabolism and the relative size of the brain. It might be so that we have to give higher doses to humans since our brains are bigger then in mice compared to our body mass (the brain makes up about 2-3% of the body mass in the average human). But then again mice have a higher metabolism rate then humans so they might tolerate higher doses. The only way to find out is to try I guess. :)

You don't always get attention by numbers of people that are effected. And even when you look at the numbers between different types of cancer there are also discrepancies.

F.i. breast cancer is the type of cancer that gets the most attention and funding. However, it is not the no.1 killer in cancers. It's actually prostate cancer. Prostate cancer kills more men then breast cancer kills women (oh and did you know that breast cancer can occur in men as well?). Yet breast cancer research gets a lot more funding then any other type of cancer.

It's a popularity contest, pretty much like everything else in life...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now