• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

I think we are putting too much faith into this Phase II trial. I just entered into AM-101 and before I did I contacted lots of people who said they were trial patients in AM-101 or AUT00063. I had one guy respond who completed AUT000063 and he said it did nothing for him. He also added that the staff told him eight others at his hospital had no success either. Keep in mind I don't know if his hospital had only 9 patients, or as the nature of the Internet I cannot verify the facts. However, it would be cruel of someone to lie about a trial. About half of Phase II trials fail so it would not be outside the realm that this fails.
Why are you moving forward with Am101 trial in that case? There aren't many positive reports there either...

No Dan, Autifony is not a misfire at all in fact it's looking very promising so far ! We won't know for sure until the results are out, which is some time off yet, but don't lose heart hun ! x

It's hard to be that optimistic when there was only a SINGLE positive report on these boards out of the several people who were in the trial.

AM-101 on the other hand has hard data that shows it works. It was kindly provided by @attheedgeofscience here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/am-101-participants-updates-and-q-a.6558/page-20#post-119473

You have to take everything on the Internet with skepticism. There is no way of verifying what is being posted as being fact. Just the nature of the beast. Ethically, study staff should not be disclosing what other patients experienced. We also don't know how many people actually participated at this hospital. For all we know there could have been 20. It is also not beyond the possibility that someone looking to drive a stock price up could post faulty info.
and also amounts ingested ... if you take 300 mg of trobalt it does very little if you take 1200 however your actually experiencing something ... they must be trying outdiffrent amounts to see what does what ... anyway assumptions assumptions ... like my dad used to say ... assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups ...

I am doing AM-101 because there isn't anything else. I live 45 minutes from a trial center so it is not putting me out much to participate. Of those I contacted with multiple injection sets that answered me I would say the drug maybe has a 25% success rate in reduction. I had my 2nd of 3rd injection today. While I have no idea if it is working, my anxiety level is lowered and that is making it easier to deal with it. Who knows if these people got better with time or if it really works. Like all studies it is the statistics in the end that determine if a drug works. For AM-101 I have a very small sample set to go off of.

Thank you for this info bellringer. Good luck with the injections - fingers crossed for you ! So glad your anxiety levels are dropping, that's so important with T. Keep us posted on your progress with AM-101. x

A friend has spoken w one of yhe researchers from autif recently. They have studied 30 people...they want to do 120...so this is why its taking so long...
Thanks Deb. I guess 9 of those 30 are the failures from that one same hospital lol...
This is exactly why people should refrain from posting bullshit in this thread and just wait for the results. Nobody knows what's going on with the trials, not even the research sites yet people post that crap here like its gospel.
Lets sit tight and wait for the results, it's not happening overnight...and no you don't know more than the folks at autifony.
Sorry about the rant but this thread has gotten completely out of hand.

I think aut will be a success , they already found out the mechanism of tinnitus , but scientists are smart they never reveal what they know , and if they have the cure they will never tell you it's there untill it's about to be released , it's a rule of power ( never reveal what you know)

Thanks Deb. I guess 9 of those 30 are the failures from that one same hospital lol...
This is exactly why people should refrain from posting bullshit in this thread and just wait for the results. Nobody knows what's going on with the trials, not even the research sites yet people post that crap here like its gospel.
Lets sit tight and wait for the results, it's not happening overnight...and no you don't know more than the folks at autifony.
Sorry about the rant but this thread has gotten completely out of hand.
What 9 people?

Also a lot could get placebo.

What 9 people?

Also a lot could get placebo.

I think we are putting too much faith into this Phase II trial. I just entered into AM-101 and before I did I contacted lots of people who said they were trial patients in AM-101 or AUT00063. I had one guy respond who completed AUT000063 and he said it did nothing for him. He also added that the staff told him eight others at his hospital had no success either. Keep in mind I don't know if his hospital had only 9 patients, or as the nature of the Internet I cannot verify the facts. However, it would be cruel of someone to lie about a trial. About half of Phase II trials fail so it would not be outside the realm that this fails.

Thanks!
Missed that message somehow.

I'm still going to keep fingers crossed. We had one positive report here so idk maybe its dosage, or how long they give this drug etc.

I think one of most realistic scenario is that autifony will have to go back to drawing board, change something and rerun trials.

Thanks!
Missed that message somehow.

I'm still going to keep fingers crossed. We had one positive report here so idk maybe its dosage, or how long they give this drug etc.

I think one of most realistic scenario is that autifony will have to go back to drawing board, change something and rerun trials.
Just to be clear that info I quoted is not from me and I don't buy it. I'm still optimistic.
I'll wait for the results of the phase 2 trial.

A friend has spoken w one of yhe researchers from autif recently. They have studied 30 people...they want to do 120...so this is why its taking so long...
Its amazing really,its taken 8 MONTHS to find 30 people after it being featured in the national press!
How long the other 90?Just dont see how the hearing is taking so many people out of it,having been through the trial myself and can say ive never really had problems with hearing in daily life ,maybe check back next year!

Its amazing really,its taken 8 MONTHS to find 30 people after it being featured in the national press!
How long the other 90?Just dont see how the hearing is taking so many people out of it,having been through the trial myself and can say ive never really had problems with hearing in daily life ,maybe check back next year!

Its not about problem hearing in daily life.
its about the fact that u need to show u have some dip in ur hearing. The reason for that
is that they ONLY WANT TO TREAT TINNITUS DUE TO AUDITORY

DEAFFERENTATION (and not TMJ, or neck, or psychological issued, or a dozen other reasons for tinnitus)

Its the same reason why the Swiss HIFU doctor wont even talk to you, unless your audiogram
CLEARLY shows this.

So people stop whining about their criteria. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING! And let them do their job properly.

God.....

Alright mate ,calm down!Sorry im not an auditory expert!Just looking at it from a laymans point of view,30 people after this amount of time seems pretty slow,i,ll go and do a Masters Degree in Audiology before i comment again!:)

Alright mate ,calm down!Sorry im not an auditory expert!Just looking at it from a laymans point of view,30 people after this amount of time seems pretty slow,i,ll go and do a Masters Degree in Audiology before i comment again!:)
Sorry mate, I was talking to people who think its "stupid" of Autifony...I quoted the wrong person haha.
Im just tired of seeing the same thing over and over again - why why why does Autifony have this hearing loss criteria for in place.......
Well its not because they want to make us all suffer longer or because they want to buy more time to make investor profits....There is a good reason for it, as I stated above.

Here is a quote from the Autifony site Q&A's

Q. Can I enter the study with normal hearing or do you have to have hearing loss to get a benefit from "063"? Are there plans to remove this requirement?
A. The study requires subjects to have a small (>20dB) hearing loss at one or more frequencies from 0.5kHz up to 8kHz; this is a minimal loss and most tinnitus sufferers will have this.

Hope this useful.

I tried to get on the trial and need to mention a couple of things. A. It's not just about hearing loss- you need to pass the medical to make sure you are fit and healthy. Also, you have to do a questionnaire to evaluate your 'emotional suitability' ie they dont want anyone who is too depressed, anxious, panicky, stressed etc. B. I get the feeling that the screening in Nottingham is not as efficient as it should be for various reasons.

Sorry mate, I was talking to people who think its "stupid" of Autifony...I quoted the wrong person haha.
Im just tired of seeing the same thing over and over again - why why why does Autifony have this hearing loss criteria for in place.......
Well its not because they want to make us all suffer longer or because they want to buy more time to make investor profits....There is a good reason for it, as I stated above.
Hi Dan,no problem,ive learnt something new,may of been helpful to have been told this during the trial!

Its not about problem hearing in daily life.
its about the fact that u need to show u have some dip in ur hearing. The reason for that
is that they ONLY WANT TO TREAT TINNITUS DUE TO AUDITORY

DEAFFERENTATION (and not TMJ, or neck, or psychological issued, or a dozen other reasons for tinnitus)

Its the same reason why the Swiss HIFU doctor wont even talk to you, unless your audiogram
CLEARLY shows this.

So people stop whining about their criteria. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING! And let them do their job properly.

God.....

The issue is that if you really wanted to see which people have neural deafferentation then you need to do ABR tests. Not audiograms. While you can most likely assume that people with higher hearing thresholds also have some degree of neural damage you are still excluding all the people with normal hearing sensivities which could very well have neural degeneration.

The point is audiogram is a crap method to base anything tinnitus related on. It was made to detect hearing loss and is used as a basis to custom fit hearing-aids to users.

There is now recent evidence that the neural pathways relaying the electrical signals from the cochlea are more fragile than the hair cells themselves. If hair cells remain intact and nerve degeneration occurs then you get auditory symptoms (fullness, T, H etc...) with normal sensitivity. This is the ''hidden hearing loss'' term that seems to pop up more and more in the field of audiology.

The issue is that if you really wanted to see which people have neural deafferentation then you need to do ABR tests. Not audiograms. While you can most likely assume that people with higher hearing thresholds also have some degree of neural damage you are still excluding all the people with normal hearing sensivities which could very well have neural degeneration.

The point is audiogram is a crap method to base anything tinnitus related on. It was made to detect hearing loss and is used as a basis to custom fit hearing-aids to users.

There is now recent evidence that the neural pathways relaying the electrical signals from the cochlea are more fragile than the hair cells themselves. If hair cells remain intact and nerve degeneration occurs then you get auditory symptoms (fullness, T, H etc...) with normal sensitivity. This is the ''hidden hearing loss'' term that seems to pop up more and more in the field of audiology.
Amazing point. I have very low hearing loss, mostly 10db with one freq probably around 20db but as you mentioned audiogram is shit method to measure hearing loss. Its hard for me to pin point sound during test when i have screaming 3 sounds in my head louder than it.

I wonder if any pf the drug can target that hidden hearing loss I have. I ask people to repeat themselves almost every second sentence or i take 2-3 seconds to figure out what they said from scraps od speech i heard. And i have almost stellar hearing in audiogram test :)

Idk i just want to keep hoping that may e autifony will help with it, or trobalt/sci fluor...

Just tired of this shit and could use some reassurance...

I think you make some valid points there Nucleo. I also think damage to the "outer" haircells has some contribution to the development of H &T aswell, but this damage would neither be shown in an audiogram. As their function is as I believe to attenuate loud sounds and reinforce the perception of low sounds. I took a test that confirmed outer haircell damage. And the T-expert seemed to be more concerned about that than my audiogram.

Now this is some interesting stuff which probably deserves its own pinned thread - for those of us with certain noise-induced hearing loss, what are the results of audiograms vs hair cell tests?

I have normal threshold hearing (actually, even 5db better than average at some frequencies) for all frequencies my AuD could check. That included 16khz, too! But there was another test (can't remember what it was called) where I got a "sonor" of sorts which revealed some damage to the hairs which are tuned to high freq (where my T is). Did I just damage my ears down from superior to average, hence the T? Or is my brain "turning up" the signals? I wonder if I didn't have a brain prone to T, would that mean my hearing could actually be less keen overall right now (like, brain accepts the damage and doesn't turn up the gain)? Hmm...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now