• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

Just a little correction. AUT00063 isn't meant to treat age related hearing loss.

I never said treat?

"Can I expect to see an improvement in my audiogram?
No, we do not expect AUT00063 to improve the pure tone audiograms as the drug will not restore the damaged hair cells in the ear. However, "063" is aimed at improving auditory processing in the brain, a very important aspect of Age Related Hearing Loss, so hopefully could help with understanding speech against a background of noise (particularly in a reverberant environment) such as in a busy work environment or in restaurants and shopping."

I never said treat?

"Can I expect to see an improvement in my audiogram?
No, we do not expect AUT00063 to improve the pure tone audiograms as the drug will not restore the damaged hair cells in the ear. However, "063" is aimed at improving auditory processing in the brain, a very important aspect of Age Related Hearing Loss, so hopefully could help with understanding speech against a background of noise (particularly in a reverberant environment) such as in a busy work environment or in restaurants and shopping."

Yeah, but dan did refer to you post as curing/treating:
I agree. I could see a drug curing tinnitus, but not hearing loss.

And you agreed:
Yep. This better come out soon... I don't want anymore deaths.

And why would you use a term like "work on age related hearing loss", which clearly gives an impression that AUT00063 would improve your hearing? This may be my bad too since I'm not native english speaker.

Yeah, but dan did refer to you post as curing/treating:

And you agreed:

And why would you use a term like "work on age related hearing loss", which clearly gives an impression that AUT00063 would improve your hearing? This may be my bad too since I'm not native english speaker.

Sure. Sure.

It's not his term but Autifony's
This is what he said. I haven't read that Autifony says something like that. If they have, I'm open for quotes/links.

"Saying that. I was reading an article and the ENT said the drug would work better for tinnitus then age related hearing loss."

This is what he said. I haven't read that Autifony says something like that. If they have, I'm open for quotes/links.

His quote was from Autifony's website.

http://www.autifonytherapeutics.com/autifony-tinnitus-quiet-study.asp

Q. If I also suffer from hearing loss, can I expect to see an improvement in my audiogram, as I know AUT00063 is being tested also for Age Related Hearing Loss in the USA
A. No, we do not expect AUT00063 to improve the pure tone audiogram as the drug does not work on mechanisms is the cochlea itself. "063" is designed to improve auditory processing in the brain, and of course to reduce the central auditory activity that gives rise to tinnitus. A decline in central auditory processing is an important aspect of age related hearing loss, and gives rise to the difficult people have understanding speech in difficult listening environments, such as in a background of noise. In preclinical models, AUT00063 has been shown to improve central auditory processing.

Saying that. I was reading an article and the ENT said the drug would work better for tinnitus then age related hearing loss.

I agree. I could see a drug curing tinnitus, but not hearing loss.

Yeah, but the drug doesnt actually reduce hearing loss. It's aimed to treat the "cocktail syndrome" that comes with hearing loss.

Man, are we not a desperate, bunch of wretched souls! Here we are, putting an awful amount of hope and expectations, into AUT00063. I sure hope, they are not leading us down the garden path. I can't imagine a bigger disapoinment to the individuals on this forum, if this drug doesn't work as expected. We seem to be putting all our eggs, in one basket. As I've posted here before, who else is working on a cure, if AUT00063 turns out to be a bust?

I still say if this drug turns out the real deal, it will take 5-7 years, to come to market. Autifony would be nuts, not to complete all it's clinical evaluations, before releasing it's product to a pharmaceutical drug manufacturer. We live in a world of lawyers, ready to harvest millions of dollars off any drug company, prematurely releasing a product, that could have serious side effects, or even death, on the general public. That's the core of why it takes years, of testing and clinical evaluation, to assure there are no holes in the product. Autifony has a reputation at stake here and mucho dinero, to be made, but only if it's product is squeaky clean.

His quote was from Autifony's website.

http://www.autifonytherapeutics.com/autifony-tinnitus-quiet-study.asp

Q. If I also suffer from hearing loss, can I expect to see an improvement in my audiogram, as I know AUT00063 is being tested also for Age Related Hearing Loss in the USA
A. No, we do not expect AUT00063 to improve the pure tone audiogram as the drug does not work on mechanisms is the cochlea itself. "063" is designed to improve auditory processing in the brain, and of course to reduce the central auditory activity that gives rise to tinnitus. A decline in central auditory processing is an important aspect of age related hearing loss, and gives rise to the difficult people have understanding speech in difficult listening environments, such as in a background of noise. In preclinical models, AUT00063 has been shown to improve central auditory processing.
I know, but this wasn't what I was commenting, check my message couple messages back. it should sort things out :)

I still say if this drug turns out the real deal, it will take 5-7 years, to come to market. Autifony would be nuts, not to complete all it's clinical evaluations, before releasing it's product to a pharmaceutical drug manufacturer. We live in a world of lawyers, ready to harvest millions of dollars off any drug company, prematurely releasing a product, that could have serious side effects, or even death, on the general public. That's the core of why it takes years, of testing and clinical evaluation, to assure there are no holes in the product. Autifony has a reputation at stake here and mucho dinero, to be made, but only if it's product is squeaky clean.

Have you ever tried discussing this with CEO of Autifony to check whether you are talking facts or tosh?
Why dont you email him?

@amandine. Good idea, but I'm pretty sure, their PR guys would have a scripted cover story, that spins only postitive and hopeful expectations, of their drugs efficacy and a guesstimate of it's release date, to the public. I doubt I would recieve direct and precise answers to any of my questions. Actually, they probably don't really know themselves, until all testing has been completed.

@amandine. Good idea, but I'm pretty sure, their PR guys would have a scripted cover story, that spins only postitive and hopeful expectations, of their drugs efficacy and a guesstimate of it's release date, to the public. I doubt I would recieve direct and precise answers to any of my questions. Actually, they probably don't really know themselves, until all testing has been completed.
Why dont you try and post the answer? If you are trusted you may get a trustworthy answer - if not then you will get the general stuff for the public consumption.

Still not a word from @Carloflogical . Did Autifony kidnap him?
Beginning to think something of the sort myself. Incredible not more than one person has come forward with information on AUT63. And that person has also seemed to vanish from the forum. Neither will Autifony answer our questions. Seems to me sombody somwhere are doing a very good job preventing information to get out about the trial/drug.

I truly admire Danny Boys optimism. without optimism, we lose hope. I also believe, Autifony must protect their product and the brain trust, developing it. Their patent is worth billions and I'm sure their research and formula, will be well guarded until there's certainty it works and can be marketed.

It might be safe to say, no one outside of Autifony, with the possible exception of participants in the trial testing, knows for sure, the big picture.

Beginning to think something of the sort myself. Incredible not more than one person has come forward with information on AUT63. And that person has also seemed to vanish from the forum. Neither will Autifony answer our questions. Seems to me sombody somwhere are doing a very good job preventing information to get out about the trial/drug.
Perhaps some folks on TT should consider getting themselves a job with the CIA or buying a copy of the story of "Woodward and Bernstein". Clinical trials are conducted in a fully transparent and open manner: there is no hidden or secret agenda, nor are participants required to sign non-disclosure agreements.

a (concerned) passerby

Maybe theyre having such a relief that theyv'e forgotten about TT. Or not wanting to remember or think about T, it will put it back into their mindset. Maybe they won't get anymore pill if continues to post results. But if they're having bad result for sure the person will be back to complain about T again. My thoughts.

I am surprised there haven't been more trial participants coming forward with their experiences. Don't they have access to the internet??

I have been here a few years and have seen people come and go and come again and leave forever ... I wonder if they died or found a secret T cure in exchange for their internet access ... some of us would really need to think about this choice I guess :banghead:

Also not everyone cares so much about sharing on the internet as us ..

People most likely a casual and have to much on their hands, work and life. I havent post anything until i read everything on this forums, theyre probably not a usual forumer and forget what thread they were in. Or did'nt know about message alerts.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now