Amv

Author
Benefactor
Aug 28, 2017
Tinnitus Since
07/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
-
Hello all! What has been your experience with Beta blockers and tinnitus? I just would take them sporadically, not as a continuous treatment.

Thank you and best regards!

I would also be interested to know what kind of experience others have made with Nebivolol. I am taking it for years and am not sure if it's the cause of my recent tinnitus worsening. I have read that all beta blockers are ototoxic, however this should be one of the least ototoxic ones.

I soon need to resort to beta blockers I feel. I can't take these internal tremors much longer.

But I am so scared they will hurt my ears. The ones I have been prescribed are called Propranolol. Anybody know of Propranolol? What's the risk of beta blockers on tinnitus/hyperacusis? My hyperacusis has started getting worse again, possibly because of the stress of these tremors.

I soon need to resort to beta blockers I feel. I can't take these internal tremors much longer.

But I am so scared they will hurt my ears. The ones I have been prescribed are called Propranolol. Anybody know of Propranolol? What's the risk of beta blockers on tinnitus/hyperacusis? My hyperacusis has started getting worse again, possibly because of the stress of these tremors.
I used to take Propranolol for panic attacks. No effect on tinnitus.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now