• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Botox 70% Success Rate as a Tinnitus Treatment!?

Thank you for your testimonial.

You say you have problems with your jaw, neck, and Eustachian tubes. Does this make your tinnitus worse?

What are your symptoms with your Eustachian tubes? Cracking or popping when swallowing? I'm asking because Botox injections on the palate can reduce this problem.
It absolutely makes my tinnitus/hearing loss worse. I know I'm in for hell when allergy season rolls around because my response is severe. My problems are primarily with my left ear. My right ear has some tinnitus but no discernible hearing loss.

I have some pretty severe anxiety and, along with that, TMJ/TMD. I grind my teeth pretty badly. I don't always have clicking, but when I do, it's like velcro and only happens in my left ear. It occurs when I chew and when I swallow.

The Eustachian tube is the same thing—only a problem with my left side when I do have it. I can pop my ears, and the left side will sometimes be fine, but other times, it's painful. I've tried nasal sprays and irrigation. I also have a deviated septum that favors the right side, making the left more prone to congestion. My neck has herniated discs.

As far as Botox is concerned, I've solely had it done in the masseter. I've never had it done above that, but I'd love to try. It's just incredibly expensive for the little time that it works for me. As I said before, when I clench my jaw after having the Botox done, I get absolutely zero tinnitus. However, it is unfortunately still present on the regular.

I'm not sure if that was far too much information, but if you have any other ideas of what may happen, I'm happy to try something else.

I think we all have better and worse days when dealing with this, and this week, in particular, has been far worse.

It absolutely makes my tinnitus/hearing loss worse. I know I'm in for hell when allergy season rolls around because my response is severe. My problems are primarily with my left ear. My right ear has some tinnitus but no discernible hearing loss.

I have some pretty severe anxiety and, along with that, TMJ/TMD. I grind my teeth pretty badly. I don't always have clicking, but when I do, it's like velcro and only happens in my left ear. It occurs when I chew and when I swallow.

The Eustachian tube is the same thing—only a problem with my left side when I do have it. I can pop my ears, and the left side will sometimes be fine, but other times, it's painful. I've tried nasal sprays and irrigation. I also have a deviated septum that favors the right side, making the left more prone to congestion. My neck has herniated discs.

As far as Botox is concerned, I've solely had it done in the masseter. I've never had it done above that, but I'd love to try. It's just incredibly expensive for the little time that it works for me. As I said before, when I clench my jaw after having the Botox done, I get absolutely zero tinnitus. However, it is unfortunately still present on the regular.

I'm not sure if that was far too much information, but if you have any other ideas of what may happen, I'm happy to try something else.

I think we all have better and worse days when dealing with this, and this week, in particular, has been far worse.
Thank you for the interesting information, especially about Botox on the jaw muscles, which reduces the intensity of tinnitus.

I'm planning to have Botox injections. I'll inform you of the areas of the head and neck where the Botox will be injected.

For the Eustachian tubes and their cracking/clacking, there's a topic in the hyperacusis category where a Botox injection in the tensor palate muscle could reduce these symptoms.

Is your tinnitus caused by noise?

For me, the main cause is music on headphones (chronic sound shocks), which is aggravated by the muscles of the head (including the jaw) and neck.

My tinnitus stemmed from taking Wellbutrin, and the panic that comes from finding out you have tinnitus led me to comb the internet in hopes of finding a magical cure. That's how I came across Dr. Lam. He is both an ENT and plastic surgeon who claims to be able to help those with tinnitus using Botox and a technique he says he has pioneered.

There is a credible doctor who used a similar method in the past but no longer treats tinnitus.

PM&R physician offers potential relief for tinnitus sufferers

According to this study, Botox can help tinnitus associated with migraines, but Dr. Lam has posted video testimonials of his method. I specifically recall a noise-induced tinnitus patient stating that he found relief after seeing Dr. Lam.

Botulinum Toxin Can Abolish and/or Quiet Tinnitus Associated with Chronic Migraine: Serendipidous Observations

I'm unsure if Dr. Lam's method is legit or if he's just another doctor taking advantage of those in the community, but I would love to try it. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to pay for a flight, Airbnb/hotel, and treatment. It is my understanding that the treatment is below $1,000.

What do you guys think about Dr. Lam? Is it the first time that you guys have heard about him? Do you think that Botox could possibly help to some extent with all causes of tinnitus?

I'm unsure where precisely he injects the Botox, but it is not inside your ear.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now