• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Botox Injections for Treating Tinnitus

LenPaul

Author
Oct 28, 2021
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Drug interaction with Remeron
Hello Folks,

A neurologist suggested that getting Botox injections at certain locations around the ear could lessen tinnitus for up to 4 months, then you would need to get the injections again.

[HearingReview.com] Can Botox Cure Tinnitus?

Has anyone tried Botox injections? Do they actually work? I worry because when you look up Botox and tinnitus, the other half of the search is how Botox can cause tinnitus.

Thank you.

I really want to try Botox, but I have been struggling to find a doctor near me who knows how to treat tinnitus with Botox. I found one in Texas, but I'm pretty far from there.

Have you tried it?

I really want to try Botox, but I have been struggling to find a doctor near me who knows how to treat tinnitus with Botox. I found one in Texas, but I'm pretty far from there.

Have you tried it?
Who in Texas does this? I might be up for a road trip.

Me after obliterating my tinnitus with Botox:

look-into-mirror-shw-boy.gif

I recently had Botox injections in my masseter and temporalis muscles, which were done by my dentist. I grind my teeth at night and have been using a splint for years as a result. I also have some very minor TMJ on my right side, which just so happens to be where my worst reactive tinnitus is, and my masseters were overdeveloped and very tough, so we tried this as a potential treatment. I ended up having quite a lot put in (I think he said over 100 units) across something like 14 injections.

Unfortunately, I've noticed no difference, positive or negative. It cost me nearly $700, but my dentist and I had an agreement beforehand that he would refund half the cost if it didn't work (which he subsequently did). He was very confident that I would see some effect, and I was equally hopeful, but sadly, this mustn't be the root cause for me.

Take that for what it's worth. I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from trying this, especially if you have some reason to suspect the jaw is a contributing factor. Still, it doesn't appear to be a panacea.

Oh, and if you're like me and hate needles, don't worry - the procedure doesn't hurt. I actually enjoyed it as the needles, which are very fine, seemed to act like a form of Acupuncture and relieved some tension :)

I recently had Botox injections in my masseter and temporalis muscles, which were done by my dentist. I grind my teeth at night and have been using a splint for years as a result. I also have some very minor TMJ on my right side, which just so happens to be where my worst reactive tinnitus is, and my masseters were overdeveloped and very tough, so we tried this as a potential treatment. I ended up having quite a lot put in (I think he said over 100 units) across something like 14 injections.

Unfortunately, I've noticed no difference, positive or negative. It cost me nearly $700, but my dentist and I had an agreement beforehand that he would refund half the cost if it didn't work (which he subsequently did). He was very confident that I would see some effect, and I was equally hopeful, but sadly, this mustn't be the root cause for me.

Take that for what it's worth. I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from trying this, especially if you have some reason to suspect the jaw is a contributing factor. Still, it doesn't appear to be a panacea.

Oh, and if you're like me and hate needles, don't worry - the procedure doesn't hurt. I actually enjoyed it as the needles, which are very fine, seemed to act like a form of Acupuncture and relieved some tension :)
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now