Bupropion Induced Tinnitus — Reduced by 70%!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by T_Almost_Gone, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Ryan Scott
      Inspired

Ryan Scott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      You are not alone in this. I am only 30 years old myself was just starting my career after 6 years of college when my tinnitus started. Much like you I am absolutely terrified of anything that could possibly make it worse. It's pretty evident on people who suffer from tinnitus understand this correlation.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T_Almost_Gone
      Mellow

T_Almost_Gone Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bupropion nalextrone
      Update:

- Right ear remains completely fine. Even at night clubs etc, there is no reaction/energy/buzz noise.

- Left ear continues to have small improvements. When I'm out and about and there is background noise, I don't hear it at all - in fact I forget about tinnitus. Only in bed in silence & when I'm horizontal I hear it. Sometimes I have to plug my ear to hear it, I can't hear it otherwise.

- I mostly avoid indoor night clubs. I stick to outdoor venues, I avoid the speakers and insert one earplug. It works fine and I don't have any spikes afterwards. Maybe I don't need that earplug? I'm not about to risk it to find out.

- Life is good. Considering I wanted to exit at the onset of tinnitus, I am grateful.

- And as a reminder, the only thing that worked for me was avoiding loud noise, stopping Bupropion, and time.

Shout out to @notin4u, @Ryan Scott and others who have commented.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
    3. SarahMLFlemmer

SarahMLFlemmer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accutane (withdrawl)
      Thank you for being so faithful to continue to post your "journey" with us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      T_Almost_Gone
      Mellow

T_Almost_Gone Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bupropion nalextrone
      It's been four years and three months! Crazy. The tinnitus is still there, but it's a quiet hiss, easily covered by normal day-to-day sounds. I can go days and not think about it.
      I do go to nightclubs and bars - always with an earplug in my right ear.

My LDL cholesterol is quite high (blood pressure, blood sugar, weight, etc. are all fine, so I'm hoping it's related to some steroid shots I had recently). My doctor prescribed Atorvastatin; I see tinnitus on the symptoms list, and I cannot bring myself to take it.

I work out 5-6 times a week and will try to lose more weight.

It sounds wild to some, but I fear increased tinnitus more than the risk of coronary issues (I'm 43, healthy, and don't take any other medications).

• Like Like x 4