Can Addressing Dental Issues Help Tinnitus? Can Managing Neurosis Help Tinnitus?

Voy

Author
Sep 18, 2024
Poland
Tinnitus Since
06/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hi, I have a few questions.

I've had tinnitus for a few years, but it's been getting worse over the past few months. I've also become hypersensitive to sounds, with distortions mainly in my left ear. Now, I experience several types of tinnitus, including what I believe is reactive tinnitus, which I can hear even in noisy environments. Certain sounds seem to make it worse.

Could neurosis and anxiety disorders be causing or contributing to this problem? Do psychosomatic factors intensify chronic tinnitus?

Additionally, I had orthodontic braces before the tinnitus started. After they were removed, tinnitus appeared after some time. I also have missing teeth, and I've noticed that clenching my jaw or making certain jaw movements changes the tone and intensity of the ringing or hissing sounds.

Has anyone experienced an improvement or elimination of their tinnitus by addressing dental issues, such as bite correction? And has managing neurosis helped improve tinnitus for anyone?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now