Can Havrix (Hepatitis A Vaccine) Make Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Óscar PP, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I will be traveling to Vietnam for two months during February and March this year and aside from the Typhoid vaccine (which comes in pills and doesn't really worry me), it's apparently also recommended to take the Hepatitis A vaccine.

Has anyone here had the Hepatitis A vaccine after the onset of their tinnitus? I'm scared it could cause a spike, god forbid a permanent one.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I ended up taking Avaxim (different brand) and so far, 6 days later, there is no effect on my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Juliane
      Heartbroken

Juliane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise /acoustic trauma
      I would say all vaccines can spike tinnitus. I would not take it. Hepatitis is bad but rare. Do you even need the vaccine?

And yes, I heard bad things about Havrix. Don't do it.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you have any more information regarding those bad stories?

Since my tinnitus was brought by a virus, I have to be extra careful, and despite Hepatitis A not being a mandatory vaccine to enter Vietnam, it's not that rare to catch the virus, especially if you eat outside a lot, which I plan to do.

The next vaccine I'm going to get if I travel down there again would be Qdenga for dengue. But now it's too late because I think I need two doses spread throughout a month.

5. Juliane
      Heartbroken

Juliane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise /acoustic trauma
      I don't want to scare anyone and most people tolerate vaccines well, but I have heard of Havrix causing hearing loss. As said, I don't want to scare anyone but vaccines are a gamble and can cause hearing loss and tinnitus if you are unlucky. Since you already took a vaccine and haven't experienced any side effects, I am sure you will be fine.

Vaccine-Induced Tinnitus: A New Consequence of COVID-19

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1