• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Cannabidiol (CBD) — Epidiolex

CB1 neurons in the DCN:

"However, the presence of CB1 receptors in the DCN was suggested to increase rather than to inhibit tinnitus (Smith and Zheng, 2016)."

Frontiers Review: Pathophysiology of Subjective Tinnitus: Triggers and Maintenance

Citation paper:

Cannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors and tinnitus

The Frontiers Review article is actually fascinating, by the way.
I'm in no way an expert but from what I've read online, cannabidiol acts as an antagonist at cannabinoid CB1 receptors, and THC acts as an agonist. So I suppose they function in opposite ways in regards to the DCN.

Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor Agonists Do Not Decrease, but may Increase Acoustic Trauma-Induced Tinnitus in Rats

"The other issue that must be noted is that although delta-9-THC is a partial agonist at CB1 receptors, CBD can act as a partial CB1 antagonist".​

Again, I have a very superficial understanding of brain circuitry, but this suggests that cannabidiol does not facilitate increased excitation in the DCN.

@StoneInFocus, yes, it's often not clear cut. Plus the same receptors can be inhibitory or excitatory depending on where they are located in the brain. All trial/error.

Just spoke to the doctor's assistant, my liver values (measured in the week I was taking 25 mg/kg/day) are 'normal'. I will order 100 grams soon.

I have begun my second cannabidiol trial. I am following the regular dose regimen of 5 mg/kg/day. If I don't experience too much side effects, I will try a dose of up to 50 mg/kg/day. I will report back if I get clear improvements.

Important notice: Extract Labs has, without notifying its customers, switched to laxer testing standards in regards to the THC content of their CBD isolate. Their isolate now contains <0.0015% Delta-9 THC instead of 0.00015. Apparently, when a lab report reads "None Detected" it really means that the concentration is below the LOQ, not below the LOD.

I have begun my second cannabidiol trial. I am following the regular dose regimen of 5 mg/kg/day. If I don't experience too much side effects, I will try a dose of up to 50 mg/kg/day. I will report back if I get clear improvements.

Important notice: Extract Labs has, without notifying its customers, switched to laxer testing standards in regards to the THC content of their CBD isolate. Their isolate now contains <0.0015% Delta-9 THC instead of 0.00015. Apparently, when a lab report reads "None Detected" it really means that the concentration is below the LOQ, not below the LOD.
0.00015% is equal to 1.5 ppm. I would assume they're detecting delta-9 THC by gas chromatography. Even with this highly accurate analytical equipment, 1.5 ppm is really pushing it into the realm of the result getting lost within the equipment signal noise (baseline) and huge dilutions which massively amplify operator random error. Maybe they decided the extra decimal point was just too hard to achieve.

Routinely LOD is is 3.3:1 signal to baseline noise and LOQ is 10:1 signal to baseline noise, so there isn't a MASSIVE difference between the two, being it's at such low concentrations.

Good practice is to report '<LOQ detected', but it does vary by lab.

Which makes sense, at certain thresholds the noise level is as large as the signal.

Maybe they decided the extra decimal point was just too hard to achieve.
I have no understanding of chemistry, but I think it has more to do with them trying to cut costs.

Extract Labs has their CBD isolate tested by an external company. They switched from a testing company that could, or at least claimed to, test down to 0.00015% to one that tests only up to THC concentrations ten times higher. When I called up the current testing facility, ACS Laboratory, the chemist explained to me that their facility had to capacity to subject the CBD isolate to stricter testing, so it is a deliberate choice of Extract Labs to employ a laxer testing standard.

Needless to say I am still worried the THC content will be too high for my purposes. The problem is, CBD products are almost totally unregulated in the US. As long as a product contains less than 0.3% THC, it is legal to sell it. I have looked at other companies that sell CBD isolate as well, but their stuff is still less pure than what Extract Lab sells. So I am just going to keep my trial going until serious (mental) side effects start to occur.

I have no understanding of chemistry, but I think it has more to do with them trying to cut costs.

Extract Labs has their CBD isolate tested by an external company. They switched from a testing company that could, or at least claimed to, test down to 0.00015% to one that tests only up to THC concentrations ten times higher. When I called up the current testing facility, ACS Laboratory, the chemist explained to me that their facility had to capacity to subject the CBD isolate to stricter testing, so it is a deliberate choice of Extract Labs to employ a laxer testing standard.
The new company are probably doing gas chromatography, the other company to get robust results at those levels were either using a very refined method (so you're paying for that expensive expertise) or they're using gas chromatography mass spectrometry, which has a running cost of about 50x that of a normal gas chromatography.

Not saying it's not a cost issue, but it's an understandable one. 0.00015% is ultra-trace level and unless required by legislation, you can see why they may have decided not to test to that value.

How is your trial going?

Not saying it's not a cost issue, but it's an understandable one. 0.00015% is ultra-trace level and unless required by legislation, you can see why they may have decided not to test to that value.
I could understand that decision, the problem is that Extract Labs did not communicate this change.

I paid the full price for a CBD isolate which I assumed would be subject to the same testing standard as is advertised on the website. Because I previously vouched for Extract Labs I think it is important for Tinnitus Talk members to be aware of this, and to not assume that because my last trial was without side effects, this new one will be too.
How is your trial going?
I am not really expecting to notice any effect on tinnitus or hyperacusis at doses below 25 mg/kg.

Today I took some CBD isolate and was quite a bit drowsy, which didn't happen on my last trial, but it's yet too soon to draw any conclusions from this.

I could understand that decision, the problem is that Extract Labs did not communicate this change.

I paid the full price for a CBD isolate which I assumed would be subject to the same testing standard as is advertised on the website. Because I previously vouched for Extract Labs I think it is important for Tinnitus Talk members to be aware of this, and to not assume that because my last trial was without side effects, this new one will be too.

I am not really expecting to notice any effect on tinnitus or hyperacusis at doses below 25 mg/kg.

Today I took some CBD isolate and was quite a bit drowsy, which didn't happen on my last trial, but it's yet too soon to draw any conclusions from this.
Hey! Just wanted to check in and see how the experiment was doing?

So Epidiolex isn't available here either, sadly (I'm in Canada). I'm trying to look around for the purest CBD isolate to try this experiment as well. What would you say is the maximum amount of THC that could be left in the CBD isolate, without it interfering with health and causing side effects?

Hey! Just wanted to check in and see how the experiment was doing?
Hey, unfortunately I have noticed little effects on my tinnitus or pain hyperacusis so far.

I experienced very few adverse effects from the CBD.

I have recently suffered a hyperacusis setback, but I don't think it was caused by the cannabidiol.

I haven't used Epidiolex for a couple of days now.

I am going to make a new oil mixture with the CBD isolate I have left, which should last me about 10 to 20 days using 25 mg/kg/day.

I will probably not reorder again because I do not think it's worth the cost.

Possible reasons why I haven't experienced much success yet:
  • I haven't used a high enough dose for long enough. Some people in the Retigabine threads reported immediate effects on their tinnitus, but this might be due to its GABAA modulating properties. Some said their tinnitus improved after several months of taking it. Although I must have taken cannabidiol for at least a couple months now, I have used a dosage of >= 25 mg/kg/day for less than a month. I haven't raised my doses quick enough and thereby wasted cannabidiol.
  • Cannabidiol works as a treatment against tinnitus & hyperacusis but it just does not work for me individually.
  • Pharmacokinetical reasons. Systemic oral administration of cannabidiol might not be sufficient for the treatment of tinnitus & hyperacusis, or just not as effective as Retigabine.
  • Potassium channel openers are just not effective for long term tinnitus sufferers and people with moderate to severe pain hyperacusis.
  • Oral administration of cannabidiol does not significantly open potassium channels in humans. The anticonvulsant mechanism of cannabidiol is not or only partly related to the potassium channels.
  • There is a possible effect on tinnitus & hyperacusis but this was offset by my hyperacusis setback or other factors.
  • There is a possible effect on tinnitus & hyperacusis but the usual variance in my symptoms made it difficult to discern the effect of cannabidiol on them.
  • Potassium channel openers could actually make tinnitus & hyperacusis worse, as was reported in the Retigabine thread.
  • Some other factors that I just don't know about.
So Epidiolex isn't available here either, sadly (I'm in Canada). I'm trying to look around for the purest CBD isolate to try this experiment as well. What would you say is the maximum amount of THC that could be left in the CBD isolate, without it interfering with health and causing side effects?
If you don't want any effects from the THC, your daily cannabidiol dose should contain at least less than 1 mg of THC, as that is the amount at which psychoactive effects begin to appear, but preferably it should contain way less as everyone reacts to THC differently. Let's say you weigh 70 kg. That means that when you are using 25 mg/kg/day, you are using 1750 mg per day. 1 mg of 1750 mg corresponds to a percentage of 0.06%. So when you are looking at a lab test, the LOQ for the total active THC should be less than 0.06%.

The CBD isolate from Extract Labs I am currently using is claimed to contain less than 0.004 mg total active THC. I don't think I have experienced psychoactive side effects from it. I have investigated at least a dozen brands but none of them near the purity of Extract Labs. For example, the THC LOQ for Lazarus Natural's Bulk Isolate is 0.143%. That equates to 7.223 mg of THC per day, which would make you about as high as taking a few puffs from a joint. I would only trust brands that are double-tested by leafreport.com. Plus the company needs to actually ship to your country. All in all you are left with very few options to chose from.

Hey, unfortunately I have noticed little effects on my tinnitus or pain hyperacusis so far.

I experienced very few adverse effects from the CBD.

I have recently suffered a hyperacusis setback, but I don't think it was caused by the cannabidiol.

I haven't used Epidiolex for a couple of days now.

I am going to make a new oil mixture with the CBD isolate I have left, which should last me about 10 to 20 days using 25 mg/kg/day.

I will probably not reorder again because I do not think it's worth the cost.

Possible reasons why I haven't experienced much success yet:
  • I haven't used a high enough dose for long enough. Some people in the Retigabine threads reported immediate effects on their tinnitus, but this might be due to its GABAA modulating properties. Some said their tinnitus improved after several months of taking it. Although I must have taken cannabidiol for at least a couple months now, I have used a dosage of >= 25 mg/kg/day for less than a month. I haven't raised my doses quick enough and thereby wasted cannabidiol.
  • Cannabidiol works as a treatment against tinnitus & hyperacusis but it just does not work for me individually.
  • Pharmacokinetical reasons. Systemic oral administration of cannabidiol might not be sufficient for the treatment of tinnitus & hyperacusis, or just not as effective as Retigabine.
  • Potassium channel openers are just not effective for long term tinnitus sufferers and people with moderate to severe pain hyperacusis.
  • Oral administration of cannabidiol does not significantly open potassium channels in humans. The anticonvulsant mechanism of cannabidiol is not or only partly related to the potassium channels.
  • There is a possible effect on tinnitus & hyperacusis but this was offset by my hyperacusis setback or other factors.
  • There is a possible effect on tinnitus & hyperacusis but the usual variance in my symptoms made it difficult to discern the effect of cannabidiol on them.
  • Potassium channel openers could actually make tinnitus & hyperacusis worse, as was reported in the Retigabine thread.
  • Some other factors that I just don't know about.

If you don't want any effects from the THC, your daily cannabidiol dose should contain at least less than 1 mg of THC, as that is the amount at which psychoactive effects begin to appear, but preferably it should contain way less as everyone reacts to THC differently. Let's say you weigh 70 kg. That means that when you are using 25 mg/kg/day, you are using 1750 mg per day. 1 mg of 1750 mg corresponds to a percentage of 0.06%. So when you are looking at a lab test, the LOQ for the total active THC should be less than 0.06%.

The CBD isolate from Extract Labs I am currently using is claimed to contain less than 0.004 mg total active THC. I don't think I have experienced psychoactive side effects from it. I have investigated at least a dozen brands but none of them near the purity of Extract Labs. For example, the THC LOQ for Lazarus Natural's Bulk Isolate is 0.143%. That equates to 7.223 mg of THC per day, which would make you about as high as taking a few puffs from a joint. I would only trust brands that are double-tested by leafreport.com. Plus the company needs to actually ship to your country. All in all you are left with very few options to chose from.
Oof, those points are scary. I'm really banking on something like XEN1101 working for us, so the idea of it not working as a long time treatment for noxacusis is terrifying. I just don't see how it's possible though, assuming the pain is coming from the Type II nerves. I assume it's just because either it's not as potent as Trobalt or Trobalt was acting on additional channels. Are we like 80% sure loudness and pain hyperacusis are coming from just Kv7.2 and Kv7.3 channels?

I'm wondering if we could get our hands on prescribed Epidiolex, would it work effectively? Having access to a high, constant dosage seems to be key. I wonder if you were able to maintain that dosage or more for a couple of months straight, would it leave the potassium channels open permanently?

Yeah, I have to see what the best option is here. I'm looking at a few places, but I'm really sad I don't live in the United States right now. Apparently CBD isolate is really cheap there, plus they have access to Epidiolex.

What are your symptoms with hyperacusis and noxacusis? Just in case the CBD didn't work for you personally.

I've had sharp pain to sounds (at the beginning when I wasn't protecting, also I'm not sure if it was in the inner ear or not), TTTS, itching and a wetness feeling in my ear, aching and fullness feeling in middle ear, loudness hyperacusis, headaches, trigeminal nerve pain, musical and reactive tinnitus, also pulsing tinnitus, and some weird increased light sensitivity and eye blurriness (I'm not entirely sure if it's related to my hyperacusis).

Are we like 80% sure loudness and pain hyperacusis are coming from just Kv7.2 and Kv7.3 channels?
That's a good question, maybe pan-Kv7 channel openers work better for tinnitus & hyperacusis than just Kv7.2 and Kv7.3.
I'm wondering if we could get our hands on prescribed Epidiolex, would it work effectively?
That all depends on how much you trust your CBD isolate to contain what it is supposed to contain. I just don't see how prescribed Epidiolex would differ from from a homemade CBD tincture.
What are your symptoms with hyperacusis and noxacusis? Just in case the CBD didn't work for you personally.

I've had sharp pain to sounds (at the beginning when I wasn't protecting, also I'm not sure if it was in the inner ear or not), TTTS, itching and a wetness feeling in my ear, aching and fullness feeling in middle ear, loudness hyperacusis, headaches, trigeminal nerve pain, musical and reactive tinnitus, also pulsing tinnitus, and some weird increased light sensitivity and eye blurriness (I'm not entirely sure if it's related to my hyperacusis).
I mainly suffer from nociceptive (sharp) pain in reaction to sound, but lately from immediate burning pain as well.

Do you take Ambroxol?

To finish on a positive note, I recently looked at some scientific articles and found out about P2Y12 and P2X3 antagonists which could potentially help with hyperacusis. I am going to make the threads soon.

That's a good question, maybe pan-Kv7 channel openers work better for tinnitus & hyperacusis than just Kv7.2 and Kv7.3.

That all depends on how much you trust your CBD isolate to contain what it is supposed to contain. I just don't see how prescribed Epidiolex would differ from from a homemade CBD tincture.

I mainly suffer from nociceptive (sharp) pain in reaction to sound, but lately from immediate burning pain as well.

Do you take Ambroxol?

To finish on a positive note, I recently looked at some scientific articles and found out about P2Y12 and P2X3 antagonists which could potentially help with hyperacusis. I am going to make the threads soon.
But didn't we learn from that study from 2015 that only those two channels were involved with the Type II? I'm not sure what the other channels would be doing in noxacusis, and I believe that's the only source where the pain could be coming from (unless there was damage to the auditory nerve itself?). I saw a comment on here talking about how Kv7.1 was involved in the inner ear, but I'm not sure if Trobalt even affected that channel.

I believe Epidiolex could have entirely no trace of THC in it, I'm not sure if I could find anyone that could sell CBD that pure. But it might be better as you can maybe increase the dosage faster, given that there's no chance of THC in it. Also, you mentioned that you felt you've wasted some CBD slowly increasing, could you increase it faster?

I haven't managed to grab Ambroxol yet, but I am curious on how much it'll help my symptoms. Maybe I can narrow down if it's solely inner ear or middle ear related.

I haven't heard of P2Y12 and P2X3 antagonists? I'm looking forward to the thread though! Nice job with all the researching so far by the way! Did you hear that Gabapentin was recently discovered to be a potassium channel opener for Kv7.2/3 & Kv7.5?

I believe Epidiolex could have entirely no trace of THC in it, I'm not sure if I could find anyone that could sell CBD that pure. But it might be better as you can maybe increase the dosage faster, given that there's no chance of THC in itAlso, you mentioned that you felt you've wasted some CBD slowly increasing, could you increase it faster?
I have searched the web but could not really find much information about how pure Epidiolex is. Like I've said, I am currently using CBD isolate which contains less than 0.004% THC and have not noticed any mind-altering effects even though I am particularly sensitive to psychotropic substances. I have read a study where they they up-titrated the dose from 5 mg/kg/day to 25 mg/kg/day in 9 days. But of course faster dosage raising could result in more side effects.
I haven't heard of P2Y12 and P2X3 antagonists? I'm looking forward to the thread though! Nice job with all the researching so far by the way! Did you hear that Gabapentin was recently discovered to be a potassium channel opener for Kv7.2/3 & Kv7.5?
No I did not know that, that is interesting. Have you ever considered trying Gabapentin?

I have searched the web but could not really find much information about how pure Epidiolex is. Like I've said, I am currently using CBD isolate which contains less than 0.004% THC and have not noticed any mind-altering effects even though I am particularly sensitive to psychotropic substances. I have read a study where they they up-titrated the dose from 5 mg/kg/day to 25 mg/kg/day in 9 days. But of course faster dosage raising could result in more side effects.

No I did not know that, that is interesting. Have you ever considered trying Gabapentin?
Oh yeah, that makes sense. Are the potential side effects from the THC?

I'm planning on trying Gabapentin if the CBD expirement doesn't work. And then I'll probably try a CGRP blocker if I don't think opening potassium channels are helping in my case. But I want to try starting with the CBD because it has the least amount of side effects, especially for tinnitus.

I'm also wondering since I'm a newer case (only a few months in) if the outcome will be different? I know the nerves have the capability of becoming un-sensitized, but maybe the CBD is too weak of a potassium channel opener for long term cases? Maybe something more potent or administered into the ear would help a lot more?

The company I'm in contact with sent me a lab sheet for the THC trace amounts. I have absolutely no idea how to read it though lmao. Should I email them back and just say if I take this at 25 mg/kg/day, what would be my daily THC rate?

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Are the potential side effects from the THC?

I'm planning on trying Gabapentin if the CBD expirement doesn't work. And then I'll probably try a CGRP blocker if I don't think opening potassium channels are helping in my case. But I want to try starting with the CBD because it has the least amount of side effects, especially for tinnitus.

I'm also wondering since I'm a newer case (only a few months in) if the outcome will be different? I know the nerves have the capability of becoming un-sensitized, but maybe the CBD is too weak of a potassium channel opener for long term cases? Maybe something more potent or administered into the ear would help a lot more?

The company I'm in contact with sent me a lab sheet for the THC trace amounts. I have absolutely no idea how to read it though lmao. Should I email them back and just say if I take this at 25 mg/kg/day, what would be my daily THC rate?
I can't comment on whether the company you've contacted is legit or not. I will strongly advise you not to order anything unless you're absolutely certain you know what you're doing. I am probably at risk of sounding like a shill here but I can only vouch for the CBD isolate from Extract Labs. If you are not comfortable with spending that amount of money or can't afford it, I would suggest, as you're only a few months in, to try other avenues for treating your ear problems.

Has a doctor looked at your ear yet? Do you have a family history of migraines? Are you still exposed to music or other digital sounds? Have you ever tried meditation or other exercises? Etc.

Best of luck and let us know when you are taking the next step.

I can't comment on whether the company you've contacted is legit or not. I will strongly advise you not to order anything unless you're absolutely certain you know what you're doing. I am probably at risk of sounding like a shill here but I can only vouch for the CBD isolate from Extract Labs. If you are not comfortable with spending that amount of money or can't afford it, I would suggest, as you're only a few months in, to try other avenues for treating your ear problems.

Has a doctor looked at your ear yet? Do you have a family history of migraines? Are you still exposed to music or other digital sounds? Have you ever tried meditation or other exercises? Etc.

Best of luck and let us know when you are taking the next step.
I gave them a quick email just on what would be the daily THC rate, as I don't want to waste money with the experiment. I'll look around Canada's market, but I might try Extract Labs if I'm not comfortable with the purity. The company I'm talking to is highly recommended in the Canadian market, so I'm definitely not worried about getting scammed. Just in case it doesn't work, I'm going to try and get a prescription for it and see if it's covered or not.

What other avenues would you suggest? This is the first option for medication for me, as I believe it is the safest. I'm a bit worried about developing eye issues and tinnitus spikes with the other medication on the list.

My ENT looked at my ears for a quick check. Just based on nothing looking wrong at face value and my symptoms, he diagnosed me with hyperacusis. He was pretty uneducated as he said the famous line: "normal sound can't hurt". So I'm not going back to him.

No history of migraines that I know of. Just a long list of ear problems (Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, airplane barotrauma a couple of times, auditory processing disorder, as well as my mom having issues with her hearing at the same age as me).

No music, but I live in a noisy environment (split house, I live in the basement and my landlord is upstairs, can't afford to move sadly so double protection 24/7).

EDIT: The company just got back to me and said:
There's no THC in our CBD isolate or any properly extracted CBD isolate. The LOQ is merely the limit of detection and this lab has the highest standard or lowest LOQ of 0.01. Some labs have a higher LOQ like 0.05 or even more. It doesn't get any lower than 0.01. You can see in the CoA that under THC there is ND written meaning non-detected. It means there is not even trace amounts of THC in our CBD.
Is that about the same for Extract Labs?

Could you post the actual lab results?
lab-analysis-confident-cannabis.jpg

You have to keep in mind that THCA decarboxylates into delta 9 THC when exposed to light and/or heat, so when we want to know the total possible amount of THC in the CBD isolate, we multiply the LOQ of THCA by 0.877 and add it to the LOQ of delta 9 THC, which gives us a LOQ of 0,01877. If you weigh 70 kg, it would equate to roughly 0.33 mg THC per day, compared to 0.07 mg if you were to use Extract Labs.

What company is this?

You have to keep in mind that THCA decarboxylates into delta 9 THC when exposed to light and/or heat, so when we want to know the total possible amount of THC in the CBD isolate, we multiply the LOQ of THCA by 0.877 and add it to the LOQ of delta 9 THC, which gives us a LOQ of 0,01877. If you weigh 70 kg, it would equate to roughly 0.33 mg THC per day, compared to 0.07 mg if you were to use Extract Labs.

What company is this?
I'm around 54 kg, do you think this dosage is around the safe level for me? Could I increase the dosage past 25 mg/kg/day if I wanted to see what the effects were?

It's True North Remedies, they're based in Canada. They don't have a website but you contact them by email, I guess it saves them money doing it that way. I found them recommended all over Reddit.

I'm around 54 kg, do you think this dosage is around the safe level for me? Could I increase the dosage past 25 mg/kg/day if I wanted to see what the effects were?

It's True North Remedies, they're based in Canada. They don't have a website but you contact them by email, I guess it saves them money doing it that way. I found them recommended all over Reddit.
Not trying to be mean but if they don't even have a website, how can you claim the company is "highly recommended in the Canadian market"? That is sketchy as hell. Reddit recommendations don't really tell anything, HonestCBD Co received positive reviews on there as well and their CBD isolate was total bunk. Besides that a LOQ of 0,01877 sounds on the riskier side.

Again, you CANNOT trust companies that aren't double-tested by leafreport.com. I'm sorry but it's just the way it is.

Not trying to be mean but if they don't even have a website, how can you claim the company is "highly recommended in the Canadian market"? That is sketchy as hell. Reddit recommendations don't really tell anything, HonestCBD Co received positive reviews on there as well and their CBD isolate was total bunk. Besides that a LOQ of 0,01877 sounds on the riskier side.

Again, you CANNOT trust companies that aren't double-tested by leafreport.com. I'm sorry but it's just the way it is.
Not mean at all, I'm pretty new to the market so your advice is very helpful.

I didn't know that. I'll definitely compare different companies on that website you mentioned. How does that website work? Does it cover different companies internationally? Does it give a company or a company's product a rating of reliability?

Did you use leafreport.com to determine that Extract Labs has the lowest percentage of THC traces?

Are there plenty of good reviews for leafreport.com? Have you been using it for a while now?

I'm just asking because two of the Canadian companies that were recommended to me weren't in the database. Is it primarily a USA oriented website?

Did you use leafreport.com to determine that Extract Labs has the lowest percentage of THC traces?
Sort of, for every CBD isolate mentioned on their website I have checked out the corresponding company, looked at the lab results listed on their website, and made sure they ship internationally. Extract Labs was the purest I could find. A leafreport.com testing still doesn't give a guarantee that the lab results as reported by the companies are accurate though, so that is just a gamble you got to make.

If you find an isolate tested by leafreport.com with a THC-total LOQ below 0.004, with a lower price than Extract Labs, that is shipped internationally, let me know. You are probably wasting your time.

Sort of, for every CBD isolate mentioned on their website I have checked out the corresponding company, looked at the lab results listed on their website, and made sure they ship internationally. Extract Labs was the purest I could find. A leafreport.com testing still doesn't give a guarantee that the lab results as reported by the companies are accurate though, so that is just a gamble you got to make.

If you find an isolate tested by leafreport.com with a THC-total LOQ below 0.004, with a lower price than Extract Labs, that is shipped internationally, let me know. You are probably wasting your time.
I'll definitely take a look at leafreport.com for sure, it's a shame some of the Canadian companies aren't on there. I just checked it out briefly and I'm not sure why Extract Labs has such a low rating?

It's such a shame how crappy the market is here for CBD isolate. It's so expensive here and you're barely getting any CBD. In Colorado it's apparently dirt cheap.

Are you able to link the exact product that you got, please?

Also, do you remember reading anywhere that opening these two potassium channels caused and/or exasperated symptoms of visual snow?

I'm just asking because I've noticed some weird eye symptoms lately and I have no idea if they're a precursor to visual snow. I know Trobalt caused it in some people but I haven't heard of people that already had visual snow taking it.

P.S. Do you have primarily middle ear or inner ear noxacusis? Just asking because I want to make sure this approach could work with my primarily middle ear symptoms and you mentioned you had some relief with the CBD.

Are you able to link the exact product that you got, please?
Even though their customer service assured me they have regulations in place to ensure that the quality of their CBD isolate remains constant, I just looked at the lab report of their latest CBD isolate batch and saw that it suddenly became way less pure in regards to its THC content.

The sample contained 0.081% delta 9 THC, making it useless for our purposes.I am afraid they might have changed production methods and this quality change is permanent.
Also, do you remember reading anywhere that opening these two potassium channels caused and/or exasperated symptoms of visual snow?

I'm just asking because I've noticed some weird eye symptoms lately and I have no idea if they're a precursor to visual snow. I know Trobalt caused it in some people but I haven't heard of people that already had visual snow taking it.
No, I am not aware about any connection between potassium channels and visual snow syndrome. Visual snow syndrome caused by Trobalt might be unrelated to its potassium modulating properties.
P.S. Do you have primarily middle ear or inner ear noxacusis? Just asking because I want to make sure this approach could work with my primarily middle ear symptoms and you mentioned you had some relief with the CBD.
The only possible way cannabidiol might help hyperacusis that I am currently aware of is by reducing hyperexcitiability of the type 2 afferent neurons in the cochlea by opening of their potassium channels. I think that the acute stabbing pain I experience is related to these neurons in the cochlea. I have not really read much about middle ear dysfunction and hyperacusis.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now