Change in Personality

Yes, different in some ways, I do not usually feel as bad as most of items on the list above, possibly because I don't have a severe, or long-term, case.

I'd rather take steps to reduce my anxiety, develop a positive outlook, and learn to habituate and deal with it as millions of people have, without getting depressed, feeling abnormal, etc.

Yes, but I'm thinking like Luman. But Mr. Equalizer said it best. On this site most have severe, but I'm in the middle with extra anxiety that came attach, so the struggle is just as real.

I learned a lot from this site, I have the same anxiety, my T goes up to moderate but moves and changes everyday, it is not so easy to adjust to and changed me to realize my health went from healthy to having to deal with a serious mental disease.

I'm less concerned with the personality changes and more concerned with cognitive function changes. My T is mild/moderate though,. It's the H causing me more distress.

Not only that

With tinnitus it is common to feel:

1. Miserable (a special form of misery)
2. Abnormal
3. Less than anyone
4. Not human, perhaps as a mutant, because humans have mental silence.
5. Between life and death daily.
6. Anxious and depressed
7. No future in the medium or long term.
8. Jealous of the peace of others.
9. Punished as if he were the worst criminal, but without deserving it.

The above are just some of the common personality changes among patients across the forum, of course there are many personaity changes missing here.

Basically, everything negative. If there is something positive to come out of all this let me know.

Because it was my fault and only my fault to get tinnitus (loud music using headphones). I am really angry at me all the time. I can not forgive myself. I damaged forever the most important person in my life...myself. I feel guilty.

The worst part is the silent suffering, I need to lean on people like my fiance but at the same time why make the people around you as miserable as you...

Yes, some kind of personality change, hard to describe.

Might be something with the brain and the pitch it receives, bothering the function of how it operates.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now