Child Screaming!

Mario martz

Author
Feb 12, 2016
Tinnitus Since
02/2016
So basically my nephew who is 5 years old, loves to scream like a little girl and very high-pitched.

He's like that kid in that movie "Problem Child" who likes to misbehave and be a litle pain in the ass.

So he discovered that my "ears hurt" every time he screams. So whenever I tell him to pick up their toys or that kind of stuff, he yells very high-pitched and loud.

He just told me "if you bother me I'm gonna scream so loud and you ears are gonna hurt", yet my sister dares tell me that there is no malice in this child (HAHAHHA never seen a meaner child since chucky)

So, he has screamed 2 times kinda near me.

Do you think it can cause more damage?

I'm trying to avoid this kid...

Through a hissy fit yourself and screem at him he will soon Stop it.
.. lots of love glynis

Protect yourself! Wear earplugs whenever you are with him. I work in a school and wear the plugs the whole time I'm there, just in case. Also, if you're going to be near him and can't avoid it, then have some flesh-tone earplugs in so he can't notice them, and when he screams, DON'T react (unless it's just to say, hey, my ears got better) and then have something ready to show him (like, in your pocket, a small interesting gadget, etc.) and distract him IMMEDIATELY after he tries that provoking scream. A couple of times of you not reacting/follow up with distracting item, etc. and he should forget and lose interest.

I am not a fan of his behavior. :(

Protect yourself! Wear earplugs whenever you are with him. I work in a school and wear the plugs the whole time I'm there, just in case. Also, if you're going to be near him and can't avoid it, then have some flesh-tone earplugs in so he can't notice them, and when he screams, DON'T react (unless it's just to say, hey, my ears got better) and then have something ready to show him (like, in your pocket, a small interesting gadget, etc.) and distract him IMMEDIATELY after he tries that provoking scream. A couple of times of you not reacting/follow up with distracting item, etc. and he should forget and lose interest.

I am not a fan of his behavior. :(

Yes i try to talk to my sister about it, how painful its to me whenever he screams (my t actually spiked after he screamed not sure if its related to his screams )
but shes like "well dont play with him or avoid him" hahaa "damn parent of the year"
SO i think ill just avoid him, he just screams whenever we have an interaction, so ill just avoid interaction.
i just hope this spike is only temporary.

I love it when my grandkids visit but my ears love it when they go home. They just have lots of energy and exuberance for life and that is loud. They don't purposely try to hurt me. Kids tend to be loud but your 5 year old nephew seems to have a mean streak. I think you should try to avoid him for now and hope that he will be a nicer 6 or 7 year old.

Children can come out with some things.
Today my 3 year old grandson said how many grownups are in the room ?
I won't count you if you are not quiet.
Hahaha hes just started school and bet he got that off his teacher....lots of love glynis

Please don't worry about your noise level increasing because of this incident. Your ears are tender and will react to such noise levels. Sort of like when you have a pulled muscle and do something to annoy it. Then after a few days of rest things are okay.

I wonder why some or most young kids are like that?

I agree with the idea to avoid being around him for now.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now