• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Cleanhearing Sono (Electromagnetic Stimulation & Notched Music) — Reviews or Experiences?

I have the original version of the Cleanhearing Sono device, called Tiex. I bought it in 2011, when my tinnitus was very severe. I have used it twice a day for many years and found it helped a lot with managing my tinnitus. Whenever I stopped using Tiex, I noticed after a few days the tinnitus began to increase and I had to return to using it. I have tried numerous times over 12 years to reduce or stop using Tiex but the tinnitus always increases after a period of time. I have mentioned this in a previous post on this thread.

Since I have been regularly taking Epsom salt baths, I noticed my tinnitus is not so problematic, although it can still reach severe levels, requiring me to take Clonazepam - but there has been noticeable improvement in the way the tinnitus behaves and therefore, I decided to try reducing the use of the Tiex machine which I have done for 2 months. It is still early days but for now the tinnitus hasn't got worse.

Michael
Is Tiex sound therapy alone, or paired with magnetic stimulation?

I have variable tinnitus which is my definition of a more severe form of noise-induced tinnitus. It can be silent, mild, moderate, severe and very severe.

My tinnitus does no longer spike,
@Michael Leigh, that's quite a broad range of tinnitus you have there, basically ranging from zero to ten?

In suffering this for decades, are there any 'triggers' you have noticed (e.g., food, noise, exercise, time-of-day), which you are aware of now, that causes your tinnitus to increase?

Or is it totally random this movement between silent and very severe and you have noticed no correlation with anything in all these years?

@Michael Leigh, that's quite a broad range of tinnitus you have there, basically ranging from zero to ten?
Yes, my tinnitus is quite unique according to my ENT and audiologist. It became this way after my second noise trauma in 2008. Before this the tinnitus was so low that most of the time I was unaware of it.
In suffering this for decades, are there any 'triggers' you have noticed (e.g., food, noise, exercise, time-of-day), which you are aware of now, that causes your tinnitus to increase?
There are no triggers. When the tinnitus is severe, it can reduce to a more manageable level by itself but sometimes I need to take Clonazepam, usually for just a day to calm it down.
Or is it totally random this movement between silent and very severe and you have noticed no correlation with anything in all these years?
No correlation with anything, the tinnitus is totally random.

The tinnitus has improved as mentioned in my previous posts.

Michael

Is Tiex sound therapy alone, or paired with magnetic stimulation?
I don't quite understand what you mean? My Tiex device comprises of a pair of headphones, fitted with a 6.35 mm jack, that connects to a grey plastic box, which is powered by a 9V PP3 battery. It is approximately 15 cm x 8 cm x 3 cm. A rotary switch is fitted that sends a signal through the headphones at 6 Hz. No sound is heard through the headphones. These are a special type of headphones, because I have connected them to an audio device and no sound comes through the headphones.

When wearing the headphones, my tinnitus can sometimes fluctuate quite a lot, other times it doesn't. There is no doubt Tiex has helped me a lot over the years.
It's paired with magnetic stimulation, although the sound component can be turned off.
Tiex device doesn't work like that. Two frequencies can be selected, 3 Hz or 6 Hz via a rotary switch. It is recommended to use 6 Hz, for 30 minutes twice a day. The inventor of Tiex also has tinnitus. There is a video on YouTube, showing Tiex in use by a tinnitus patient in clinic. Tiex is no longer available for purchase.

Although there seems to be some similarities between the device sold by Cleanhearing and Tiex, I don't think they are exactly the same.

Before I bought Tiex in 2011, I read reviews on people that had tried it. It helped around 60% of people with tinnitus, either lowering the noise within 4 months or curing the tinnitus. The inventor said Tiex won't help everyone, that's why it could be rented. If there was no improvement in the tinnitus within 4 months, it could be returned instead of buying it. I was desperate so took a chance and bought it out right. I began noticing improvement in the tinnitus after 6 months.

I realize some people will be sceptical of Tiex but I know it has helped me.

Gerald Neuwirth, the inventor of Tiex, is now chief technical advisor for Cleanhearing Sono. Apparently he no longer has tinnitus.

Michael

I spoke to a friend who has tried Cleanhearing Sono for 6 months. No improvement.
It doesn't work for everyone @Nick47, this is the reason the device can be rented. I bought Tiex, the original version of Cleanhearing Sono outright and saw no improvement after the recommended 4 months.

It stated on the website: after 4 months use, if no improvement in the tinnitus, then it's unlikely to happen. However, I persisted, and after 6 months I noticed gradual improvement in the tinnitus. I used it daily for 11 years but have stopped using it now for nearly 3 months.

Michael

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now