Clicking at the Back of the Throat?

Audiophile_bg

Author
Sep 28, 2018
Tinnitus Since
08/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
Olanzapine/MRI
I do have Eustachian tube issues, and that was the cause of my low tinnitus.

Now that the tinnitus is gone though, every now and then I do get this clicking noise behind my mouth/nose. Especially when I move my head, or almost exclusively when I move my head. Has anyone experienced that?

I will also write a short update post about how my ears are now.

Thanks. :)

yeah I've had this for years, it is probably your eustachian tubes sticking and unsticking. Stay hydrated.

Thank you! I feel a bit better now. :) Are you doing good yourself?
yeah kinda. I'm totally ready to be rid of this tinnitus bullshit. I've found a ton of evidence that there is already an ability to cure hearing loss with growth factors and stem cells and it's pissing me off that that nobody gives a rat's ass. Shouldn't the ATA and BTA and Tinnitus Hub be all over this?

I had this one day.. it was real weird because the sound was coming like "under" me....like from the roof of my mouth or something, and like the back of my head... real weird feeling. It went away in aday tho

I had this one day.. it was real weird because the sound was coming like "under" me....like from the roof of my mouth or something, and like the back of my head... real weird feeling. It went away in aday tho
Yes this is exactly how it feels to me. Very weird.

Hey @Audiophile_bg sorry to jump on this post and I realise it is old but I am suffering from this awful low tinnitus - it almost sounds like a car outside idling. It's frightening.

It sounds like yours cleared up though? Did you have ETD diagnosed or did you just start taking the nasal spray and notice that it cleared up?

Finding it so tough at the moment x

@monkey124 I have had the low rumbling tinnitus too (and still have it ... somewhere in the depths)
Started in May this year, first month was hell. Couldn't stand to (try to) sleep in my own bedroom anymore so I moved down to the kitchen.

At the same time I decided no longer to sleep on my 'bad' ear + sleep with my Google Home (has lowish bass) playing a constant low rumble (same tone as my tinnitus).

Result: I haven't heard my tinnitus being loud since then (it is still there when I sit down and listen for it)

Sidenote: 2 weeks ago I was feeling brave (after so many months) and slept on my bad ear for 3 nights. On the 3rd day I woke up with loud low rumbling tinnitus again.

Does yours also 'stop' when someone is talking to you?

Hey @Ben Winders, thanks for reaching out. Thanks for the tips, I may well try them. To be honest in the day the sound is covered up by normal every day life and I am distracted and busy with work etc it's just when I am having down time or about to go to sleep I hear it and it gets louder and louder and it genuinely sounds like there a car / truck is idling outside. It's so so awful.

The sound goes whilst I am talking, humming and do not hear it outside. The thudding sound goes over the bathroom fan and distorts it. So much so I actually said to my husband last night that I thought the fan was broken and he was very confused.

I have had this for 8 months now and it's hard to handle. Have been to numerous ENTs and they all say it's fine and that my hearing is very good and nothing to be seen in my ears. They think my tinnitus has been bought on by stress (left ear more of a tinkle and white noise sound and gradually improving tbh)!

How did you get yours?

@monkey124
ENTs also don't know. Audiograms are fine. One (of the 4 that I saw in total) ENT said it was probably something in my neck... but that is absolutely not what it is.

I did have an "accident" with earbuds 4 weeks prior to the low rumble kicking in, so I am attributing it to that, although usually - tinnitus from acoustic trauma is pretty instant (from what I've come to know).

So - currently I don't hear the low rumbling one (it sounds exactly as you describe it - car / truck idling outside/inside my head) - I 'only' have very high pitched static hiss in both ears for the moment (right "bad" ear side usually a bit worse).

Another thing is that there is definite constant 'pressure' in my bad ear.
Also - like many other people do: wear earplugs in the car. I am not able to do that. If I drive my car with earplugs in the bad ear, the tinnitus is going extremely loud. Unbearable.

Currently waiting for my shipment of NAD+ and Resveratrol - don't know what else to do tbh.
I know for a fact that the low rumbling is not gone, it's just that I keep my brain busy 24/7... if I don't (> sleep on my right side, put my bad ear on the pillow and therefor shielding it from my masking sound), the rumble will definitely be back, as I said before > tried and tested 2 weeks ago.

I had the same feeling as you describe... even if, some days, the rumble wasn't really loud. As soon as I found myself in a quiet room (trying to get to sleep or something), my brain would start tuning in and make it louder and louder ...

So - again - I have low rumbling masking on Day and Night... In the day I add music to it and in the night I have some random nature sounds (I use asoftmurmur dot com - it is free and they have good quality sounds you can mix)

(Sorry for jumping from one thing to another - it's late where I am and I am tired)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now