Bart

Author
Sep 8, 2014
Antwerp
Tinnitus Since
05/06/2014
Cause of Tinnitus
Noise
I think I got sinusitis since Sunday, and while it eventually did not have much impact on my tinnitus, it was actually getting a bit better after a long spike, since today my ears and nose feel terribly clogged and stuffed, and the tinnitus is through the roof.

Is this normal for a cold?

Hi @Bart,
Sinusitis can spike tinnitus and cause post nasal drip and that can get in your eustation tubes.
Steroid nasal sprays can help and antihistamines to reduce the mucus .
An extra pillow at night can help.
Sudafed can help clear mucus and steam inhalation.

love glynis

Steroid nasal sprays can help and antihistamines to reduce the mucus
Could steroid nasal sprays and antihistamines be ototoxic? Has anyone read or written any posts about steroid nasal sprays or antihistamines causing tinnitus to spike?

Could steroid nasal sprays and antihistamines be ototoxic? Has anyone read or written any posts about steroid nasal sprays or antihistamines causing tinnitus to spike?
Not sure if it was a coincidence, but right after I took a steroid nasal spray my tinnitus got permanently louder and I developed a hissing sound.. I haven't had any since

Well i also used one and mine didn't changed. Just to throw it in here. And my tinnitus came together with a cold. If anything the spray made it better.

Got a head cold Dec 1, it was cured by Dec 10, clear nose and breathing now but the spike remains. I've been on Flonase for 6 days. No real change up or down so far. The spike does vary however, higher one day then lower the next then higher the next again. No rhyme or reason.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now