• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Delix Therapeutics — Neuroplastogen for Hearing Loss

Nick47

Author
Podcast Patron
Benefactor
Ambassador
Advocate
Jun 16, 2022
UK
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Viral/noise
It seems that a lot of researchers are developing different kinds of goop to inject in our ears. Let's hope one of these works. I'd sign up for a tinnitus trial if they ever do one.

Wow! This one is rather mind-blowing. I've just had conversations with two people about how microdosing Psilocybin for a month or two greatly helped their depression.

Paul Stamets claims that microdosing has more positive long-term effects than taking a larger dose.

I haven't touched the stuff in decades, but I'm now very intrigued.

When can we expect progress in clinical trials for treatments of cochlear synaptopathy? Recent news suggests that scientists have found a way to repair synaptic connections, so what obstacles are still in the way?

When can we expect progress in clinical trials for treatments of cochlear synaptopathy? Recent news suggests that scientists have found a way to repair synaptic connections, so what obstacles are still in the way?
I believe synaptic repair has been limited to animals only so far, and it's possible that the therapeutic was only effective when administered within three days of acoustic trauma (per the interview below). I would take a closer look at it.

The discovery of cochlear synaptopathy dates back to '09, but science, medicine, and technology are slow to progress.

Though it's great to see an interview like this from 2023, pay close attention to Dr. Lieberman and his team at Mass Eye and Ear and Eaton-Peabody Laboratories. They may hold the key to the future of hearing health for those of us who suffer from 'hidden hearing loss' — tinnitus and hyperacusis but without any blatant hearing loss on an audiogram.

Interview with Charles Liberman, PhD 2022 La Fondation Pour l'Audition, Scientific Grand Prize Recipient

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now