• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Desensitization for Neuropathic Pain: Have You Tried It for Noxacusis / Ear Pain?

G

GoatSheep

Author
Desensitization for Neuropathic Pain

Has anyone tried a protocol like this for ear pain or noxacusis pain?

Obviously, some of them could be problematic like using vibration. Some wouldn't apply like using the bowl of dry rice, etc.

desensitization-neuropathic-tinnitus-hyperacusis.png

How would you do this if the pain is originating deep in the inner ear?
I posted it for pain that is radiating through the jaw, outer ear, neck, forehead etc. I didn't see anything posted about it before so I'm just curious if anyone had tried it. I found it mainly looking into nerve pain from my ear surgery.

I posted it for pain that is radiating through the jaw, outer ear, neck, forehead etc. I didn't see anything posted about it before so I'm just curious if anyone had tried it. I found it mainly looking into nerve pain from my ear surgery.
Interesting. I wonder if it'd do anything though since the pain is probably originating from inflammation in the cochlea that gets referred to the jaw, trigeminal nerve, etc.

Interesting. I wonder if it'd do anything though since the pain is probably originating from inflammation in the cochlea that gets referred to the jaw, trigeminal nerve, etc.
I'm not certain. You may be right. Someone more knowledgeable hopefully will provide some input.

I'm not certain. You may be right. Someone more knowledgeable hopefully will provide some input.
Hi My Friend,
It's been too long... I hope you and the kids are safe and well (as well as Dad can be).

I wanted to share something concerning cochlear damage and pain, which I most certainly have and had super bad a few years ago.

Massage of the scalp and ears has helped me immensely and in combination with a very healthy diet... imagine knuckles circling and digging into the scalp/pressure release.
It certainly didn't help with hearing loss but did contribute to lessening pain and I believe inflammation.

The one problem with this protocol is it's fucking expensive unless you live in the developing world like I do and can get a 2 hour massage for 10 dollars.
What you could do is find someone who will work cheaper now, as everybody is broke, or teach your kids or a family member. You can guide and teach as to what you like. I think this form of therapy could help ease your pain.

I brewed garlic and ginger in a pot and drank it every day, still do sometimes as it lowers blood pressure and is good for inflammation. I find vitamins to be economically unsustainable.
Since the science isn't there to help us at this point in history we need to try every holistic doable thing we can do and see what works.

On a different note, it seems we have some common musical interests that would be fun to share in the future.

Let me know if you can finagle a massage in your parts...

Peace,
Daniel

P.S. Hey @weab00, you may find my experience interesting in terms of cochlear pain and massage.

Regardless, take care... Peace.

Could a neurologist prescribe anything for this radiating nerve pain? That's the route I'm going, got an appointment in January, feels like my whole nervous system is fried.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now