Dizziness, Headaches and Eye Pain

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by nmackintosh, Sep 3, 2024.

1. nmackintosh

nmackintosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hey everyone,

I've had tinnitus for about eight years due to an acoustic trauma. Along with that, I've experienced intermittent dizziness, headaches, and eye pain.

For the past year or so, these symptoms have become a daily occurrence and don't seem to be improving. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Has anything helped to improve it?

I've undergone hearing tests, caloric testing, and VNG testing, and as far as I know, everything has come back normal.

Thanks.

2. AverageJoe12

AverageJoe12 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Night club in Feb ‘23, MRI in Feb '24, drummer since age 15
      This sounds like vestibular/ocular migraine. I have had the same issue since an acoustic trauma in February 2023, as well as floaters and light sensitivity in my vision. Nortriptyline and Gabapentin are helping, as well as magnesium, riboflavin, CoQ10, and vitamin D.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nmackintosh

nmackintosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks. I have tried Nortriptyline with a bit of success but I will try a few other things. The straight up eye pain is the weirdest symptom.

4. LukeYoung
      Cold

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Do you have any neck pain or issues? I struggled with the same thing, and it turned out my traps were weak. I started going to the gym to work on it.

When I feel it coming on, I usually take some anti-inflammatory medication.

Do you work on computers or anything similar in your job?