• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

DJ at Young Age, and Now Got Tinnitus from Loud Music at a Party

Sorry to heat you struggle @Thomas_83.

Electrical noise in your head is as much tinnitus as anything else imo... but the electric and humming head tinnitus might be related to anxiety issues - as you mentioned.

My personal experience with this, and I've had it for a long time, is that when I manage to calm down, let go and get proper sleep, the centralized tinnitus minimizes. The bad days get far in between, and you can appreciate life again.

You seem to be in a vicious circle right now. And that can be really hard to sort out/find your way out of on your own.

Have you considered getting some help from a therapist/counsellor that know more about the mechanisms of tinnitus?

If (?) you have sleep issues, you should also get that sorted.

Hang in there man. There is certainly hope, and you will get better. Chances of tinnitus to resolve/disappear completely however, when having it around for a longer time, or second/third time trauma, and it becoming a chronic issue, are close to none.

BUT the good news is, that doesn't mean you can't live a happy, normal life with time. Habituation takes times, and tinnitus will become less noticeable when the brain has rewired and adjusted - once you will be capable of allowing that to happen.

Acceptance and getting out this constant fight and flight response is key. That is the first step imo.

It is a slow process, and it takes time... time is a healer. You will get there - but it is always easier with some help that can follow you up in person. So it is good you at least get some assistance from a psychologist at this point.

Especially when you seem to have reached a point where you are having seriously destructive thought patterns.

@MindOverMatter, got picked up by an ambulance last night, therefore my late reply.

Had a big panic attack and could not breathe.

I'm now back home, and the hiss is almost gone today. This is very strange. I can now breathe and relax again with no medicine other than the SSRI I've been taking for 6 years.

BUT, while spending time home today, I found Terry's video (Back to Silence) in the Success Stories section. Wow, what an inspiration that man is. I need to relax, so I will follow these steps Terry talks about.

You are getting very good advice from the members here.

I will add my opinion:

Your ears need TIME to heal from a trauma. 2 months is not nearly long enough, it might take 6-18 months for your tinnitus to fade.

This is from my experience of 2 times noise traumas that caused my tinnitus. The first one was 18 years ago and my tinnitus was screaming loud, but faded away 100% in about 2 years. My second time was 5 years ago and faded 95% in 2-3 years.

Give it time and protect them from noise from now on.
Hey, out of interest, was it the same frequency and ear that came back 13 years later? Or another whole thing?

@MindOverMatter, got picked up by an ambulance last night, therefore my late reply.

Had a big panic attack and could not breathe.

I'm now back home, and the hiss is almost gone today. This is very strange. I can now breathe and relax again with no medicine other than the SSRI I've been taking for 6 years.

BUT, while spending time home today, I found Terry's video (Back to Silence) in the Success Stories section. Wow, what an inspiration that man is. I need to relax, so I will follow these steps Terry talks about.
Hey Dude, I really need you to pay attention here.

As you mentioned, you do not have BAD tinnitus comparatively. You have very minor tinnitus, it's actually amazing. What you are experiencing is very similar to what I had, I was completely stressed like you for months, paying a lot of attention to it and freaking out. One day it would be a tone, one day hissing.

After long enough I was able to learn what I was experiencing was anxiety in terms of my reaction to tinnitus. Which you already know. We get so scared about living with this and we read this forum and see how much some people are suffering. But you absolutely need to take care of the anxiety, for yourself, your family etc.

I absolutely promise you can have a completely normal life with this minor tinnitus, even 4/10, it's all a matter of perspective. I am currently where I want you to be. You also should be aware that so many people recover and also even when they don't and the tinnitus continues they still live an absolutely fulfilling life. It worries me that you're 4 months in and still panicking at this level, we need to address this as soon as possible.

What do you actually fear? Have you tried any medication for anxiety? Clearly you haven't had enough of a moment to recover mentally from the shock and fear you experienced when this started. You got this man.

It's now been 10 days since my huge anxiety attack. Something had to be done, so I used Terry's Back to Silence method.

And the anxiety is almost completely gone.

The tinnitus is also very low. Just a little annoying ringing, but I do not describe the tinnitus anymore.

I went on a little trip with my wife this weekend and went to a restaurant.

Slept in the hotel without a single masking sound and woke up to 0.5% tinnitus.

So Terry's method works! Now I believe the horror period is over for me.

Hello again. A year has passed since my onset, and I thought I should update my post.

I still have it, yes, but there have been weeks, even some months I can't hear it. It think it's because of habituation.

I was in a very dark place before and even got a rope ready to hang myself.

Now I'm riding a dirtbike in the forests, playing with my kids, got better at my work, and even got two new job offers (but it will stress me, so no).

So if you have panic attacks and your tinnitus just started, hang in there. It's not the end of your life. It's just a period of your life that is hard and it will get better.

Hello again. A year has passed since my onset, and I thought I should update my post.

I still have it, yes, but there have been weeks, even some months I can't hear it. It think it's because of habituation.

I was in a very dark place before and even got a rope ready to hang myself.

Now I'm riding a dirtbike in the forests, playing with my kids, got better at my work, and even got two new job offers (but it will stress me, so no).

So if you have panic attacks and your tinnitus just started, hang in there. It's not the end of your life. It's just a period of your life that is hard and it will get better.
Thank you! This keeps me going, gonna (have to) give it a year or two.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now