• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Documenting My Journey With Noxacusis (Pain Hyperacusis)

The only thing "scary" here is your unhealthy obsession with crowbarring @Michael Leigh's name into every comment you make. Let it go.
Sorry Capt'n, but I just can't swallow whatever delusional Kool-Aid you have imbibed regarding @Michael Leigh.

My earnest apologies, but I just can't demolish my concept of the rational make myself into a Jim-Jones like cult follower, which (I can demonstrate) is what is required to be even minimally supportive of @Michael Leigh.

Even @Markku (who is, I believe, one of the Founders and Managers of Tinnitus Talk) was finally compelled to define @Michael Leigh's commentary as "horseshit."

If you and @Michael Leigh are so offended by such a bluntly reasoned analysis of the real intellectual caliber of his commentary, then for God's sake, why don't you both just get off Tinnitus Talk?

If you and @Michael Leigh are so offended by such a bluntly reasoned analysis of the real intellectual caliber of his commentary, then for God's sake, why don't you both just get off Tinnitus Talk?
If anyone needs a break from the forum, it's yourself. You sound like you're going to explode typing about @Michael Leigh.

All I simply said about him was I thought his posts came from a genuine place. Like most advice on here, you simply take it or leave it. For you to assume I or anyone take it literally and apply it as some type of universal tinnitus law is insane. It's simply someone's perspective on living with tinnitus.

I really don't know what this man has done to hurt you so much but you can simply just "ignore" him if he's that offensive to you?

If anyone needs a break from the forum, it's yourself. You sound like you're going to explode typing about @Michael Leigh.

All I simply said about him was I thought his posts came from a genuine place. Like most advice on here, you simply take it or leave it. For you to assume I or anyone take it literally and apply it as some type of universal tinnitus law is insane. It's simply someone's perspective on living with tinnitus.

I really don't know what this man has done to hurt you so much but you can simply just "ignore" him if he's that offensive to you?
The dude won't let go of his bone. Ain't gunna do it, nope nope.

All I simply said about him was I thought his posts came from a genuine place
Thank you for your kind comments @Stayinghopeful because my advice does come from a genuine place. You are quite right, a person can take it or leave it. My advice is based on my experience living with noise-induced tinnitus for many years and having counselled and corresponded with people affected with this condition. The feedback I have received suggests to me that some people find my advice helpful and I will continue posting.

The person you are corresponding with I placed on ignore over a year ago, so I am able carry on in peace with what I am doing. Whilst I appreciate your support, if possible, please give this person a wide berth because he hasn't the ability to help anyone with tinnitus and therefore, he chooses to argue. Please take a moment to look at the bigger picture, then I'm sure you will realize the real reason why he behaves in this way.
The dude won't let go of his bone. Ain't gunna do it, nope nope.
I agree with you @Jammer, and would like to express my thanks for your comments. I hope you are feeling a little better.

Michael

My humblest apologies for even daring to question @Michael Leigh's advice, especially in regard to his earlier recommendation that we all take Magnesium citrate.

I mentioned this to my wife, who (since she was a Surgical Tech for 34 years) alerted me that it was used to completely void a patient's bowels in preparation for surgery (which was corroborated when I Googled this).

Again, I will henceforth refrain from casting the slightest degree of doubt on even the most minute particulars of his commentary, even when taking such advice would result in you uncontrollably shitting yourself empty no matter where you happened to be (in a car, school, work, the store, etc).

@DaveFromChicago:

E3DE0931-BD71-4B14-B2B2-099E329BA4B0.jpeg

My humblest apologies for even daring to question @Michael Leigh's advice, especially in regard to his earlier recommendation that we all take Magnesium citrate.

I mentioned this to my wife, who (since she was a Surgical Tech for 34 years) alerted me that it was used to completely void a patient's bowels in preparation for surgery (which was corroborated when I Googled this).

Again, I will henceforth refrain from casting the slightest degree of doubt on even the most minute particulars of his commentary, even when taking such advice would result in you uncontrollably shitting yourself empty no matter where you happened to be (in a car, school, work, the store, etc).
Ok, sure.

I'm sure that those on this forum that take a daily Magnesium supplement dosage (320 mg to 410 mg) know the difference between a supplemental dosage and a constipation dosage. And if they don't, I'm sure experience will teach the difference.

There's been ups and downs. Overall the baseline seems to have dropped a little even if louder than my usual. Still a few of the new noises sticking around. Only time will tell!
You are still in the very early stages of the increase on your tinnitus @Hardwell. Things will get better over the next 6 to 18 months. Try to take up a new interest or hobby to help take away your focus from the tinnitus.

Michael

Good to hear and quite a dramatic improvement since your first posting on this thread in January.

What further improvements do you expect/hope to see?
Still working on my fasting. It's been a journey. I haven't made the type of progress that I set out to. But I still believe that fasting, dry fasting in particular, is the most effective way to detox the body. Experienced dry fasters say that people need to fast for 9-12 days to really see improvements in whatever it is they're trying to heal.

Hoping to do a 9-12 day within the coming weeks to see if it helps my hyperacusis and tinnitus. It'll for sure help my asthma and random chronic nerve pain though that is probably autoimmune related.
Just to obtain an answer (I would never have had any reason otherwise), I went on "Helpline" and found this:

"There's no scientific evidence to support claims that drinking urine is beneficial. On the contrary, research suggests that drinking urine can introduce bacteria, toxins, and other harmful substances into your bloodstream. It can even place undue stress on your kidneys."​
There is a large community of dry fasters and urine therapy advocates. Books written on it. Testimonials. One reason why I've been attracted to it is because it's free lol and therefore free of any kind of profit motive.

They're both ultimately a skill though. Not some kind of magic bullet.
I have never seen more baseless bullsh*t pseudoscience quackery in one post before.
Dry fasting is very effective bro, even in just detaching yourself from overconsumption, which has been a huge problem for me throughout my life, which ultimately led to debilitating hyperacusis and tinnitus.

I haven't been able to heal much from dry fasting for even 6 days (my longest). But I haven't been as meticulous and consistent with it as needed.

Depression associated hyperacusis is a bitch!

Just wanted to give a quick update! I've been struggling a bit these past 6 weeks with consistency and discipline. Since my hyperacusis isn't 100 percent debilitating, I'm still able to drive around and what not (with earmuffs on). However, too much sound exposure may be preventing healing.

Here are some pics:

1) My dog could not even handle wearing earmuffs for 10 seconds! LOL!

IMG_1118.JPG

2) Carnivore is the only diet that keeps me consistent with my eating habits. Although I'm wondering if I should limit the dairy (some people have trouble with dairy).

upload_2023-5-5_16-24-14.jpeg

3) Wearing earmuffs while lying down sucks!!!

upload_2023-5-5_16-25-1.jpeg

4) Driving around with earmuffs on -- probably not the best idea when you're sensitive to sound! Especially when your dog barks at random skateboarders. If I had the patience to just sit in my room 24/7 for a few months, I'd probably have a better chance at healing. Getting there!!!

driving.JPG

Hey all...

Just wanted to update.

This will be my last post for a while I think.

My hyperacusis and tinnitus are still the same since they got severe in October of 2022. Sadly, dry fasting has not worked out that well LMAO!

I was able to go 200 hours recently (eight days). It's actually an amazing experience. Damn near psychedelic. Definitely spiritual. I plan to continue fasting into the future, hopefully one day getting up to 350 hours (2 weeks). Experienced dry fasters say that if you see no relief at the 12-14 day mark, it probably won't work for you.

I was banking on anecdotal evidence that dry fasting would cure hyperacusis. There are a few accounts of people healing ear problems with it. But it's just a straight up grind. Time goes by so fucking slow. Especially when you can't even move freely throughout nature and life with severe hyperacusis. If I could get into nature more and be around friends, it'd be much easier. But severe noxacusis is no joke. Sitting in a room all day with no food or water for 2 weeks? I almost pulled it off actually LMAO.

Anyway -- I wish everyone the best! This is a tough fucking road. I'm about to get a job working from home doing data entry I think. The quietest possible job. Then just ride this thing out until I see some improvement, assuming I don't lose my mind along the way (or worsen).

It's tough not seeing any improvement over the last 10 months. Really discouraging. But I haven't been that consistent with noise exposure and a slow, steady onslaught of daily healing. Too up and down. Hopefully I'll get there one day!

Good luck everyone!

upload_2023-6-25_17-10-39.jpeg

Obituary: Justin Andreas

Amazingly talented man gone too soon. He was an actor, a comedian, an amazing guitarist, amazing person, a friend and brother to all. It was a heart attack, but they cite tinnitus and hyperacusis in his obituary as a cause to being on benzodiazepines.

Please be careful taking medications for these conditions. They can make things catastrophic.

We miss our friend.

Utterly heart breaking. He looked such a kind soul and his precious dogs as well. RIP Justin, I hope you find peace and happiness now that you're released from your pain.

I didn't realise benzodiazepines could cause a cardiac arrest.

Odd how there are two different versions of his death being reported from two different sources?
LA County Medical Examiner coroner's report states Fentanyl overdose.

It's the cause.

Odd how there are two different versions of his death being reported from two different sources?
Not really. The family may not have wanted to highlight the fact that he died while using an illicit drug as Fentanyl is used for pain in end stage cancer. I can't imagine he was prescribed that for noxacusis. Benzos typically do not lead to cardiac arrest. An OD would depress your breathing. If mixed with other CNS depressants, the combo could kill you.

I think it was a leap for anyone to suggest he died from benzos.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now