• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Does Reactive Tinnitus Stop Reacting?

Everytime I've had reactive tinnitus it has eventually always gone away. And when I had had it a couple of times I started to notice a pattern; I always had/got reactive tinnitus when I was feeling down, depressed, anxious or stressed. Once I settled down, got a couple of good night's sleep etc, it always went away. Sometimes my reactive tinnitus could be so bad that it reacted to ALL sounds, I needed to be in a 100% quiet room so that it couldn't react to anything.

@Michael Leigh, what do you do when your tinnitus keeps reacting to the low-level sound enrichment? When you play it in the corner of your room or anywhere in the room, your tinnitus still reacts to sound. I'm playing on a decent Marshall Kilburn speaker and any sound I play from it, pink noise, white noise, it reacts and it's like the tinnitus bubbles up higher with the music.

@Michael Leigh, what do you do when your tinnitus keeps reacting to the low-level sound enrichment? When you play it in the corner of your room or anywhere in the room, your tinnitus still reacts to sound. I'm playing on a decent Marshall Kilburn speaker and any sound I play from it, pink noise, white noise, it reacts and it's like the tinnitus bubbles up higher with the music.
Does it react to the silent room, without sound enrichment? A silent room still gives ambient sound enrichment.

I am not familiar with the Marshall Kilburn speaker @Travis Henry. From what you describe I suspect you are using the wrong type of sound enrichment and possibly the wrong sound source too.

Try using a sound machine made by Sound Oasis. They make many models that come fitted with nature sounds which are preferred for sound enrichment - some people use white or pink noise, but since you have some reaction, try nature sounds and keep the volume low. Although your Marshall Kilburn speaker might be good quality, it may not be the ideal piece of equipment for treating your oversensitivity to sound.

The way to use sound enrichment, is to have it playing in the background so you are completely unware of its presence. It should only be noticeable if you deliberately focus on the sound. Please click on the link below and read my post: sound machines and tinnitus.

If the tinnitus is reacting, it is usually a sign that the volume of the sound enrichment is set too high.

All the best,
Michael

Sound Machines and Tinnitus | Tinnitus Talk Support Forum

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now