• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Don't Know What to Do, Pain Getting Worse

Henry 417

Author
Sep 6, 2014
Plano, Tx
Tinnitus Since
Hello, I joined this forum around two years ago and haven't posted in over a year and a half. Since then things have gotten significantly worse. I am no stranger to tinnitus that started 6 years ago or the hyperacusis it turned into about 2 and a half years ago. Generally I have always had a pretty upbeat attitude about it. I have just learned to accept it and for the most part have continued to live my life. I am in only slight pain some days but at least half of the time over the last year I have been in considerable pain. In the last month after going to a festival with my friends with loud music for 3 hours it has gotten much worse. I did not know about what we were doing or the music until we got there or I wouldn't have gone. Basically I just want the pain to stop. Managing these symptoms while trying to go places and do things just isn't working. I don't want to isolate myself but my pain tolerance only goes so far. I cant ignore the pain anymore. I am tempted to try to go and get painkillers to help on days like today. I don't want to do that but I see little choice. I know many of you have been through this and my positive attitude about my condition has evaporated. What do I do?

I would get your ears checked and hearing tested if not done recently as you should not get lots of pain unless pressure pain .
You could try steam inhalation to clear your tubes and might ease the pressure too....lots of love glynis

after getting your ears recheck by ent and aud. You should see someone about getting anti-anxiety meds. it not only clams you down but takes pressure of the audio response center in your brain. Then I put on Binaural beats and Isochronic Tones. You could even put the beats in you iphone and take them out. Have you looked in TRT?

I would get your ears checked and hearing tested if not done recently as you should not get lots of pain unless pressure pain .
You could try steam inhalation to clear your tubes and might ease the pressure too....lots of love glynis
"You should not get lots of pain unless pressure pain" ? Where did you hear this? I know pressure can cause pain but I'm sure there are many others reasons for H and ear pain besides blocked e tubes and pressure.

Hi Telis,
I know pressure pain is quite common and also with Hyperacusis and tmj and other reasons like wax.
My doctor and consultant said if having ear pain get your ears checked if not done already like I said.
Steam inhalation and olive oil drops are just a basic MOT for your ears to see if it helps ....lots of love glynis

Hey I just came down with some hyperacusis recently. I have a few questions as I am trying to understand things better.

Since You had you tinnitus first when you came down with the hyperacusis did it make your t worse ?
Also did you develop a feeling of aural fullness ? Did the fullness ever subside ?

Hi, my t has stayed the same since the onset of my h. I don't really notice the ringing anymore. I suppose it's always there. I can hear it now but I just tune it out. There is usually a feeling of fullness which changes frequently and varies day to day. I usually don't freak out like I did in this post and have calmed down. I know you must have a lot of questions and I will do my best to help you. Just keep in mind things DO get better. A good attitude can many times save your life. I am a man of faith and regardless of who or what you believe in, make sure you believe that you WILL get through this.

Yes after the festival it got worse for a couple weeks(my h that is.) my t rarely fluctuates and if it does it doesn't last long. My t was caused I believe by listening to an iPod/Cd player too loud for around ten years. Also went movies pretty much every week and played video games for hours on end with turtle beach headphones. All in all every day depends on my exposure to noise the previous day, ( for how long , how loud.) my h seems to be cumulative, as I believe it is for most people. Weigh the cost of what you are going to do before you do it. Sometimes the pain is worth it. Other times it really isn't. Don't let h or t stop you from enjoying life.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now