• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Ear Fullness and Balance

slipware

Author
Apr 29, 2014
Tinnitus Since
Hi all again. I obviously have very noisy tinnitus (or I wouldn't be here), but that's a noise, it's not harming me, except mentally if I let it.

Does anybody have ear fullness and vaguely off balance feeling? Not dizziness or vertigo, just off balance. I wear hearing aid to try and help. It's this "feeling" which I find more uncomfortable than the tinnitus. Anybody relate to this? Is it any good getting nasal spray or something?

I find the feeling more difficult to habituate to than the noise. I don't have many problems with vertigo any longer but the ear fullness and discomfort is hard to ignore.

Never had any vertigo or light headed sensation symptoms until trying a virtual reality headset. Appears i have been getting motion sickness from it. No nausea just sensations. I have used alot of vestibular system excerices to combat this and it seems to help. Took me about a week to get back to normal but i tried the headset again on sat for a few minutes and my symptoms came right back.

I too have this balance sensation as if I have a slight sway. A Balance therapist has given me exercises to help correct the tendency to to to the left all the time. I have bad tinnitus in the right ear, and have tried using "resound" app to keep the noise down. It doesn't seem to work very much. Habituating is very hard. I find my right eye may be trying to find a focus and this may cause the slight dizziness. I don't know what else will work. Nausea also seems to be occuring frequently the last 2 - 3 weeks. Taking Buccastem for that.

I have balance issues that are an absolute nightmare. My vision bobs up and down when i walk, and when I'm still the image wobbles a little. I'm going for balance tests shortly :/

I'm aware this is down to damage to the vestibular system inside your ear so it's totally related. You can try exercises, vestibular rehabilitation therapy etc for these. I haven't tried anything yet...Skeptical of its effectiveness to be honest.

I had/have fullness in my ear, made a thread about it, now my jaw hurts, it's weird; but yeah, it seems to be not uncommon. The off-balance would tell me there's something going on in your ear, like trapped fluid, ET issues etc. I hope you get to the bottom of it asap, God bless!

I had/have fullness in my ear, made a thread about it, now my jaw hurts, it's weird; but yeah, it seems to be not uncommon. The off-balance would tell me there's something going on in your ear, like trapped fluid, ET issues etc. I hope you get to the bottom of it asap, God bless!
any update anyone? suffering also.

Thankfully all the fullness and Tinnitus has gone now, it takes time but things do get better :)
That's great to hear :) so happy for you! Gives me hope hehe; I wanted to ask if when you plugged in your ears you felt as though you couldn't hear your own voice as much? I'm currently going through that right now along with the fullness; was told it was normal but wanted your opinion!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now