Ear Fullness but No Infection?

monkey legs

Author
Jan 3, 2018
Tinnitus Since
1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
Cause of Tinnitus
Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
According to my ENT my ears are fine, no infection etc.

But I have this ear fullness in my left ear. Could the Tinnitus itself be causing this?

I don't think I have ETD as my ENT probably would have mentioned it in conjunction with an ear infection.

Any answers folks.

Cheers.

I have almost permanent full right ear, and my eustation tubes are working. They couldn't give me an explanation for it. No wax, no infection. The tinnitus itself appears to cause mine.

I have almost permanent full right ear, and my eustation tubes are working. They couldn't give me an explanation for it. No wax, no infection. The tinnitus itself appears to cause mine.

Thank you.

According to my ENT my ears are fine, no infection etc.

But I have this ear fullness in my left ear. Could the Tinnitus itself be causing this?

I don't think I have ETD as my ENT probably would have mentioned it in conjunction with an ear infection.

Any answers folks.

Cheers.
Could be a number of middle ear things. Just because your ENT didn't mention ETD doesn't mean he or she checked properly. They usually don't care and just look for ear drum inflammation. Could also be to do with your tensor tympani muscle, or inflammation inside but it's pure speculation.

Could be a number of middle ear things. Just because your ENT didn't mention ETD doesn't mean he or she checked properly. They usually don't care and just look for ear drum inflammation. Could also be to do with your tensor tympani muscle, or inflammation inside but it's pure speculation.

I suppose if I can make my ears pop it means the tubes are not blocked?

Cheers.

I suppose if I can make my ears pop it means the tubes are not blocked?

Cheers.
Well they can cycle between blocked and unblocked if you have sinus or inflammation issues. Be ultra gentle with the valsalva manoeuvre.

Exactly this. My right ear started feeling like that...the only ear that rings..so I was positive I had an infection but no. I also agree with gman. After looking in my ear for 2 seconds he made the determination. But I'll tell you why it makes no sense. Because my left ear started to feel that way but my left ear doesn't ring at all!!! So if it IS the t causing the fullness according to the docs...then why is my left ear that feels like theres a piece of cotton stuck in it...NOT RINGING??

This is a constant issue for me :( my ears always feel full, often become insanely itchy and hurt frequently. They also pop a lot. Two Dr's have told me my ears look perfectly healthy and everything is fine.

I'm 4 weeks in and the ear fullness comes and goes daily. I stopped doing the Valsalva thing because I didn't want to damage my ears by doing it daily.

I had two ENT's look at my ears and tell me they look great. One ENT recommended a nasal spray to clear them out but I stopped using it after a few days. It just seemed silly.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and since the beeping of the registers my ears have gotten full and sore. I'm wearing earplugs at the grocery store for a while. No more mistakes.

I wonder if whatever causes the fullness is part of the cause of T? Perhaps when the fullness goes for good the T can start to decrease volume. It's just wishful thinking I know.

The fullness and soreness can be just as annoying as the noise of T and sometimes even more annoying.

Well they can cycle between blocked and unblocked if you have sinus or inflammation issues. Be ultra gentle with the valsalva manoeuvre.
I wonder if valsalva can actually damage inner ear? I sometimes do that or use EarPopper if my ears don't crack when I swallow. Bottom line I'm trying to do something to help with my noise and maybe causing more damage?

Ear fullness can be caused by a vascular issue as well.
This is what I believe. I don't know much about the causes of tinnitus but I can't help but believe it has much to do with blood flow to the ear. Either a sudden rush of blood or lack thereof.

I say this with conviction. I noticed my meds are contributing to my t and my meds are taken sublingual. Directly into the blood stream. I also noticed when I'm laying down or relaxing in a compromising position...my t spikes. I'm very confident in my suspicions. T is related to our vascular systems!!!

This is what I believe. I don't know much about the causes of tinnitus but I can't help but believe it has much to do with blood flow to the ear. Either a sudden rush of blood or lack thereof.

I say this with conviction. I noticed my meds are contributing to my t and my meds are taken sublingual. Directly into the blood stream. I also noticed when I'm laying down or relaxing in a compromising position...my t spikes. I'm very confident in my suspicions. T is related to our vascular systems!!!

I would say some types, but not all. I have both. Pulsatile tinnitus is attributed to a cerebrovascular issue. My constant tinnitus is from an ototoxic antibiotic.

Ear fullness is like ear pain, it is your body's way to signal to you that something is wrong. My ear fullness took many months to completely go away. Don't worry too much about it.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now