Ear Fullness, Clogged Feeling, Tinnitus Spike After a Door Squeaked Like Hell for 2-3 Seconds

Discussion in 'Support' started by chaLLas, Oct 19, 2018.

1. chaLLas
      Doubtful

chaLLas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced (multiple acoustic incidents)
      Today, I have been to the toilet at work. When I left the cabinet, I pulled the door behind me so it would close.

Problem is, the door was squeaking like hell, it was very loud for like 2-3 seconds. I did not react fast enough to cover my ears...

Since the room is pretty small and tiled all over, the squeaking echoed pretty hard.

When I was back at my place, fullness and clogged feeling appeared in my left ear ... and my tinnitus began to spike.

I have been trying to relax at home now for several hours ... but no change to the ear feelings or the spike.

My tinnitus is noise induced and accompanied by hyperacusis ... I often had spikes and new tones due to involuntary further noise exposure ... but this is the first time the ear feels so full and clogged. Could this be hearing loss?

If such a noise already does harm to me and worsens my symptoms ... then the only way to go for me is with 24/7 earplugs. I do not know how I should avoid such situations in everyday life ...

Please share your opinion ... and again the question ... is fast action required? Steroids?

This is really starting to destroy me ...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      chaLLas
      Doubtful

chaLLas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced (multiple acoustic incidents)
      How can one not develop phonophobia when everyday sounds are causing spikes, new tones and sensations? -_-