Rust

Author
Aug 2, 2015
Tinnitus Since
(2008 initially) 2015 as I know it today
Cause of Tinnitus
Initially stress, but noise exposure made it worse
Hi all

I haven't posted in here in a while, as I've been trying to get along with things – quite successfully actually.

However, four days ago I went camping and slept on a hard service with those malleable silicone earplugs in my ears, and woke up in the morning with very painful eardrums, dulled hearing in my ears and a big tinnitus increase.

As I slept on both sides, my ears had been pressing against the ground beneath my pillow, and was consequently squashing the earplug in my ear a bit whilst sleeping.

I believe that this may have caused some sort or negative pressure.

Within several hours the pain and dulled hearing disappeared completely, however the tinnitus spike has remained.

I would like to know if any of you have any experience with this or any opinions on it? I really hope this is just a spike and my tinnitus goes down again, as it is really quite bad at the moment.

Thank you all,
R

Anyone with any experience or opinions of this?

I experienced this twice when I slept with earplugs in (although they were foam). I had pain, some drainage and a huge spike. It went away completely a week afterwards. Hope this helps!
I did get my ears checked though in case there was any physical damage because I was worried about the drainage. My eardrums were apparently retracted (sign of ETD) but I think that might have been unrelated. Either way it resolved itself...

Hi all

I haven't posted in here in a while, as I've been trying to get along with things – quite successfully actually.

However, four days ago I went camping and slept on a hard service with those malleable silicone earplugs in my ears, and woke up in the morning with very painful eardrums, dulled hearing in my ears and a big tinnitus increase.

As I slept on both sides, my ears had been pressing against the ground beneath my pillow, and was consequently squashing the earplug in my ear a bit whilst sleeping.

I believe that this may have caused some sort or negative pressure.

Within several hours the pain and dulled hearing disappeared completely, however the tinnitus spike has remained.

I would like to know if any of you have any experience with this or any opinions on it? I really hope this is just a spike and my tinnitus goes down again, as it is really quite bad at the moment.

Thank you all,
R

I wear Mack's silicone earplugs every night for sleeping. I've been using them for about 15 years. They never made my T worse or created a spike.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now