Ear Rings Like After Hearing a Gunshot — Anyone Else?

MRItechssuck

Author
Oct 19, 2019
USA
Tinnitus Since
Severe 10/17/2019
Cause of Tinnitus
Loud noise, MRI
I've been pressing on and not been here on in a while... I have to ask if anyone experiences this.

I still have my severe tinnitus from the MRI, and hyperacusis and throbbing ear pain... but the odd thing is my right ear will get ringing (not the loud hiss I have 24/7) like after a gunshot, or if someone were to slap your ear. What the movies portray sometimes after an explosion on screen...

If I pull an ear plug out of the right ear too quickly and get a little suction... "brrrriiiinnnggg" which subsides after a minute or so (covered by my tinnitus again).

Two other examples... silly me, stepped out into the garage without earplugs and was spring cleaning. I had a standard size brick on the floor, on end, that simply tipped over horizontal onto the garage floor... it fell over like 3 inches... garage door open (space not enclosed)... "brrrriiiinnnggg"...

And just now, a 3" tall glass perfume bottle got tipped over on the countertop in the bathroom... "brrrriiiinnnggg"... it is just odd that my ear reacts to this.

Of course, pre-MRI this reaction would need a gunshot or firecracker to happen... now any little thing sets it off. Is this from the inner ear hair cells, or the small ear bones?

Any idea? Or has anyone else had this reaction?

Thanks... I hope everyone has been coping or recovering.

I've been pressing on and not been here on in a while... I have to ask if anyone experiences this.

I still have my severe tinnitus from the MRI, and hyperacusis and throbbing ear pain... but the odd thing is my right ear will get ringing (not the loud hiss I have 24/7) like after a gunshot, or if someone were to slap your ear. What the movies portray sometimes after an explosion on screen...

If I pull an ear plug out of the right ear too quickly and get a little suction... "brrrriiiinnnggg" which subsides after a minute or so (covered by my tinnitus again).

Two other examples... silly me, stepped out into the garage without earplugs and was spring cleaning. I had a standard size brick on the floor, on end, that simply tipped over horizontal onto the garage floor... it fell over like 3 inches... garage door open (space not enclosed)... "brrrriiiinnnggg"...

And just now, a 3" tall glass perfume bottle got tipped over on the countertop in the bathroom... "brrrriiiinnnggg"... it is just odd that my ear reacts to this.

Of course, pre-MRI this reaction would need a gunshot or firecracker to happen... now any little thing sets it off. Is this from the inner ear hair cells, or the small ear bones?

Any idea? Or has anyone else had this reaction?

Thanks... I hope everyone has been coping or recovering.
Sorry this is happening to you. Your post caught my eye because I have a couple of doctors who want me to get an MRI, for a matter not necessarily related to the tinnitus.

Since you had a bad result from yours, I was wondering, did they not offer you hearing protection when you had yours done?

Your post caught my eye because I have a couple of doctors who want me to get an MRI, for a matter not necessarily related to the tinnitus.

Since you had a bad result from yours, I was wondering, did they not offer you hearing protection when you had yours done?
My technician committed malpractice... no call button, no hearing protection.

That's fucked up they didn't offer you earplugs or plastic muffs. I would have downright refused if I didn't have it. I used both during my MRI and didn't notice any change afterwards.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now