Encouragement Needed Today

Define "everything".

It is a minor inconvenience. I had already habituated to having to do this (as in - these new constraints no longer bother me).
The definition of everything is individual and based on life before tinnitus. For me avoiding everything was not volunteering at my children's school, not going to sporting events, missing church, not going to restaurants, not taking family vacations, missing small parties, not shopping, avoiding amusement parks, etc.

Prior to tinnitus you already avoided restaurants, movie theaters, weddings, and much of the human contact and interaction that others here enjoy. Probably most of what I listed is something you would have avoided or not done prior to tinnitus.

You already lived a life avoiding much of what others find socially enjoyable. I can definitely see how avoiding more would not be an inconvenience to you.

To use an analogy, I avoid coffee and tea. Once a week I have a cup of tea. Meanwhile, one of my friends has a couple cups of coffee or tea every day. Obviously cutting out that weekly cup of tea would be easy for me, but my friend would struggle if she had to completely change.

I have fullness in the ears for years.

It feels like I'm trapped inside my head and cant feel my surroundings.

There are moments I'm better and others I'm worse.

It is a curse... Are you saying it could be, or it is being aggravated from using earphones?!

I never go to concerts, bars or cinema... not because of this, I just don't.

If you're alive, you can try to avoid death by locking yourself in a room. Still, you could be hit by a meteor, but I recon they wouldn't be loosing much at this point anyway.

Or, in the words of Seneca: "All men, brother Gallio, wish to live happily, but are dull at perceiving exactly what it is that makes life happy"

I feel for the people who got to a point where they feel paralysis is better than living. Look at the medical advice that works with Tinnitus patients, look at what other people with intrusive Tinnitus and Hyperacusis did, and you'll find a way.

Best,
Zug

If you're alive, you can try to avoid death by locking yourself in a room. Still, you could be hit by a meteor, but I recon they wouldn't be loosing much at this point anyway.
There is a difference in dying of old age, and dying young as a result of something stupid and preventable. Your analysis above seems to not be picking up this difference.
they feel paralysis is better than living
I like my life.
look at what other people with intrusive Tinnitus and Hyperacusis did, and you'll find a way.
They might consider looking at what I have been doing.

She said she had been to an event before with ear plugs but her tinnitus got worse. Unfortunately some people seem more prone than others to spikes. I don't know if she suffers from hyperacusis or if she had a temporary or permanent spike.
No hyperacusis. It was a permamnent spike, almost 3 years now. sigh

What seems worse or at least as bad as in incessant noise in my head, is aural fullness
How long have you have this?? Is it like pressure in your head??

Do you have a therapist? Tried CBT?
Yes, I've been doing CBT for a year...but I was not doing CBT at the time of the permanent spike.

What type of earplugs have you tried? Have you looked into custom plugs?
Just the foam ones. Thinking about the custom plugs now.

I don't go anywhere that's loud at all.

Hm, how come I don't get a red alert that someone posted on my thread?? I didn't know you guys where having this long typed conversation.

Hm, how come I don't get a red alert that someone posted on my thread?? I didn't know you guys where having this long typed conversation.
Normally you get an alert when someone quotes one of your posts, or when one mentions your username. I quoted your post, so you should have received an alert about that.

Normally you get an alert when someone quotes one of your posts, or when one mentions your username. I quoted your post, so you should have received an alert about that.

Oh ok, I thought it was every time someone posted on my thread as well. Thanx Bill.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now