• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Flare Audio Calmer — Does It Help Tinnitus?

I use them on occasion. For me, they slightly helped lower somatic flare-up pitch and sound sensitivity. I think I can see why medically how this may help some to various degrees.

@Jazzer

Scientific evidence or not - is a forum a place for the democratic voice? Is it OK to have another opinion than others? And last, but not least, tinnitus & hyperacusis varies extremely from person to person (both in loudness, frequency, how you subjectively relate to it and so on) - and is a result of so many different reasons.

You are of course in your full right to declare Flare Calmer a scam, and you have made your point clearly. But nevertheless, it might work for some sort of tinnitus or sound sensitivity, for some people. If anything, even placebo - which sometimes should not be underestimated - as tinnitus and hyperacusis quite often (for some people) is fueled by mental agonish and feelings.

Any opinion in these matters is OK, but IMO it's not OK if part of the agenda is to make almost a fool out of people that believe in something else than yourself.

Knowing how this forum can be quite vociferous about tinnitus treatment scams, I am actually staggered by the lack of objection to Flare Audio Calmers.

There is no science behind them and no possibility that they can reduce Tinnitus noise at all.

Just read the 'customer' reviews, and pay attention to the emotive language employed,
- made a grown man cry,
- a few tears of happiness,
- reduced my tinnitus by half
etc....

All of the outcomes we would dearly love to see.

Cunningly, this wretched company makes no claims to reduce tinnitus itself.
(We were both surprised and delighted to hear... etc)
Such an obvious scam.

I have to ask - "has this forum actually fallen asleep on this one?
Why no righteous indignation ??
Dave x
Jazzer
But why do you only focus on tinnitus Dave? We are several people with hyperacusis, who have shown interest in these, because of the possibility they might take the edge of some painful sounds. A couple of people on here have even comfirmed that they helped slightly with that, so why the severe objection?

I don't even care about my tinnitus anymore (so long as it doesn't get any worse). I just want something to help this awful pain hyperacusis :(

Why no righteous indignation ??
I think for all of the reasons already given -- modest claims, offering money back if it doesn't work, not directly marketed at tinnitus sufferers at first and therefore far more likely to be an organic realisation than a deliberate scam. It also seems that some people here have found it helps somewhat.

I understand the need to call out obvious scams (anything directly and deliberately marketed at tinnitus sufferers with no scientific basis and a strong suggestion, if not guarantee, that it will work), but this one doesn't fit that.

Also, tinnitus has many different causes, and therefore it makes sense to me that not everything will work for everyone. We tend to dismiss anything on this forum that doesn't have a universal success rate, or even a high one, but because of the complexity of tinnitus, we will never know whether something will work for one particular person.

Also, tinnitus has many different causes, and therefore it makes sense to me that not everything will work for everyone. We tend to dismiss anything on this forum that doesn't have a universal success rate, or even a high one, but because of the complexity of tinnitus, we will never know whether something will work for one particular person.
This actually does bother me a bit - not (just) from our own community but in general. We have nothing that helps tinnitus. Why are things that people reported gave them inprovement always dismissed even by researchers? We need anything we can get, and if it helps just one person I think it's worth it.

I do agree that this isn't a deliberate scam, although the way they now advertise their product is a bit low. Still, you can get your money back, and they don't claim to be an actual cure, so I wouldn't call it a scam.

May order a pair and see if it makes my unmaskable hiss easier to deal with.

Tinnitus Killers?

An insidious claim.

However I look forward to reading about anybody's tears of happiness,
not to mention their 50% noise reduction.

1930FCDA-8EB3-4A56-99B9-EAE701D7D603.jpeg

I will repeat myself that there is some valid reasoning behind Calmers, they attenuate high frequencies and distortion, so if someone has reactive tinnitus that gets aggravated throughout the day, then they have potential to prevent that and like the others said it can help with H as well. So I disagree with @Jazzer that there's no possibility that they can help with tinnitus. Although, I do agree that "made a grown man cry" testimonials is something that I would normally expect from phony products' websites and I call it bad marketing. Maybe someone could contact them asking if these are for real.
You are of course in your full right to declare Flare Calmer a scam, and you have made your point clearly. But nevertheless, it might work for some sort of tinnitus or sound sensitivity, for some people. If anything, even placebo - which sometimes should not be underestimated - as tinnitus and hyperacusis quite often (for some people) is fueled by mental agonish and feelings.
This actually does bother me a bit - not (just) from our own community but in general. We have nothing that helps tinnitus. Why are things that people reported gave them inprovement always dismissed even by researchers? We need anything we can get, and if it helps just one person I think it's worth it.
@MindOverMatter, @ASilverLight, I couldn't say it better. I am willing to try anything that have slightest potential to work and doesn't cost much, and like I said above there's some reasoning behind Calmers.

I am aware the situation creates large field for abuse and scammers, and we are all frustrated that there's no good/perfect solution/cure for tinnitus and hyperacusis, but I agree with @Tanni and @ASilverLight that IMHO Calmers don't look like some deliberate scam. It is rather an attempt to bring some imperfect product to the market having not so great marketing. Flare Audio seems to run legit business in UK providing address details, showing their employees' faces on Our Story page. If they were scammers they'd be risking much.

I do agree that "made a grown man cry" testimonials is something that I would normally expect from phony products' websites and I call it bad marketing.
Not bad marketing - insidiously clever marketing.
I'll make myself personally responsible for counting the "tearful success stories."

@Jazzer

What's your agenda? Why do you use so much energy on telling others that Flare Audio Calmer is a scam when it may help some people to a degree?

I can not find anywhere that Flare claims they cure tinnitus with these earplugs. In fact it was developed for other reasons, but it MAY give, for SOME people, a certain degree of relief for some type of tinnitus. That could also be noise sensitivity/hyperacusis, for instance sound distortion from certain frequencies that may trigger hyperacusis.

You are literally calling other people stupid for testing them out.

...and btw, you can wait long for your success stories regarding Calmer. It's NOT a cure, and as far as I can see Flare do no claim it to be a cure either.

Tinnitus Killers?

An insidious claim.

However I look forward to reading about anybody's tears of happiness,
not to mention their 50% noise reduction.

View attachment 40236

Where is the screenshot from? What's the context of the video? There is a question mark after 'Tinnitus Killers', so do they go on to say that it is or it isn't? If they're saying it 'kills' tinnitus, then yes, that's an extremely unreasonable claim.

@Jazzer

What's your agenda? Why do you use so much energy on telling others that Flare Audio Calmer is a scam when it may help some people to a degree?

I can not find anywhere that Flare claims they cure tinnitus with these earplugs. In fact it was developed for other reasons, but it MAY give, for SOME people, a certain degree of relief for some type of tinnitus. That could also be noise sensitivity/hyperacusis, for instance sound distortion from certain frequencies that may trigger hyperacusis.

You are literally calling other people stupid for testing them out.

...and btw, you can wait long for your success stories regarding Calmer. It's NOT a cure, and as far as I can see Flare do no claim it to be a cure either.
Okay MOM - I'll attempt to explain.

They suggest success (50% tinnitus noise reduction), which made a grown man cry, tears of happiness etc... by means of delighted customer reviews.
They do suggest that their product is a tinnitus killer by the way - see advert above.
But cleverly - they make no other claims for their product themselves, playing on the distress of genuine sufferers via the means of delighted customer reviews, 'with tears in their eyes.'

Personally I have never seen such a cynical sales ploy in my life, and I've seen a few.

Am I to believe that I am the only member of this forum that can see what is happening here?

Where is the screenshot from? What's the context of the video? There is a question mark after 'Tinnitus Killers', so do they go on to say that it is or it isn't? If they're saying it 'kills' tinnitus, then yes, that's an extremely unreasonable claim.
The screenshot is the cover picture of their latest promotional video on YouTube.
The question mark relates to two separate functions - Audio Enhancement and Tinnitus Killers - then 'why not both?'

This leaves the relevance of the question mark ambiguous.

Look - I am not the slightest bit interested in winning an argument - ever - it is not particularly interesting to me what you choose to believe.
My responsibility is to report the facts as I see them.
I have done that.
I am satisfied.

But why do you only focus on tinnitus Dave? We are several people with hyperacusis, who have shown interest in these, because of the possibility they might take the edge of some painful sounds. A couple of people on here have even comfirmed that they helped slightly with that, so why the severe objection?

I don't even care about my tinnitus anymore (so long as it doesn't get any worse). I just want something to help this awful pain hyperacusis :(
That's simple TDG.
I focus on the tinnitus because their bogus (?) reviews all focus on tinnitus reduction (50%) plus tears of happiness, don't forget.

Did it lower your tinnitus noise?
Not sure, but they for me do slightly lower somatic somatic flare-up and sound sensitivity. My sound sensitivity seems to be hyperacusis, not sure? Not sure about all that may be involved, but in part for me, blood pressure (flow) to ears changes. I don't think that's it just a conscious (pain) limbic response.

I think maybe it would be difficult to estimate parameters with using generalized linear model (clinical trial) imputation methods such as 'missing random' or 'GEE' methods.

The screenshot is the cover picture of their latest promotional video on YouTube.
The question mark relates to two separate functions - Audio Enhancement and Tinnitus Killers - then 'why not both?'

This leaves the relevance of the question mark ambiguous.

Look - I am not the slightest bit interested in winning an argument - ever - it is not particularly interesting to me what you choose to believe.
My responsibility is to report the facts as I see them.
I have done that.
I am satisfied.
This one below? It's not a promotional video from the company, it's an independent video from a tech reviewer. The company may well have sent the product to him to try out, or he did it off his own back, who knows. Flare have not personally made the claim that their product is a 'Tinnitus Killer'. (Neither has the reviewer incidentally -- he says in the actual video description 'Do they help with tinnitus? Not with everyone. Each person has a different experience'.

Like you say yourself, I'm not trying to change what you believe, I'm just interested in the facts.

No need for this childish tone @Jazzer (ref. 'MOM'). You clearly have a hard time accepting that other people might have a different opinion than you. Glad you are satisfied though, since you have made your point.

I haven't seen this video you have posted a screenshot of. If they claim Flare Calmer can "kill your tinnitus" I would agree that such a statement should not be used.

That aside, as said earlier, SOME people (myself included) seem to have an effect on sound sensitivity/hyperacusis as it softens harsher tones/frequencies. That is my personal experience after testing them several times now. @Greg Sacramento seems to have a somewhat similar experience.

By all means, call it a scam any day if it makes you satisfied... The thread was however originally about if they can help. Yes, to me they do. Not directly, but they soften sounds which helps my hyperacusis, and may also lessen reactivity on the tinnitus. It's IMO by no means a cure, by no means a tinnitus killer and not a miracle invention for tinnitus, but for some it may help - and for a very low cost (with the option for refund).

Tonight, I started to cry. I have severe tooth pain with two teeth in my upper left side and severe pain with two more teeth on the same lower side. A delayed reaction from implant whiplash where my jaw and neck has become diseased. I have an emergency dental appointment tomorrow afternoon where I might need to have all four teeth pulled. I once had nice teeth.

From this, my blood pressure is high causing a severe tinnitus high pitch, on top of having severe pulsatile tinnitus. The Calmers is helping me a little with somatic pitch and loudness. Tonight, I haven't focused on if they are helping with sound sensitivity.

My posting on this thread is of no refection to those that think otherwise about this product.

No need for this childish tone @Jazzer (ref. 'MOM'). You clearly have a hard time accepting that other people might have a different opinion than you.
Oh dear?

MOM was merely shorthand for MindOverMatter
- but you chose to see it as childish and therefore offensive.
Everybody has their own opinion - I expect that, so you have to accept that I am only guilty of expressing mine.

The opinions of others do not bother me.

I notice no end of replies to my posts on here but none of them directly address my real concerns about this company's sales methods.

I notice no end of replies to my posts on here but none of them directly address my real concerns about this company's sales methods.
I have no clue Dave why people appear to defend this Flare company. I support you!!!!!!

"It's cheap"

"It has a refund policy"

"It has positive testimonials"

Scammers have used these tactics from the beginning of time.

I have no clue Dave why people appear to defend this Flare company. I support you!!!!!!

"It's cheap"

"It has a refund policy"

"It has positive testimonials"

Scammers have used these tactics from the beginning of time.
Thank God For The Perceptive Powers Of My Friend AJC !!!
(And I'm not even religious!)

THIS COMPANY STINKS !!!

I suggest you make a new thread with where you can discuss Flare Audio scam in detail. And also @Jazzer, if you want to present facts you should keep to facts strictly and not link to non-official promo/review videos uploaded to YouTube.

It doesn't do anything to my tinnitus but for some reason it eases the pain which accompanies my tinnitus from time to time.

Figured out that these things are not responsible for slightly lowering somatic flare-up. Long story, but it relates to the start of increased mouth nerve treatment.

Figured out that these things are not responsible for slightly lowering somatic flare-up. Long story, but it relates to the start of increased mouth nerve treatment.
Hi Greg,

Just wanted to say I hope you are doing ok.

I am sorry that you are suffering with more dental issues.

How did you go with your urgent appointment? Did you get any good news?

Hi Greg,
Just wanted to say I hope you are doing ok.
I am sorry that you are suffering with more dental issues.
How did you go with your urgent appointment? Did you get any good news?
@DebInAustralia

Hi Deb, thanks for reaching out to me.

The things that happened to me is very rare.

Before any dental problems, I had a dental exam/x rays and cleaning and all was fine. No signs of clinching or grinding. No TMJ.

Then afterwards, One night soon afterwards, I woke up realizing that I was clenching my teeth. I had loosened a lower front tooth. My mother was very ill and I was upset.

Went to an oral who removed the loose tooth and placed growth material for a future implant.

Then several months later during a long procedure to drill into the new growth to place the implant stem, my oral placed too much pressure on my lower front jaw. This caused neck muscle spasms that straighten my C spine that caused instant somatic tinnitus and TMJ. This is according to my radiologist who I also knew from employment.

Then when my regular dentist started the procedure to place a new tooth on my placed implant stem, he broke the cap. It had to be vibrated out by another dentist. From this, several bottom teeth were loosened. I also received major nerve damage from this vibration procedure. My implant also failed.

I will need four teeth removed, but a new dentist and his team wants to treat nerve damage to teeth and jaw first. I still have a lot of pain after first treatment, it's overall 25% to 30% less about 50% of the time. Home treatment before that did not help much. I was given Norco, but I have not used it yet. It may not help anyways.

'Flare Audio' should be crucified by members of this forum for devising and advertising this vile scam!

So far our response has been negligible!

But Why??

4870BA8D-80CA-4FBE-B549-C808149A731E.jpeg

A CRAP product from a company vile enough to orchestrate a plausible set of solicited reviews.

I am appalled by them !!!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now