• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

The top reason is demographics, meaning many investors have association to sites like here and then past thoughts on to relatives and friends by word of mouth. I would say that at least 25% of volume is from this. Also many of the investment funds that are invested in FREQ are well known to invest in small volume companies where private investors have a special interest.

At the close of market today, the Ameritrade research team advised to reduce positions. I had posted to buy at 21, a month or so ago, but there may be some profit taking until we get closer to new data readouts.
So far today, a fund or advisor is no doubt pressuring down position. This can be seen as to who the market makers are and it has Europe influence. A trading program is being used and this can be seen by same orders being lowered on the 'ask'. As to how long it will continue would be a guess, but it seems that program sells may end.

I'm new to markets and trading so maybe this is par for the course. Should we expect FREQ now to hover around this price until Phase 2 results come out?
Stock dropped from $42 to $33 in a few hours. I think people are grabbing some profit indeed.

Perhaps it settles back at the previous level of $22-25. Or even lower. Or maybe around $30. Who knows?

Anyway... Not displeased, I wanted to buy some more before end of Q1.

Wow, awesome. Definitely not something a company scared about their trial outcomes would do.
Indeed. Looks like Frequency Therapeutics is making moves to position itself for launch. Too many decisions and too much additional financing for a company who doesn't have some sort of positive knowledge about what the future product will hold.

Great, great news.

Regarding support cells...

Not going to be able to cite the source but I have seen a report showing that in temporal bone specimens in those who died and had profound hearing loss, it showed intact support cells despite no hair cells. The problem — I think — is going to be the doubling and doubling (and so on) of the support cells to get enough hair cells to restore some form of hearing.

Selling is due to higher price, but insider plan selling placed more pressure for others to take profit. We had this discussion before, where I said that insider plan selling would become a big deal and everyone disagreed with me. I think that price will start to move up next week.

Regarding support cells...

Not going to be able to cite the source but I have seen a report showing that in temporal bone specimens in those who died and had profound hearing loss, it showed intact support cells despite no hair cells. The problem — I think — is going to be the doubling and doubling (and so on) of the support cells to get enough hair cells to restore some form of hearing.
Frequency Therapeutics has explained that each LGR5+ cell that is activated, asymmetrically divides to produce a copy of itself and a hair cell.

Like this: LGR+ support cell ----> new hair cell + replacement LGR+ cell.

There is no net increase.

Selling is due to higher price, but insider plan selling placed more pressure for others to take profit. We had this discussion before, where I said that insider plan selling would become a big deal and everyone disagreed with me. I think that price will start to move up next week.
It was interesting to see that after sinking to $30 it climbed back up to $32 before the market closed. Any reason why you think it will go up as soon as next week though?

I don't mean to be misleading but it's 100 percent correct. Tinnitus is generated by the brain, not the ears. The electrical signal sent by the ears through the nerve to the brain
Frequency Therapeutics has explained that each LGR5+ cell that is activated, asymmetrically divides to produce a copy of itself and a hair cell.

Isn't going from 2 to 3 a net increase of 1? Sorry I'm an idiot.

Stock dropped from $42 to $33 in a few hours. I think people are grabbing some profit indeed.

Perhaps it settles back at the previous level of $22-25. Or even lower. Or maybe around $30. Who knows?

Anyway... Not displeased, I wanted to buy some more before end of Q1.
Do you know why there was a sudden drop from $42 to $33 per share? I thought that it would have just continued to increase with +/- $1 per share price.

Is that good or bad?

I understand. But the LGR+ cells are going to have to generate a lot of hair cells to have some semblance of adequate hearing in profound hearing loss (with no increase in LGR+ population). If it's one and done, in someone with profound hearing loss, then there may not going to be enough hair cells generated by the LGR+ cells to make a difference — assuming a loss of support cells.

Although somewhere out there I remember reading that there is a (nearly) 1:1 ratio of hair cells to support cells.

Isn't going from 2 to 3 a net increase of 1? Sorry I'm an idiot.
It's mitosis.

The original cell divides into two, so there is no remaining "original cell" afterward. It is instead replaced by one of the daughter cells (the other becomes a hair cell).

I understand. But the LGR+ cells are going to have to generate a lot of hair cells to have some semblance of adequate hearing in profound hearing loss (with no increase in LGR+ population). If it's one and done, in someone with profound hearing loss, then there may not going to be enough hair cells generated by the LGR+ cells to make a difference — assuming a loss of support cells.

Although somewhere out there I remember reading that there is a (nearly) 1:1 ratio of hair cells to support cells.
Support cells aren't lost until they are replaced by flat epithelia which is a form of scarring. This doesn't start to happen until the profound range.

To produce hair cells at that point, researchers are looking at (in the future) transducing the fibroblasts in the scar into hair cells using viral vectored epigenetic modulators essentially.

Correct. There should be 1 LGR5+ support cell for each individual hair cell lining the cochlea. So each activated LGR5+ cell has to divide once to restore the missing/damaged hair cell. As long as the LGR5+ support cell is present and working, FX-322 "instructs" it to produce the proper hair cell.

It's more a challenge of getting enough drug deep enough into the cochlea.

Do you know why there was a sudden drop from $42 to $33 per share? I thought that it would have just continued to increase with +/- $1 per share price.
Biotech stock. The volume is so low on this stock, any institutional small-cap fund could sell out and cause a movement like this. Continuous all-time highs like we saw in December cause a FOMO rush by small investors, eventually leading to a bubble.

This is just my opinion.

Biotech stock. The volume is so low on this stock, any institutional small-cap fund could sell out and cause a movement like this. Continuous all-time highs like we saw in December cause a FOMO rush by small investors, eventually leading to a bubble.

This is just my opinion.
Just in your humble opinion, if someone had money to spare would now be a bad time to buy stock, or a really good time?

It was interesting to see that after sinking to $30 it climbed back up to $32 before the market closed. Any reason why you think it will go up as soon as next week though?
I found out who was doing the selling - a client financial management firm. They appear to be finished.

In every step of success, stock price will increase. We just need for @FGG to post all weekend to get price up next week. ;)

Just in your humble opinion, if someone had money to spare would now be a bad time to buy stock, or a really good time?
Do you believe in the direction Frequency Therapeutics is going with their Progenitor Cell Activation approach? Does FX-322 look commercially promising to you with what you know about it today?

If the answer is yes to both to you; now is a great time to buy and hold until at least FX-322 goes commercial.

Does anyone here actually do fundamental valuation; is success already priced into the stock? You would need a model to calculate net income and EPS by pulling basic info from a 10k, develop a growth estimate, and ultimately multiply EPS by a multiple of a comparable peer institution to arrive at a price target and fair value. Without that you don't know if the stock is already trading at a price that assumes success, or even a premium to that.

No offense but everyone here just sounds like breezy momentum traders aka gamblers.

Me think stock have big news. Stock go up. Money go up. Me like money.

Does anyone here actually do fundamental valuation; is success already priced into the stock? You would need a model to calculate net income and EPS by pulling basic info from a 10k, develop a growth estimate, and ultimately multiply EPS by a multiple of a comparable peer institution to arrive at a price target and fair value. Without that you don't know if the stock is already trading at a price that assumes success, or even a premium to that.

No offense but everyone here just sounds like breezy momentum traders aka gamblers.

Me think stock have big news. Stock go up. Money go up. Me like money.
Fundamentals? I just put tickers into stockta.com and it tells me what to buy ;).

Do they know the cause? I think Decibel Therapeutics and Rinri Therapeutics are working on a couple of projects for those who are born deaf.
How long will that take? 30 years? Sorry I'm very very frustrated.

I don't want to be forced into suicide but feel I have no choice at the moment :(

Nobody else in the family is actually born with hearing loss like I am so I don't think mine is genetic but I don't know... I think I'd have more hope and reason to be optimistic if I had normal hearing but lost some from acoustic trauma instead.

The noise-induced tinnitus people will probably be cured in a few years. I'm glad for them but kinda upset I'm not one of them.

I don't know how long until born deaf people can be free of their debilitating tinnitus.

Mine became very severe and intrusive from a virus a year ago but I was born with severe hearing loss.

There are still people that rely on hearing aids, people like me that were actually BORN profoundly hard of hearing and not because they decided to stand next to a concert speaker... Since FX-322 seems to be tackling acquired loss only, for me the ''cure'' is still a long way to go.
Yup I was afraid of that :( I'm very depressed. I want to be cured so badly but I was born with hearing loss, however my tinnitus didn't become extremely debilitating til after a cold virus a year ago.

I've only read up on FX-322 treating losing hearing later in life but nothing about those born hard of hearing or deaf...

How long will that take? 30 years? Sorry I'm very very frustrated.

I don't want to be forced into suicide but feel I have no choice at the moment :(

Nobody else in the family is actually born with hearing loss like I am so I don't think mine is genetic but I don't know... I think I'd have more hope and reason to be optimistic if I had normal hearing but lost some from acoustic trauma instead.

The noise-induced tinnitus people will probably be cured in a few years. I'm glad for them but kinda upset I'm not one of them.

I don't know how long until born deaf people can be free of their debilitating tinnitus.

Mine became very severe and intrusive from a virus a year ago but I was born with severe hearing loss.
You are pessimistic. I understand.

It's hard not to be when you are suffering but read more of the actual science behind this drug.

If your recent viral infection caused hair cell loss, this drug could help. The trials for this drug recruited for sudden hearing loss for either noise OR idiopathic. Most "idiopathic" cases are viral. Which means the drug should help.

As far as what you were born with, take the time to see a geneticist. Find out *exactly* what the issue is and then and only then will you know what treatment you will need.

It's possible you don't have genetic hearing loss at all and instead got exposed to cytomegalovirus in utero (for instance). This is still viral hair cell death, if so.

In the meantime, stressing out just adds to the problem (there are literal neurotransmitter changes that happen with "uncoping stress" that can cause immune dysregulation--I can repost a chart of this when I get my Neuroautonomic and neuroimmune profiles book back) and this can not only delay recovery but also make it less likely.

Dr. Will Sedley talked about this too on the Tinnitus Talk Podcast. He said stress at the time of the insult contributes to maladaptive neuroplasticity in tinnitus.

I know, easier said than done but it's important to at least try.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now