• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

I know this has been covered, but what does pivotal trial mean? After this, FX-322 can go to market? Do you think that the pivotal trial will be completed in 2022?
Yes, pivotal trial will be the last. It depends on how early they start, how quickly they can fill the trial up, and whether or not they keep the trial at 210 days or if the results are good enough and they can reduce it down to 90 days.

From Carl LeBel in the Q&A:

FX-322 pivotal trial is expected to be 2022.
This supports my earlier suspicions that they will slightly delay to try to add a bigger cohort for Phase 3 after the severe and age related trials so they can release with all those indications and recruit more easily for a bigger Phase 3 trial.

This would wrap up around Q3 of this year, then recruiting starts, then pivotal trial starts 2022. The only question that remains is how long this trial will be but we should know that later this year.

It means Phase 3 isn't until 2022.
giphy.gif

Can someone provide a summary of the webcast and Q&A?

I tried to catch it but it was at 5am for me and I'm not sure if they're going to upload the webcast for viewing.

I hope they have a huge backlog of eligible patients for when they start so they can fill it up and finish it ASAP and perhaps cut the study time from 210 days to 90 days.

2023 is going to be lit.
LOL.

I hope 2023 is going to be quiet.

Assuming positive results for the Phase 2a data, is anyone here planning on trying out for Phase 3?

If there's a location close, I may try to convince my dad or brother to try out. I would do it, but I don't really like the idea of having just 1 ear treated.

Can someone provide a summary of the webcast and Q&A?

I tried to catch it but it was at 5am for me and I'm not sure if they're going to upload the webcast for viewing.
They said that it will be made available on their website for viewing although not sure if it's available yet as I haven't checked!

Assuming positive results for the Phase 2a data, is anyone here planning on trying out for Phase 3?

If there's a location close, I may try to convince my dad or brother to try out. I would do it, but I don't really like the idea of having just 1 ear treated.
I wish I could but my TTTS disqualifies me. My dad however fits the bill perfectly. I think the more people that this forum can get into the trial, the better.

And the faster the trial fills up, the faster it gets completed and FX-322 becomes available.

Whatever they said on the webinar it must have been good because FREQ is already up almost 4 dollars today.

I wish I could but my TTTS disqualifies me. My dad however fits the bill perfectly. I think the more people that this forum can get into the trial, the better.

And the faster the trial fills up, the faster it gets completed and FX-322 becomes available.
I really don't think filling up the Phase 3 will be of concern; there will be significantly more awareness of the drug by year-end, and the trial will likely be international.

The big question will be the outcome assessment period. 90 days, 210 days, or longer will significantly affect the duration.

Let's hope the results at 90 days are equal to and greater than the Phase 1/2.

Yeah, I'm planning to apply for Phase 3. I'd be happy to treat one ear until the drug is actually released.

Isn't the fact alone they have stated this expectation a good sign for things to come?

I'm not sure if the actual wording was much more conservative, but planning ahead for your pivotal trial sounds promising.
I'd say so... two things of significance happened today:

- Mentioning the 2022 Pivotal Trial expectation
- Hiring a Chief Manufacturing Officer to oversee production of FX-322

Based on what I can find, it takes about a year to ramp up a drug contract manufacturing process to get it market ready. So, they've got the lead guy in, now he's got a year to get the drug ready for production. The production drug will likely be distributed for the Phase 3. US Contract MFG + Astellas begin ramping up supply to meet demand at approval time in 2023.

To my fellow-investors... Can you lose "99.8% of money" if you set a stop-limit order? An order to sell automatically when stocks drop below a certain price?

On the one hand, that seems like a logical safety measure to put on your high risk stocks. On the other hand, you still hear horror stories from people who lost everything.

Were they just too lazy to put a stop-limit order? Or does a stop-limit not work when stocks crash (because there is no one to buy?)

I would like to know for sure before it happens :)
I was thinking the same, however when I researched it, drops seen in biotech are usually so quick it you can't. So even if you set a stop-loss, it will sell at the market price that can be 60%-90% down and the stop loss goes out the window. It happened to me, thankfully I didn't invest too much but pretty much my whole investment was wiped out. I knew the risks. Investing in biotech can be lucrative... and dangerous.

ONLY INVEST WHAT YOU ARE PREPARED TO LOSE IN THESE COMPANIES.

The rewards can be huge though. You need to be a particular type of investor to buy biotechnology stocks. MOST FAIL. I wish that wasn't the case and I sure hope this company makes it, most importantly for the patients (I'll be one of them if successful and if it resolves tinnitus).

Fuck man 2022 for pivotal trial. I was really expecting them to start by Q4 2021. Let's hope that it's 90 days this time and not 210 days or we are going to wait forever.

SPECULATION AHEAD:

I noticed in Frequency Therapeutics' new video, they're using this technique to "blur" syllables that are typically harder to hear by those with high-frequency hearing loss.

In the recent past, they have indicated that fricatives are the first "batch" of English consonants that are hard to distinguish. This includes sounds from letter like S, Th, F, Sh. And, based on what we know about the Phase 1/2 data, this makes sense as these consonants tend to be produced using frequencies around 8 kHz on the audiogram, where some gains where measured.

I'm noticing now though, that they're including consonants lower in the audio range. Particularly those in the tenuis consonant category; which includes sounds like K or Hard-C, Qu, Ch, T. From what I can gather, these sounds exist generally in the 2 kHz - -4 kHz band on the audiogram.

If they spent the time to produce this type of video, they probably expect to have some shelf-life through the Phase 2A... So, I wonder if this is any foresight for how low the multiple doses are going...

#SpeculationOver

The fact that they're planning ahead for a pivotal trial in 2022 seems promising. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that any of the drugs currently in development would get there quite so soon.

I'm wondering if FX-322 would be helpful for me, though. According to my audiologist my (extended) audiogram and word recognition scores look fine, which doesn't seem to indicate sensorineural hearing loss.

Considering my audiogram, would cochlear synaptopathy be the likely culprit of my tinnitus?

Attachments

• Audiogram.PNG
    Audiogram.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 80
  • HF audiogram.PNG
    HF audiogram.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Word score.PNG
    Word score.PNG
    57.8 KB · Views: 81
The fact that they're planning ahead for a pivotal trial in 2022 seems promising. Honestly, I wasn't expecting that any of the drugs currently in development would get there quite so soon.

I'm wondering if FX-322 would be helpful for me, though. According to my audiologist my (extended) audiogram and word recognition scores look fine, which doesn't seem to indicate sensorineural hearing loss.

Considering my audiogram, would cochlear synaptopathy be the likely culprit of my tinnitus?
I think if FX-322 shows to have any clinically meaningful effect on tinnitus for people with acquired SNHL, doctors will be inclined to try it. Also, your high frequencies look a lot like mine. However, mine drops like a stone at 15 kHz and 16 kHz... where most of my tinnitus lives... so there may be a correlation there.

According to my audiologist my (extended) audiogram and word recognition scores look fine
Your extended audiogram only goes up to 12.5 kHz, but the full range of testing in more specialized clinical practice is up to 16 kHz (before standing waves can interfere with reliability of measurement).

I think they are realizing they need to get a lot of momentum going early in the practitioner, patient, and investor space this year.... it needs practitioners and patients primed for treatment well in advance.

Also... a little hype doesn't hurt :)
I don't know why I haven't thought of this before, but I develop and execute cold outbound marketing campaigns and could very feasibly identify, scrape and email every ENT in the U.S. a 'request' to pay attention to this. Maybe I'll start in my local market as a test. I could do the same to Audiologists for Lenire, Audiologists who drive Teslas and even Tesla owners who have hearing problems. Love me a good customer archetype.

So I guess if I don't have measurable hearing loss on an audiogram, FX-322 and any other treatments aren't for me, even if they may potentially work.
If you got your hearing problems from noise then there's a reasonable chance it will help even if you score normal on a standard audiogram.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now