• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Hmm... mine didn't. I wonder how common each type of audiogram is and how that affected recruitment.

Edit: only my last one didn't. Weird. My previous ones did. I wonder if i got a shortened "recheck" one...
I haven't thought too much about recruiting, but it's sure is revealing how stuck in the stone age the hearing field is if the "Standard Audiogram" varies depending on where the audiogram is taken. FFS.

Thanks a lot for your responses @FGG and @Diesel.

This could be one possible solution to get the gel through the whole section...

upload_2021-3-12_15-6-20.gif

After seeing this discussion, I don't think the inclusion of 6 kHz is anything to worry about. It's common enough that many people have it done (myself included). Even if the recruits got there without having it done, why wouldn't Frequency Therapeutics include this in their data? There's no safety risk; it's mainstream enough to not seem odd to clinicians; it's just a way for them to have one more chance to show off the drug.

The more I think about it, I actually wish they scaled everything in a super granular way around 8 kHz. In other words, do like 7.5, 7, 6.5, 6,... etc. Based on the partial responsiveness in PTA at 8 kHz in the Phase 1/2, it seems like they should be getting as much data around this barrier as possible.

There's probably some statistical reason why they may not do this like the margin of error for the tests at a very granular level is too big. Regardless, 8 kHz to 6 kHz shouldn't have this issue; otherwise, it wouldn't even be in clinical practice currently.

What about using some form of ultrasonic vibration to push the gel deeper in the cochlea?
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the issue with all of our vibration theories is that there's some sort of trade-off between vibrating the perilymph to homogenize the fluid and a lack of absorption due to a speeding up of kinetic energy. I have no idea at all, but trust me, Robert Langer has more clever thoughts during his lunch breaks than all of us combined throughout our entire lives. If injecting a vibration fixed the problem, they would have done it by now.

What about using some form of ultrasonic vibration to push the gel deeper in the cochlea?
3C1E5A96-F5DC-4C25-80FA-48157A498273.jpeg

FX-322 2.0.

But in all seriousness, I believe vibrational resonance is being looked in to by a few other companies as a means of drug delivery. It's been discussed in the past, but this was quite a while ago and my memory is fuzzy. One method was supposed to hit market in 2022... I'll try and dig the info back up.

I'm not sure you'd want to bombard the cochlea with any type of vibrations while also trying to maintain the growth of new hair cells. Seems like the risk of damaging the new cells would be high.

I'm not sure you'd want to bombard the cochlea with any type of vibrations while also trying to maintain the growth of new hair cells. Seems like the risk of damaging the new cells would be high.
Excellent point that I didn't think of. There is a safety aspect to growing the new hair cells. However, after the patients receive the injections, it's not like they sit in dead silence for weeks. Even non-loud sounds would cause sufficient vibration, right?

Strange but in a good way... There was a trade earlier... 200k shares were bought @ $39.50. That's an investment of $7.9m... I don't remember seeing a larger single trade... Leave some for the rest of us @Toby1972 :nailbiting:

Conspiracies to the fore and all the best to the purchaser. If he/she/they make money, it's because it's decent data.

If the readout results are positive - does it make sense to create a coordinated effort here for us all to write/email/call powers that be to push for compassionate use?
I have very much been thinking about leading the effort to organize this IF the Phase 2A looks promising... It would be a good use for change.org.

We need to contact veterans and let them know. Then they'll let the VA know and the wheels will start turning.
What's stopping you from signing up to Veterans discussion forums and spreading the word? Waiting for someone else to do it on your behalf? That's always worked well :D

If the readout results are positive - does it make sense to create a coordinated effort here for us all to write/email/call powers that be to push for compassionate use?
Definitely coordinated. Although all of the sufferers deserve to write letters individually, there are strategic ways to doing this. And it's not just level of suffering. I consider my suffering level to be high, but I'm not the person that's going to change minds with bad hyperacusis, but stupidly good extended audiograms.

The best chances are to stay consistent with the company's goals, which appear to be EHF range hair cell loss, until we know otherwise. Fortunately, thanks to heroic behind-the-scenes work, Tinnitus Talk is on the map, having landed interviews with big names, including Carl LeBel. We need to accumulate (sorry if that's dehumanizing) sufferers where FX-322 would almost surely help.

It may help to also research precedence based on safety and added benefit for other conditions. Another thought is to include people who have tried CBT or antidepressant therapy without success.

It's tricky because if the wrong person reads these letter(s), they will think that a bunch of depressed people are in their own heads, as opposed to needing hair cell regeneration.

Definitely coordinated. Although all of the sufferers deserve to write letters individually, there are strategic ways to doing this. And it's not just level of suffering. I consider my suffering level to be high, but I'm not the person that's going to change minds with bad hyperacusis, but stupidly good extended audiograms.

The best chances are to stay consistent with the company's goals, which appear to be EHF range hair cell loss, until we know otherwise. Fortunately, thanks to heroic behind-the-scenes work, Tinnitus Talk is on the map, having landed interviews with big names, including Carl LeBel. We need to accumulate (sorry if that's dehumanizing) sufferers where FX-322 would almost surely help.

It may help to also research precedence based on safety and added benefit for other conditions. Another thought is to include people who have tried CBT or antidepressant therapy without success.

It's tricky because if the wrong person reads these letter(s), they will think that a bunch of depressed people are in their own heads, as opposed to needing hair cell regeneration.
It needs to show a well reasoned and logical explanation on why we need this drug, how for some of us it really is a matter of life and death and how prevalent this problem really is thus showing the need for the FDA to make the drug available ASAP.

It needs to show a well reasoned and logical explanation on why we need this drug, how for some of us it really is a matter of life and death and how prevalent this problem really is thus showing the need for the FDA to make the drug available ASAP.
I started a letter before but then wasn't sure who to address it to with FDA change ups. I'm willing to help work on another, better revised one if anyone wants to get a group together to do this.

Hi @Bambam0, @AfroSnowman, @Tezcatlipoca, @Zugzug, @Diesel, @FGG!

I just want to add, on behalf of Tinnitus Hub, that we are more than willing to facilitate such an effort. I agree such initiatives should be well coordinated — though of course anyone is free to lobby on their own behalf, but doing this as a community will be much more impactful! Grassroots activism has always been part of who we are and it's a major part of why we run this community. If the Phase 2 90-Day readout is positive, I feel like a working group should be formed.

I just want to add, on behalf of Tinnitus Hub, that we are more than willing to facilitate such an effort. I agree such initiatives should be well coordinated — though of course anyone is free to lobby on their own behalf, but doing this as a community will be much more impactful! Grassroots activism has always been part of who we are and it's a major part of why we run this community. If the Phase 2 90-Day readout is positive, I feel like a working group should be formed.
Thank you for the official support @Hazel. I'd be glad to help.

Add me on the list as well!

Please add me. I'm currently in a tough situation due to many medical things and tinnitus and hearing glitches are number 1 on the list.

I suppose the focus should be on compassionate use access?

I too would be happy to participate in whatever way I can.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now