• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

I'm not worried.
upload_2021-3-22_16-20-23.png

This is wrong. @Aaron91 is Jordan on this thread (MVP!). @Diesel is great as Pippen (your assists on every play are amazing). And @Zugzug, you are a good Rodman, defending everything with math rebounds.

Btw, I'm more of a football fan and the only thing I know about Basketball is one Jordan/Bulls documentary I half ass watched so apologies if I have it wrong.

I really don't think Frequency Therapeutics gives a damn about anyone that is suffering from this nightmare we live... All they do is stall and stall... It's inhumane... All these years... It's just wrong and inhumane...
That's something one might accuse Susan Shore of, but there's no evidence that FREQ isn't moving as fast as possible within industry norms. That it's not fast enough for you is evident from your tone, but your anger isn't really justified.

This is wrong. @Aaron91 is Jordan on this thread (MVP!). @Diesel is great as Pippen (your assists on every play are amazing). And @Zugzug, you are a good Rodman, defending everything with math rebounds.

Btw, I'm more of a football fan and the only thing I know about Basketball is one Jordan/Bulls documentary I half ass watched so apologies if I have it wrong.
No question @Diesel is Pippen -- capable of leading, plays the game the right way for whatever is needed for the team. Humble enough to learn and knows if MJ wasn't on his team, he could be the best player on another team.

@FGG, you are the GOAT, but your personality is basically opposite of MJ. MJ wanted to kill his opponents, whereas you probably would want to help them experience winning a championship. Either way, I couldn't not make you MJ in that graphic.

@Aaron91 was selected as Rodman, almost by default, rather than perfect fit. He's in the big 3, but not as obvious as the other two.

I'm Steve Kerr. He was basically a role player, but specialized in 3 pointers. He actually was needed and hit a game winner in game 6 against the Utah Jazz in the 1997 Finals.

Side note: One time at practice, MJ and Steve Kerr got competitive and MJ punched Steve Kerr in the face. Let's hope that doesn't happen here.

I'm flattered but @FGG you are the real MVP here. The insight you provide is always so clear and concise and your science background is invaluable to us all. @Diesel is also a giant in his own right.

As funny as @Zugzug's post was (the "bulls" reference did not escape me btw), this thread has had so many great contributions from so many different members - it cannot be put down to just a few names. It really takes numbers to get a research thread about a non-marketed drug to more than 500-pages while providing continuous insight, value and knowledge (and memes).

This was never a club I asked to join, but having joined it, I can't imagine (in a rather perverse way) never having been part of it. More recently, this has definitely felt like a second family, and a great place where I can find a sounding board for any of my rabbitholes while also throwing some silly memes into the mix.

At the risk of sounding mushy, no matter what happens with the results this week, it has been an honour to have shared this journey with you all.

I'm sure this has been answered already but this thread is huge. Does anyone know if FX-322 will help people if their hearing loss/tinnitus is not from noise? Like say it's from ototoxic medicine, ear infection or something else. Will it still help those people?

I'm flattered but @FGG you are the real MVP here. The insight you provide is always so clear and concise and your science background is invaluable to us all. @Diesel is also a giant in his own right.

As funny as @Zugzug's post was (the "bulls" reference did not escape me btw), this thread has had so many great contributions from so many different members - it cannot be put down to just a few names. It really takes numbers to get a research thread about a non-marketed drug to more than 500-pages while providing continuous insight, value and knowledge (and memes).

This was never a club I wanted to join, but having joined it, I can't imagine (in a rather perverse way) never having been part of it. More recently, this has definitely felt like a second family, and a great place where I can find a sounding board for any of my rabbitholes while also throwing some silly memes into the mix.

At the risk of sounding mushy, no matter what happens with the results this week, it has been an honour to have shared this journey with you all.
He said, during his Hall of Fame acceptance speech.

Seriously though, completely agree. There are many people I could include, but I left it to three because I knew those three wouldn't be offensive. Also, I was primarily motivated by the Bulls reference, which I'm glad you caught.

I'm sure this has been answered already but this thread is huge. Does anyone know if FX-322 will help people if their hearing loss/tinnitus is not from noise? Like say it's from ototoxic medicine, ear infection or something else. Will it still help those people?
If ototoxicity is involved, almost certainly, unless the progenitor cells are gone. In pre-clinical work they showed they were able to restore hair cells using FX-322 after treating the cochlea with Gentamicin - a potent antibiotic. I believe there may be some drugs though (Cisplatin?) that cause complete loss of supporting cells which may require a different type of treatment entirely. FX-322 also won't work for congenital hearing loss or cochlea trauma/breakage.

Why can't they start now, after they have released the Phase 2 results? Why always wait, wait, wait.
I copied some of your previous messages here. It paints a certain kind of picture, one where you have no clue whatsoever how drugs are investigated and how clinical trials work.

Your tone is also annoying. You sound self-entitled. I wouldn't be surprised if you thought Frequency Therapeutics should be coming to your house to inject you with the goop now?

It's clear from your messages you think Frequency Therapeutics is full of shit, so why do you even bother contributing to this thread?
They already had a phase 1.

Why have another?

It's all crap.

The FDA can be bought like any other government department.
See, they're just stringing us along.

Was there even any improvement from phase 1?

Again it's all about money.

Just a con job to string it along for more what little funding they do get.

If they had anything that worked, people would be throwing money at them.
I think they are full of crap and are nowhere even close to anything to help anyone.

I think it's a show to get money at the expense of people suffering every second.

Why can't they start now, after they have released the Phase 2 results? Why always wait, wait, wait.
They need permission and authorizations issued by the FDA for everything they do; As annoying as it is they can't just fly through the trials, plus they can't just start "right away," they need to organize with their clinical trial sites and do recruiting, that's a lot of stuff to do; It's a miracle they are even able to start phase 3 this year!

If you look at FREQ Twitter account, you notice they never go without tweeting for more than 5 days. Their last tweet was on the 18; could this mean their next tweet is The Tweet?
I hope the next tweet by Frequency Therapeutics will be announcing the positive results for Phase 2a clinical trial Day 90.

Did any of you try to contact Frequency Therapeutics via email or phone about the Phase 2A 90-day results?
Their Investor Relations person probably has a FULL inbox (both email and voicemail) right now from the world doing this. Odds are low of a reply.

Did any of you try to contact Frequency Therapeutics via email or phone about the Phase 2A 90-day results?
It doesn't make sense that they would do this. It gives people insider information. To take an extreme example, say they were minutes from posting the Phase 2a results and they told me this. I would, risk free, invest a bunch of money in long positions, only to watch them sky rocket within hours.

This is a serious operation, with SEC rules, high level investors, speculators, etc.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now