• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Why in the world is the FREQ stock up 14% today?
My guess: stock pumpers. On the various stock boards I watch, I noticed that as soon as FREQ plunged a new type of investor showed up. People talking about it being oversold and how the "gap will be filled". I saw the same thing to a much smaller extent when OTIC plunged. There was a YouTube video where a self proclaimed penny stock expert was saying that OTIC would go back to $5 because it must "fill the gap".

There's this strange cargo culting around stock charts. People see a stock drop and think it's a good deal and that it will eventually go back to where it was. However, without understanding why a stock dropped or anything about the underlying company, these people are (to me) being crazy.

Many investors also don't fully realize what happened. One guy I was talking to kept bringing up things like the audiogram improvements in Phase 1 and the possibility of EHF improvements.

I've grown more optimistic about Frequency Therapeutics in the weeks after the Phase 2 results (I'm hopeful that the drug is active for IHCs), but I no longer think the stock is a good measure of anything about the company. Due to its low market cap and recent plunge, it's a prime target for pump and dumps.

My guess: stock pumpers. On the various stock boards I watch, I noticed that as soon as FREQ plunged a new type of investor showed up. People talking about it being oversold and how the "gap will be filled". I saw the same thing to a much smaller extent when OTIC plunged. There was a YouTube video where a self proclaimed penny stock expert was saying that OTIC would go back to $5 because it must "fill the gap".

There's this strange cargo culting around stock charts. People see a stock drop and think it's a good deal and that it will eventually go back to where it was. However, without understanding why a stock dropped or anything about the underlying company, these people are (to me) being crazy.

Many investors also don't fully realize what happened. One guy I was talking to kept bringing up things like the audiogram improvements in Phase 1 and the possibility of EHF improvements.

I've grown more optimistic about Frequency Therapeutics in the weeks after the Phase 2 results (I'm hopeful that the drug is active for IHCs), but I no longer think the stock is a good measure of anything about the company. Due to its low market cap and recent plunge, it's a prime target for pump and dumps.
I read an article that said they will have revenue of $43 million in 2021? I'm confused. What do they sell that they make revenue from? I thought they were strictly in the research stage for all of their offerings.

Agreed with everyone though... The stock is coming back, but it could be people that don't fully understand the data.

It could be they are betting on the other possible therapies with the method they have discovered. Unfortunately it takes a lot of money, trial and error and clinical trials. It is easy for these start up companies to run out of money before they get anywhere.

I read an article that said they will have revenue of $43 million in 2021? I'm confused. What do they sell that they make revenue from? I thought they were strictly in the research stage for all of their offerings.

Agreed with everyone though... The stock is coming back, but it could be people that don't fully understand the data.

It could be they are betting on the other possible therapies with the method they have discovered. Unfortunately it takes a lot of money, trial and error and clinical trials. It is easy for these start up companies to run out of money before they get anywhere.
They raised capital last year by selling stock. They also get money from Astellas Pharma when they hit certain milestones.

Most financial articles are written by bots that are simply spinning text. They parse reports or charts, and then split out articles. It's good for stating facts, but I find them to be unreadable and I would rather just have a page of facts than an article written by a bot.

As an aside, this type of article spinning was developed over a decade ago by spammers. They used it for spam comments and to generate mass amounts of content for Google. Years ago when I had an active blog, one of these bots erred and spit out its template rather than the actual comment. It looked something like this:

{Hello|Hi|Hey|Howdy}, your blog is {great|good|nice} it makes me {inspired|happy|hungry}​

This particular format is called "spintax". And the more alternatives you provide for each word, the more unique articles you can generate. Modern article spinning is probably a little more complex, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's rooted in the same idea.

They are also expected to grow 15% this year, 2% less than the industry average of 17%. Still good in my book.

The people who lost $50 dollars a share are hyping the stock to try and make their money back.
Frequency Therapeutics will become the new GameStop of online trading.

Anybody got an idea that can combine hearing and NFT's?

If I put my hearing on blockchain will it be safer?

Just musings of someone doing Ketamine.

Frequency Therapeutics will become the new GameStop of online trading.

Anybody got an idea that can combine hearing and NFT's?

If I put my hearing on blockchain will it be safer?

Just musings of someone doing Ketamine.

I realize that was a non serious Ketamine thought but:

You really can't lose with NFTs. Anything that can possibly be used for money laundering seems to only go up:

NFTs, cryptocurrency, Canadian real estate...

Pardon me for jumping in after 579 pages but perhaps I'll bring a fresh opinion.

I actually listened to the Tinnitus Talk Podcast about Frequency Therapeutics and got all excited and happened to Google their stock price when I found out what happened. I've read much of the unabashed stock hyping leading up to the March 23rd posts here and then skipped to the end.

What noone is pointing out is why did this support group turn into a stock picking group? Did anyone here even raise the ethical dilemma that raised? Why is this thread talking about NFTs and Cryptocurrency? Doesn't anyone else see that the impact of ownership in this company has impacted people's opinions in a completely obvious and impossible to ignore manner? The ownership of stock may even have contributed to people from this forum participating in the trial and affecting the outcome to their advantage.

I don't mean to question anyone's outright motives but it's impossible to be an impartial participant if you own stock in the company. Anyone who posts about this needs to at minimum put a disclaimer on any post that they own or short the company, and really the discussion of stocks needs to be banned.

The company didn't just accidentally make a mistake. Many posts here talked about how the company cherry picked their participants to have low WR scores. And their response was to assume that the trial would produce overly optimistic results. The company set themselves up for a fall when they didn't just take random participants but chose to cherry pick and I suspect that's part of what the lawsuit is about.

The other thing that noone seems to admit to is that the fact that WR scores can be faked throws the Phase 1 trial into question. From the start I found it suspicious that FREQ would rely upon a relatively minor and hard to verify part of the audiologists' test. I just had an audiogram and it would have been easy to fake a poor WR if I wanted to. It would also have been easy to fake a hearing loss on the regular part - just wait until the volume gets higher than you need. If I were an investor in the company I wouldn't want to continue financing unless there was something that could be verified without faking. And honestly that doesn't seem to exist unless you're doing a functional MRI. I don't understand how the faking could have been done consistently to produce only results in the drug and not the placebo but this company obviously has had a problem with gaming the system, cherry picking the results that showed promise while ignoring those that didn't.

The real problem is not the drug. The real problem is that this drug will need hundreds of millions of investment dollars and this faking may have just killed that financing. The lawsuits are also going to cause a serious problem for the company and investors don't usually file lawsuits after a bad result - there may be something else going on that they know about or suspect that hasn't come to light yet.

I'm new to this forum but I'll make a bold suggestion. Keep money out of it. Require anyone with stock ownership to disclose it and really they need to keep out of it. Aggressively purge any posts about stocks in potential treatments. Stick to what this forum does best - support and information.

Pardon me for jumping in after 579 pages but perhaps I'll bring a fresh opinion.

I actually listened to the Tinnitus Talk Podcast about Frequency Therapeutics and got all excited and happened to Google their stock price when I found out what happened. I've read much of the unabashed stock hyping leading up to the March 23rd posts here and then skipped to the end.

What noone is pointing out is why did this support group turn into a stock picking group? Did anyone here even raise the ethical dilemma that raised? Why is this thread talking about NFTs and Cryptocurrency? Doesn't anyone else see that the impact of ownership in this company has impacted people's opinions in a completely obvious and impossible to ignore manner? The ownership of stock may even have contributed to people from this forum participating in the trial and affecting the outcome to their advantage.

I don't mean to question anyone's outright motives but it's impossible to be an impartial participant if you own stock in the company. Anyone who posts about this needs to at minimum put a disclaimer on any post that they own or short the company, and really the discussion of stocks needs to be banned.

The company didn't just accidentally make a mistake. Many posts here talked about how the company cherry picked their participants to have low WR scores. And their response was to assume that the trial would produce overly optimistic results. The company set themselves up for a fall when they didn't just take random participants but chose to cherry pick and I suspect that's part of what the lawsuit is about.

The other thing that noone seems to admit to is that the fact that WR scores can be faked throws the Phase 1 trial into question. From the start I found it suspicious that FREQ would rely upon a relatively minor and hard to verify part of the audiologists' test. I just had an audiogram and it would have been easy to fake a poor WR if I wanted to. It would also have been easy to fake a hearing loss on the regular part - just wait until the volume gets higher than you need. If I were an investor in the company I wouldn't want to continue financing unless there was something that could be verified without faking. And honestly that doesn't seem to exist unless you're doing a functional MRI. I don't understand how the faking could have been done consistently to produce only results in the drug and not the placebo but this company obviously has had a problem with gaming the system, cherry picking the results that showed promise while ignoring those that didn't.

The real problem is not the drug. The real problem is that this drug will need hundreds of millions of investment dollars and this faking may have just killed that financing. The lawsuits are also going to cause a serious problem for the company and investors don't usually file lawsuits after a bad result - there may be something else going on that they know about or suspect that hasn't come to light yet.

I'm new to this forum but I'll make a bold suggestion. Keep money out of it. Require anyone with stock ownership to disclose it and really they need to keep out of it. Aggressively purge any posts about stocks in potential treatments. Stick to what this forum does best - support and information.
How is this a fresh take? If anything, it shows you haven't read/don't understand previous discussion.

I agree with you on the stock talk, let's keep it to a minimum, but everything else you mentioned has been discussed in length.

QUESTION ABOUT FX-322 DAY 210 RESULTS

I want to set an alarm for myself. Is there a good guess when we get the results?
Sometime the end of May. I'm not expecting good results but hopefully they somehow have proof that in the Phase 2a trial those who only had one dose of FX-322 have had improvements greater than those who got 3 or 4 doses of FX-322.

Age-related hearing loss trial results are coming out at the end of June and the severe hearing loss trial results come out in Q3.

I don't mean to question anyone's outright motives but it's impossible to be an impartial participant if you own stock in the company.
I think it's hard to be impartial whether you own stock or not. I kind of would prefer if people took their discussions about the stock somewhere else but it's no biggie. Just more pages to skim through.
The other thing that noone seems to admit to is that the fact that WR scores can be faked throws the Phase 1 trial into question.
I don't think WR scores were taken into account when selecting participants for 1b. The love for WR scores came about because the WR scores were pretty much the only thing that moved in Phase 1b. 'Restoring hearing' became 'improving clarity' and Frequency Therapeutics went for a home run in the clarity game by selecting for WR scores.

There are millions of people who have sensorineural hearing loss around the world who are holding out their only hope for Frequency Therapeutics to find a breakthrough on a signal that FX-322 has already provided. It is a painfully long process in between clinical trials and data readouts - in the meantime, it is an open forum to discuss all matters relating to Frequency Therapeutics including the science, pharmacology, and investor sentiment regarding FX-322. This is support and informative welfare one day at a time - as for the lawsuits - frivolous at best.

I don't know about stock talk affecting the trial as such, but I would be interested to know how people feel about it being so prevalent and intertwined in this thread - so much so that stock market terms are being used to describe levels of optimism in the treatment itself.

Nobody here has claimed to be an expert on the stock market, or knowingly and maliciously misled anyone, so it's not anybody's fault that some have lost money. People invested of their own free will.

However, I agree with the quoted poster that this thread is not the right place to discuss stock. I think keeping stock talk to its own thread will help prevent rash investments tied to trial hype, and remove the unconscious bias that comes with having thousands tied up in a company.

It's been heart breaking to see people deal with the double whammy of underwhelming results and losing money. Hopefully the upcoming results will be positive so that people can make their money back and we can have a potential treatment to look forward to.

Sometime the end of May. I'm not expecting good results but hopefully they somehow have proof that in the Phase 2a trial those who only had one dose of FX-322 have had improvements greater than those who got 3 or 4 doses of FX-322.

Age-related hearing loss trial results are coming out at the end of June and the severe hearing loss trial results come out in Q3.
Full Phase 2a results are also coming at the end of June:

"The Company plans to report final results of the Phase 2a study in late Q2 2021."

I agree.

In addition I would like to know the detailed individual results of Phase 2a.

I think OHC is regenerating, like you.

From some anecdotes presented in this thread and Phase 1/2 results, it is unbelievable that there are no patients with an improvement of 10 dB or more, including extended frequencies.

They report on page 36 of the below presentation that 4/13 of patients injected with FX-322 had a 10 dB improvement.

https://investors.frequencytx.com/static-files/6d161090-16f5-49f4-9606-8caceb5a88a1

However, there is no mention of "statistically significant".

Is it because this degree of improvement is not considered "statistically significant"?
I hope that a similar or higher percentage of improvers will be reported as an "anecdote."
At the individual and group levels, even if it's not "statistically significant"...

The placebo's "appearance improvement" is WR, and I would like to see how much each individual was. It is possible that the PTA also had an "appearance improvement".

Unless we know the detailed results, everything remains speculative.

I agree.

In addition I would like to know the detailed individual results of Phase 2a.

I think OHC is regenerating, like you.

From some anecdotes presented in this thread and Phase 1/2 results, it is unbelievable that there are no patients with an improvement of 10 dB or more, including extended frequencies.

They report on page 36 of the below presentation that 4/13 of patients injected with FX-322 had a 10 dB improvement.

https://investors.frequencytx.com/static-files/6d161090-16f5-49f4-9606-8caceb5a88a1

However, there is no mention of "statistically significant".

Is it because this degree of improvement is not considered "statistically significant"?
I hope that a similar or higher percentage of improvers will be reported as an "anecdote."
At the individual and group levels, even if it's not "statistically significant"...

The placebo's "appearance improvement" is WR, and I would like to see how much each individual was. It is possible that the PTA also had an "appearance improvement".

Unless we know the detailed results, everything remains speculative.
This is where the whole debate on the effect of regenerating one OHC row comes from. Whoever suggested OAEs earlier was right, they probably should have used that. That could have determined if a variation within test/ retest was actually a physiological improvement. The only problem is it can't detect the EHF.

I hope they release all of the individual data as well.

Frequency Therapeutics (FREQ)

There is already a thread, link above, about FREQ stock in the "Stock Chat for Benefactors" category.

Due to popular demand, let's try to take the stock talk over to that thread and keep it out of this one.
That keeps the discussion behind a paywall though, and prevents many regulars from participating.

That keeps the discussion behind a paywall though, and prevents many regulars from participating.
We offer a 100% free service to people struggling with tinnitus. The vast majority of content on this site is freely accessible to anyone. We also offer our labor for free as volunteers. But we do have costs to cover.

Hence, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to put certain content – especially content that's not directly support related – behind a paywall to help us cover the basic costs of running this site and support our various projects (podcast, surveys, etc.).

The benefactor status can be attained with a one-time donation starting at $5 USD. People who truly cannot afford that and are desperate to get access can always contact us directly and we're happy to grant them access.

I must say I have trouble understanding the pervasive attitude that I see online – not specifically referring to you here, but just my general observation – that all online content must be free. There's a lot of time, effort and money that goes into keeping this site up-and-running and I don't think it's at all unfair to expect frequent users to contribute.

I realize I am taking the thread off-topic. In order to keep the thread clean, I suggest we discuss further via PM.

But, for those who would like to support us, we are very grateful for anybody doing so:

A lot of people are buying the dip, me included. I see these poor Phase 2a results as a step forward because it helped them gain a lot of knowledge that will allow for better results from new trials and eventually reach FDA approval.
I agree with you that they will eventually figure it out. Henry Ford failed twice before founding Ford Motor Company and being successful. Many people fail before they succeed. There will be a treatment, the question is when.

Come on. One can invest enough money into FREQ to have a major interest in it, but can't afford literally a few dollar per month to support a website that, among things, interviews top researchers?

I get that there are people that really can't afford that, but it seems kind of hoity toity to complain about a Benefactor's Corner for investors.

Come on. One can invest enough money into FREQ to have a major interest in it, but can't afford literally a few dollar per month to support a website that, among things, interviews top researchers?

I get that there are people that really can't afford that, but it seems kind of hoity toity to complain about a Benefactor's Corner for investors.
That is exactly what I think.

If you ask people to financially support Tinnitus Talk, or research, they don't have the money.

But they have enough money to buy stock...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now