• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Will Frequency Therapeutics have any money to progress past 2023?
As of today. No.
Their CEO has plenty of money for himself after he sold his STOCK in the beginning of the year and after he lied his ASS off to get the company to go public to get an IPO.

It will never change. It's always about money. Never about the suffering.

Their CEO has plenty of money for himself after he sold his STOCK in the beginning of the year and after he lied his ASS off to get the company to go public to get an IPO.

It will never change. It's always about money. Never about the suffering.
You realize his father is Larry Lucchino who is the President of the Fenway sports group.

Frequency Therapeutics is backed by some of the most respected people in their respective fields. It wasn't a money grab.

Capture.PNG

Out of curiosity;

How confident are you at this very moment, that FX-322 will be approved and released to market in its current form?

Thumbs up - 100%
Agree - 90%
Light bulb - 80%
Hug - 70%
Question - 60%
Brain - 50%
Funny - 40%
Winner medal - 30%
Informative - 20%
Heart - 10%
Wrench - 0%
I'm not an expert or anything close, I'm quite stupid actually, this is just a guess:

If they have the time and money to redo Phase 2 and change primary outcomes, then maybe it will be approved and released to market. The sad thing is it probably works excellent if it could reach deeper. So drugs that actually work get thumbs down because of the delivery methods.

This is the problem of hearing loss trials. People sign up because they fit the criteria but they're a mix of all this, so it's hard to view them as a success; even if they most likely are for the right population.
I hope they will be able to find a way to look into people's cochleas in detail soon.

How confident are you at this very moment, that FX-322 will be approved and released to market in its current form?

Thumbs up - 100%
Agree - 90%
Light bulb - 80%
Hug - 70%
Question - 60%
Brain - 50%
Funny - 40%
Winner medal - 30%
Informative - 20%
Heart - 10%
Wrench - 0%
(
upload_2021-5-17_18-32-8.png
+
upload_2021-5-17_18-31-21.png
)/2

It's been acknowledged various times. Read back into this thread. Still not sure why this thread is so active. FX-322 is dead.
It might be a little soon for that. Bad trials happen. Bad measures happen. The tests are crap even if the theory is good.

At the end of the day, they need to get their poop in a group.

It's been acknowledged various times. Read back into this thread. Still not sure why this thread is so active. FX-322 is dead.
You realize the recent trial only tested FX-322 on presbycusis related hearing loss, right? It could still be useful for acoustic trauma or other forms of sensorineural hearing loss.

The negativity on here never ceases to amaze me. I understand this condition and hearing loss absolutely suck. But it sucks less if you approach it with a positive attitude. Your life really is what you make of it.

You realize the recent trial only tested FX-322 on presbycusis related hearing loss, right? It could still be useful for acoustic trauma or other forms of sensorineural hearing loss.

The negativity on here never ceases to amaze me. I understand this condition and hearing loss absolutely suck. But it sucks less if you approach it with a positive attitude. Your life really is what you make of it.
Sometimes I feel like a lot of people here want FX-322 to fail just to be able to say "I told you so"...

So let's say before taking FX-322, you hear this:

View attachment 45006

And after taking FX-322, you actually hear it clearer like this:

View attachment 45008

Wouldn't you be satisfied?

I believe improvement in Word Scores (to hear clearer) is a great step...
I don't believe it's possible to have an improvement in word scores without at least some improvement in the audiogram. I've heard all the arguments and I just don't buy it. So in my book, mildly improved WR scores are tantamount to placebo--seeing improvements where none exist.

I don't believe it's possible to have an improvement in word scores without at least some improvement in the audiogram. I've heard all the arguments and I just don't buy it. So in my book, mildly improved WR scores are tantamount to placebo--seeing improvements where none exist.
You cannot try harder to hear! Hearing isn't a state of mind.

I don't know. The way I see it the input part of understanding words is only a part of the whole. The rest is the processing part. When things are hard to hear I try to focus more to interpret the sounds.
True, but in normal life that involves situational context, which is absent from the tests.

But they didn't measure above 8 kHz on those people that showed WR improvements so it can't be ruled out at this point.

The current trial might have shown a correlation if it hadn't failed in the way that it did!

The real test will be the latest single dose results with audiograms up to 16 kHz.

True, but in normal life that involves situational context, which is absent from the tests.
I've done WIN tests and my impression is you can still put more focus and effort that I believe would make a difference at the fringes.

It is easy to imagine that a highly motivated person would pay closer attention to not let her mind drift after a few minutes, just missing the odd word.

I've done WIN tests and my impression is you can still put more focus and effort that I believe would make a difference at the fringes.

It is easy to imagine that a highly motivated person would pay closer attention to not let her mind drift after a few minutes, just missing the odd word.
If that's the case, none of us need FX-322 at all. We just need to try to hear better, and obviously, need to try a little harder to not hear our tinnitus.

If that's the case, none of us need FX-322 at all. We just need to try to hear better, and obviously, need to try a little harder to not hear our tinnitus.
I've made this point before about motivation, but perhaps now's a good time to reiterate it.

If I got a shot and believe that it was FX-322 (versus placebo), what's my motivation or hardcore pressure to perform? I already got the drug. I've seen the point of "the audiologists will pressure these people to show the drug off." But again, why would they want that in the event that the person got the placebo?

If I got a shot and believe it was the placebo, then all of my motivation is to not try so that I tank the placebo group so that the drug clears the trials, allowing me to get it as quickly as possible from Breakthrough Therapy status.

What is my point? My point is that I believe that there is a balancing out effect to the motivation stuff. It's why I don't think cheating was a major factor in the failed Phase 2. I think the drug, as it currently stands, just doesn't help that many people due to many factors that we've beaten to death.

Literally every drug in the history of clinical trials deals with these "motivation" problems. It's why they are double (in this case, quadruple) blinded.

This. Language parsing involves more of the brain than your low-level hearing.

I really think with tinnitus or hearing regeneration that when improvement claims are mild enough that it sort of disappears into the gray area fog of placebo. That's where threads like this circle around endlessly and split off into camp optimist and camp pessimist. We need treatments that are effective enough that it's no longer possible to parse the results as placebo. Lenire isn't that treatment and neither is FX-322 (at present).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now