Fullness in Ear — Is It Possible to Disappear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinizzy, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      It can go away, but really depends on what is causing it. For me, I have determined is from TTTS and it’s the psychosomatic contraction of the middle ear muscles in reaction certain to sounds, which then creates a feeling of pressure. It maybe even affects the actual middle ear pressure if the eustacian tubes and sinus area swell or such, causing them to close.
      Not saying this is what you have, there can be a number of different reasons.

2. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This sounds like what I've been experiencing since a noise exposure two weeks ago. I haven't quite figured out the right word to describe it, so I've mainly been calling it a "discomfort." But I guess "fullness" is appropriate too.

TTTS sounds like it might be what I'm experiencing. When I heard that loud high-pitched tone so near my bad ear I panicked. Since that moment I've been nervous every time I hear a high-pitched tone regardless of the volume. I am also hoping it goes away. It's actually more distressing to me than the T because it feels so weird.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It could be. Have you been to an audiologist yet? Read this:
      http://www.hyperacusis.net/other-factors/tensor-tympani-syndrome/

4. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes @Gman, I have read that and it gives me hope that if I can reduce my anxiety, the weird feeling will go away. Though reducing anxiety is easier said than done. Every high-pitched tone makes me nervous.

I haven't seen an audiologist because I don't want tests that might make my T worse. The idea of letting a stranger pump noise into my ear terrifies me. If I ever need a hearing aid, I'll consider it, but for now, my hearing is good.

5. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes that is good to avoid the sound tolerance tests etc. I’m sure that contributed to my TTTS getting worse. Which is funny in a sad way as audiologists are supposed to help, but here almost all doctors and health care professionals are incompetent.

I’m trying to be as indifferent as possible to loud noises, especially if they’re sudden. That surge of adrenalin or cringing doesnt do you any favours. I often smile and think of something pleasant, or a kind of internal mantra about how most sounds are not damaging, it’s all ok etc. And it’s working. My ears are not getting the tense fullness as much and you can relax the muscles. Listening to very low volume white noise is helping to desensitise too.

• Like Like x 2
    6. noitseuq

noitseuq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Right 2006. Left 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      I still have the fullness feeling in one ear after the acoustic trauma 6 months ago. How many months it usually takes to subside? Having the fullness makes everything difficult for me, it's annoying.