• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Fullness in Ear and Sensitive to Noise — Do I Have Hyperacusis?

Adriel93

Author
Feb 8, 2018
Chicago
Tinnitus Since
10/22/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Allergies
for some reason these past few days I've been sensitive to sound in the ear that's full. Everyday it switches from ear to the other ear.i also have ETD and really low tinnitus. Does this mean I have Hyperacusis???
Can anyone relate??

I've also been waking up with my nose stuffy and my for head and eyes have been aching. I hope this is just temporary and it's just cause the weather has been crazy here in Chicago.

Hyperacusis is a deep inner ear pain or and/or ache in reaction to certain frequencies, sometimes it even lingers afterward. In my opinion, just plain aural fullness isn't necessarily hyperacusis, it's a symptom of many issues.

Do you have any pain? Spasms in reaction to sound? If you don't then I'd say you don't have H.

@Frizz i do have pain when I hear high pitched sounds. But I can listen to loud music and be around a loud environment which that doesn't bother me. My ears pretty much feel sore all day

Hi @Adriel93 sorry I realize this is a old post, but did this get any better for you? Do you still experience a feeling of "fullness" in the ear. Thanks, hope you're doing well!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now