Gym Life

Jamie m

Author
Mar 18, 2016
Tinnitus Since
3/13/16
Cause of Tinnitus
Music
I'm at the gym and I want to listen to music with my ear buds so bad. It makes me run faster.... Is ear buds safe, I have one bad ear. Or should I wear the headphones to wear on both ear?

I miss music what should I do?

If you have noise damage don't
If you have other causes for your t maybe at low volume it's fine

Well what if I only have T in my left. Can I put my ear bud in my right @Bobby B

How low is low? @Tom Cnyc

I think I got T from
Music or when I was cleaning my ear out I put it too far back there

They use sound therapy for T so I certainly wouldnt think wearing your ear buds at the gym would be a problem as long as you keep the volume at a reasonable level. At my gym they play music and its noisy enough to mask my T. I just hate when the meat heads drop the weights loudly on the floor or slam the plates back on the racks...

I keep my I phone set to 50% in the setting menu (the safety).. I still never turn it all the way up. It depends on the file - if listening to overly compressed loud shitty pop music or edm keep it low. If it's a dynamic jazz record it may need more gain to get to the same level.

Just be safe. Any spike you get likely has more to do with you expecting one and getting anxious than the music if you're reasonable.

One good way is to wear good earmuffs like he peltor X5a over you earbuds

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now