• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Head Pressure and Heart Palpitations

Nikoh04

Author
Feb 25, 2020
Tinnitus Since
02/19
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hi everyone, I wrote on this board a couple months ago complaining about vertigo and ear pressure.

It all started in January. I was having flu-like symptoms. Everything you can think of, fever, cough, mucus, sweating etc.

At the tail end of the flu, I started developing vertigo. Hardly noticeable some days it continued on and off for a few weeks (although I was getting heavily fatigued, more than usual... odd)

Eventually in February I developed ear and facial tension. My ear was constantly crackling and it felt like air was inside.

That's when the vertigo came back stronger especially from my right eye! I started to feel lightheaded and fatigued. My heart was acting crazy. I constantly had to lay down after eating a meal, because all the blood felt like it needed to digest my food. And I would have random moments where it felt like I had low blood sugar.

I eventually took a comprehensive blood panel and everything turned out okay and within normal range. Doctor said I wasn't pre-diabetic. He thinks it's an inner ear or sinus infection.

Usually this would be great news, except for the fact that I was still having awful symptoms

Fast forward to today, I don't have any more vertigo from my eyes! Which you would think is good, except not!

My heavy head pressure and ear pressure remains. It almost feels like it's swollen. It feels like someone is taking my head and squeezing it like it's an orange. Not too much pain but a feeling of being lightheaded when the pressure mounts

And on top of that, I'm starting to hear my heartbeat loud and clear. Idk if it's coming from my ears or whatnot but it's definitely beating louder (enough to cause me less hours of sleep)

My heart rate randomly spikes up whenever I move. And I get tingly sensations in my hands and feet (also legs feel rather weak especially when I stand).

After hearing this my doctor orders a CT Scan of my head to see what's going on. It's scheduled for two weeks from now (doing his due diligence).

I'm glad my vertigo has gone away, but the severe head pressure and heart palpitations are driving me crazy.

Can this feeling really come from an inner nerve or inner ear problem? The tingling sensations. Heart palpitations... squeezing of the head?

The only hope I have is the fact that I had vertigo, it got worse, then subsided. That's the only thing that's improved.

Everything else has progressively enhanced in the last month.

(no mucus, no fever, no sweating, no cough)

What's going on?

Any advice would be amazing.
Thank you.

Hi everyone, I wrote on this board a couple months ago complaining about vertigo and ear pressure.

It all started in January. I was having flu-like symptoms. Everything you can think of, fever, cough, mucus, sweating etc.

At the tail end of the flu, I started developing vertigo. Hardly noticeable some days it continued on and off for a few weeks (although I was getting heavily fatigued, more than usual... odd)

Eventually in February I developed ear and facial tension. My ear was constantly crackling and it felt like air was inside.

That's when the vertigo came back stronger especially from my right eye! I started to feel lightheaded and fatigued. My heart was acting crazy. I constantly had to lay down after eating a meal, because all the blood felt like it needed to digest my food. And I would have random moments where it felt like I had low blood sugar.

I eventually took a comprehensive blood panel and everything turned out okay and within normal range. Doctor said I wasn't pre-diabetic. He thinks it's an inner ear or sinus infection.

Usually this would be great news, except for the fact that I was still having awful symptoms

Fast forward to today, I don't have any more vertigo from my eyes! Which you would think is good, except not!

My heavy head pressure and ear pressure remains. It almost feels like it's swollen. It feels like someone is taking my head and squeezing it like it's an orange. Not too much pain but a feeling of being lightheaded when the pressure mounts

And on top of that, I'm starting to hear my heartbeat loud and clear. Idk if it's coming from my ears or whatnot but it's definitely beating louder (enough to cause me less hours of sleep)

My heart rate randomly spikes up whenever I move. And I get tingly sensations in my hands and feet (also legs feel rather weak especially when I stand).

After hearing this my doctor orders a CT Scan of my head to see what's going on. It's scheduled for two weeks from now (doing his due diligence).

I'm glad my vertigo has gone away, but the severe head pressure and heart palpitations are driving me crazy.

Can this feeling really come from an inner nerve or inner ear problem? The tingling sensations. Heart palpitations... squeezing of the head?

The only hope I have is the fact that I had vertigo, it got worse, then subsided. That's the only thing that's improved.

Everything else has progressively enhanced in the last month.

(no mucus, no fever, no sweating, no cough)

What's going on?

Any advice would be amazing.
Thank you.
I agree more-less with what @FGG told you last time, except if I were you, I wouldn't just google SCCD, I would google all types of injuries and conditions under the umbrella term "third window syndrom" (SCCD is one of them). By the way do you have any hearing loss?

Hey! Thanks for the reply

I do not have any hearing loss.

I will tell you something though. So today, I tried running for the first time. Just to see where it would hurt the most so I can try and put this together.

So I ran for like 3-4 minutes before I started feeling heavy pressure coming from my head. It felt swollen. Also, there was pain coming from my upper neck area, towards the backside right below my right ear (the side where I had the eye vertigo back in February). I could also feel nerve pain coming from my toe and throbbing sensations in my left hand, and fingers.

All in all, this seems to be some type of nerve issue. Something is affecting my nerves and causing my swelling in my head/neck and pressure in ears.

Now the question is what? Based off of my story of developing these sensations after flu-like symptoms I'm wondering if it even has to do with the flu.

Or something else?

What could be causing something like this?

I have no hearing loss. My ear pressure was one of my first symptoms with the crackling but now it's almost secondary to the head pressure and aches and pains of my body.

And I think this swelling of my head is giving me the heart palpitations just cause of the pressure.

Any idea what that could mean?

Hello, I know this thread is old, but I really hope you see this. You described three symptoms that I am currently expecting- pulsatile tinnitus, head pressure, and a spike in heart rate with very little exertion. How are you doing?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now