• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Head Vibrating

CrystalB

Author
Mar 13, 2018
United States of America
Tinnitus Since
11/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I haven't posted in a while, but I decided to because I've been experiencing something odd. I am wondering if this is something that is common when it comes to tinnitus.

This has happened a couple of times to me. When I am super sleepy and my tinnitus is worse than normal I will try to go to sleep and doze off. When about ready to drift off to sleep, my head/ears will vibrate, waking me up.

Now I've been diagnosed with possible ETD, I have no hearing loss. My ears stay full about all the time.

I am wondering if I'm the only one to experience something like this? When this happens to me I feel panicky and my anxiety goes high but I try to calm down and go back to sleep.

I haven't posted in a while, but I decided to because I've been experiencing something odd. I am wondering if this is something that is common when it comes to tinnitus.

This has happened a couple of times to me. When I am super sleepy and my tinnitus is worse than normal I will try to go to sleep and doze off. When about ready to drift off to sleep, my head/ears will vibrate, waking me up.

Now I've been diagnosed with possible ETD, I have no hearing loss. My ears stay full about all the time.

I am wondering if I'm the only one to experience something like this? When this happens to me I feel panicky and my anxiety goes high but I try to calm down and go back to sleep.
I have this as well. I believe @Ben Winders and @nocticolor gets the same. For me it's a low frequency hum that I can actually feel the vibration in my head. Early morning and late night.

When I am super sleepy and my tinnitus is worse than normal I will try to go to sleep and doze off. When about ready to drift off to sleep, my head/ears will vibrate, waking me up.
Is it like feeling dizzy? Like sea sickness?

I
This has happened a couple of times to me. When I am super sleepy and my tinnitus is worse than normal I will try to go to

hi Crystal , I just joined and see your comment ; as I csnr get to sleep last 3 hours as my tinnitus decided to be so loud today on my birthday if all days yep ! Anyway I had the same thing you had with vibration once few weeks ago but nothing since , have you tried sleeping on a hot or warm bottle or pack under your pillow on your ears ? Also have you tried the tapping therapy it was working for me to reduce but now nothing :) , let me know just be nice to talk someone share ideas etc it's so lonely sometimes with this im sure you know after many years … I have started hypnosos too and the therapist telling me to befriend the tinnitus make it a friend as if it's good what it's doing and it's repairing noise etc , sometimes I like it sometime I just can't befriend it ya no ?

I have started feeling this recently. Did yours get better? Did you do something to get rid of these vibrations?

Hello, I was dozing off this afternoon. And woke to my left ear vibrating with a low hum. Does anyone think it could be related to neck position with neck nerves and muscles. I sometimes awake in the night to these same sensations?

Nope not dizziness, just vibrating of the head, such an odd experience.
Interesting. I sometimes get "light headed" (I am not sure that's the right term in English). It's like you feel you could lose balance and fall. It has happened to me very few times, for like 30 seconds and oddly at times when I was at home, so I was not doing any demanding activity... still, it is worrying.

I still have them from time to time, seems like if I'm very tired and try to go to sleep that's when they happen. Do you still have them? Anything you have done to help them?
Not really, I still get them but much lower intensity. Also, I have seen a tiring day has an effect on it. When it was at its peak, I was prescribed Oxazepam for a week. It helped.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now