• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Help Me Please — Pulsating Hissing High-Frequency Sound

Nagaesraj

Author
May 20, 2017
Tinnitus Since
05/12/17
Cause of Tinnitus
Sinus infection
Hi All

I had cold 10 days back. I had sinus infection as I had severe pain in my nostrils and behind eyes. I went to the doctor and got my antibiotics.

I started getting the tinnitus sound (continuous high frequency tone) only during night or quiet situations. I was irritated and had to call my doctor. She told me to continue with antibiotics and promised that it will go away.

But 2 days back, I started hearing some weird high frequency hissing noise in sync with my heart beat. I couldn't tolerate this sound as i hear it all day and it really makes me very depressed and I feel like hurting myself.

I asked my doc and she asked me to take Xanax 0.5mg for a week and try as she says in some cases Xanax had reduced tinnitus. But I don't think it worked either. I know lot of you have gone through it before. Please help me if you have faced a similar issue and please let me that it will go way in its own within few weeks or months. I can't live like this forever. I could even tolerate the constant tone.

But not this pulsatile hissing high frequency sound. I HATE IT.

The pulsatile tinnitus could be due to your hearing being down from the infection and picking up your pulse from your carotid artery.
You can try steam inhalation or a mucous linctus to see if it helps.
Also get your BP checked.
Love glynis

Thanks Glynis

I checked with my doctor and she said my infection and cold is completely cured. My BP is 108/75. I guess this is within normal range.

I will try taking steam. So will it fade away or be gone in couple of weeks?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now