• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Hi All

Marjy tM

Author
Oct 16, 2017
Scottish Borders Scotland
Tinnitus Since
February 2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Not known
Hi. I've had tinnitus since February 2017 and no idea why. Started in my right ear with a horrible Nee Naww sound.

I went to the Doc and they told me I had a dull ear drum and maybe a mild infection in my inner ear. Got some meds that didn't work.

Then a while after, it moved to my left with a Crickety/Changly sound. Then I got other various sounds going on in my right ear.

But lately I've changed my diet and my left ear no longer has it and my right ear has gone back to the original sound it started with.

Like all of us, I'm hoping it will go away.

Hi. I've had tinnitus since February 2017 and no idea why. Started in my right ear with a horrible Nee Naww sound.

I went to the Doc and they told me I had a dull ear drum and maybe a mild infection in my inner ear. Got some meds that didn't work.

Then a while after, it moved to my left with a Crickety/Changly sound. Then I got other various sounds going on in my right ear.

But lately I've changed my diet and my left ear no longer has it and my right ear has gone back to the original sound it started with.

Like all of us, I'm hoping it will go away.

Your tinnitus is at its earliest stages and it's very low. Take care of yourself, protect your ears and limit your stress as much as you can. Stress/anxiety can ramp up the tinnitus and it's horrible.

welcome to the board :)

Welcome to the forum. Your T is probably due to diet issue. Some people find relief from T by doing just that and you prove that. That is why we tend to advise members to do some diet adjustment, such as cutting off excessive usage of salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, MSG, and some even say going vegan or cutting off dairy or gluten have helped. Never hurt to try out these if that may help lower T . If the ringing is too intrusive it is worth the switch. Others may find it hard to part with what they like to eat (lol). To each their own. Take care. God bless.

Thanks fishbone and billie. Yeh ive noticed certain foods/drinks make it worse. I take hardly any caffeine now and cut down on sugar and alcohol. Maybe I need to be stricter or look at other foods too. Not sure if stress makes it worse. Ive had a very stressful.week and hasnt had any impact that I notice.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now