High-frequency beeeep in headphones :-(

I have found out to calm my t's down and make me more like myself I take .05 oxicotin and it really helps! I guess its just the high taking over to calm the nerves but like I said it works. One thing I have done and it was a big mistake was to go to those sites to hear what your t sounds like or at what range they are at. I did it twice where I had my volume up to high on my head phone and got a full blast of sound!!!!!!!!!!!! Not good and I would suggest to anyone here to watch out with those sites as they can be really disrupting to your t's.

@Sean I took Biaxin (clarythromycin). I was supposed to take it for 10 days (1000mg) but I took it only 7 days. I had my left ear cloggued which the GP thought was caused by my sinuses. Biaxin cleared the ear but left me with a much louder T. While on it, I had vertigo, nausea, various intestine problems, loss of hearing, ear fullness, distortion, panic attacks, etc and of course a much louder T. (The T could be heard ABOVE the shower) All the symptoms went away except, of course, the louder T. T decreased slowly over the past few weeks (I took it at the beginning of May) but it's still not back to baseline.

I saw the ENT one week after discontinuing the antibiotics. I did an audiogram and my hearing was back to normal (I tested the frequencies 500 hz to 8000hz). I hear way above average. The ENT said he had seen such a reaction to Biaxin but he had NEVER seen an irreversible case in his career. He said the symptoms would go away, sometimes it takes a few weeks, sometimes a few months, it depends on the patient.

Was he bullshiting me? Perhaps. But it is true that the T has been going back to baseline. Sometimes, it's louder, sometimes it's like before, it depends on my menstrual cycle and my overall mood.

Hope this helps!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now