• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

How Do People Deal with Tinnitus?

I started down this road with Tinnitus in November 2017. It's awful because everyone experiences it differently, it's not like a broken bone where dr's can see something to fix. They [ the western drs] are pretty clueless. The first few months were awful, I saw 3 ENT's, my GP several times, osteopaths, chiropractors. I found someone in my little town in France that practices cranial sacro therapy - that seems to help some, and I also found someone that practices Chinese Medicine and acupuncture. I've been taking chinese plants since November. The month of April I had a pretty good month - the level of the noise was at a 1 [ with 10 being the worst ] for most of the month. I had started listening to violet noise on youtube. The violet noise seems to match what I hear. I tried white, blue, pink noises and none of them really helped. I thought I had found the magic bullet with violet noise and taking a 1mg melatonin each night. Now for the last 4-5 days the T is just screaming in my head again.

I've been watching Julian Cowan Hill videos on youtube for comfort - he had T for 20 + years and now he's T free. He just posted a new video entitled [ sic ] "Why did Julian have Tinnitus for so long" - I find his videos comforting along with a young man named Grey and also Adrian Dickenson have put out several positive videos. There are others on youtube, but these 3 have helped me stay positive the most.

I think after a month of having a low volume level I can beat this - or at least go back to the low volume level again. I just don't know what caused the spike. I record the level of the T everyday [ and make an excel chart ] - I can't see the pattern in what I eat or drink or do with the level of the T. I know sugar and chocolate are not good for me, so I stay away from these things. My diet is clean - mostly only fresh foods, no additives, nothing pre-packaged. Getting a lot of sleep seemed to help.

This is for the birds !

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now