How Much Would It Cost to See Dirk De Ridder?

How easygoing is De Ridder in prescribing medication? Is he open to patients' suggestions in that regard? Anyone with noxacusis had a consult with him?

Curious to know what he would think about that new study on HCN2 channels and tinnitus.

Maybe a small trial with Ivabradine, like he did with Flupirtine, would be something he'd consider.
I spoke with him. 40 minutes via a Zoom connection. He will prescribe drugs and listen. Whether he will prescribe what you want is a different matter, but he will listen.

How easygoing is De Ridder in prescribing medication? Is he open to patients' suggestions in that regard? Anyone with noxacusis had a consult with him?

Curious to know what he would think about that new study on HCN2 channels and tinnitus.

Maybe a small trial with Ivabradine, like he did with Flupirtine, would be something he'd consider.
I can only echo @Nick47's comments. I had a 30 minute consultation with Dr. De Ridder too, I found him very open to talk to in terms of medication and dual approaches (rTMS along with medication, and then afterwards hearing aids).

He was concerned his prescription in Belgium would not be accepted by UK pharmacies, but I never took a prescription from him to try.

But, as @Nick47 says, he will listen and follow the thought process with you.

@Nick47, @DeanD, thanks guys.

I read on his website that "an understandable, but completely wrong reaction from people suffering from hyperacusis is that one will wear earplugs on a daily basis. By closing the ears of ordinary daily sounds, the severity of the hypersensitivity increases. It is necessary to re-expose the hearing system to sounds. The central processing (through the brains) of the stimuli can thus normalize again.".

It seems like De Ridder is on the @Michael Leigh side in regards to the right hyperacusis approach.

@Nick47, @DeanD, thanks guys.

I read on his website that "an understandable, but completely wrong reaction from people suffering from hyperacusis is that one will wear earplugs on a daily basis. By closing the ears of ordinary daily sounds, the severity of the hypersensitivity increases. It is necessary to re-expose the hearing system to sounds. The central processing (through the brains) of the stimuli can thus normalize again.".

It seems like De Ridder is on the @Michael Leigh side in regards to the right hyperacusis approach.
There are lots of case studies on here which show something similar, and that loudness hyperacusis can be reduced or even eliminated by slowly introducing sounds again, whether naturally or through sound therapy.

I had loudness hyperacusis back at the start, and by introducing sounds it did pretty much disappear by around 90-95%.

If only it did the same for reactivity! - I have no improvement there in a year.

According to the assistant of Brai3n, it is not possible anymore to book a consultation with Dr. De Ridder alone. You have to visit the clinic in Ghent for a consult with Jan Ost (not a doctor) and have a QEEG taken BEFORE a consult with Dr. De Ridder can be discussed.

To me it's strange that they force patients to have an intake with the 'co-founder and co-owner' of the clinic instead of with an actual DOCTOR. Conflict of interest much?

In my case it's not even possible to visit the clinic anyway. But the assistant told me they want to give priority to the patients that actually come to the clinic. I told her that I am in contact with people that had a consult with Dr. De Ridder without visiting the clinic. The assistant told me this is the new policy.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now