How to Tell If There's Ear Wax Buildup?

Petronius

Author
Mar 27, 2018
Tinnitus Since
09/2007
Cause of Tinnitus
noise / anxiety
Is there a way of finding out if there's a wax buildup, without having the ears examined by the ENT?

I am suspecting I may have a wax blockage, since my ears were always producing a lot of wax (especially the left one) but for months now there's almost nothing. My ears don't feel particularly stuffy, though.

I guess they don't feel blocked, I just find the lack of wax when I clean them very unusual.
I can certainly have them examined, but just wanted to check if there are other ways of knowing this.

Not everybody produces ear wax - it is normal to not produce any at all

I see.. thanks for replying.
I was curious because my left ear always produced quite a lot of wax, and now there's no wax at all, which coincides with a slight spike I've been experiencing.

I see.. thanks for replying.
I was curious because my left ear always produced quite a lot of wax, and now there's no wax at all, which coincides with a slight spike I've been experiencing.

If there's no wax at all and your ear usually has a good amount of wax, the t spike could be because the wax isn't plugging your ear and therefore muffling the sound.

If there's no wax at all and your ear usually has a good amount of wax, the t spike could be because the wax isn't plugging your ear and therefore muffling the sound.

There may be a correlation there, as my T is above the left ear. Though, I am not sure if it's about the wax muffling the sound, because plugging my ears make it louder, not lower.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now