• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Hyperacusis/TTTS Symptoms Now in Both Ears Instead of Just One

chelledoggo

Author
Mar 25, 2023
United States
Tinnitus Since
02/2023
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I don't really have the mental or emotional energy to re-type my entire story, so I'll refer you to my introductory post HERE which describes how my symptoms began and developed.

Anyway, for the past couple weeks, I've been noticing that the same symptoms I have in my right ear (fullness, fluttering/thumping in reaction to sound) are now also occurring in my left ear.

I'm at a loss. I want to cry. I've had several emotional meltdowns over the past few days. I went and saw a doctor today and she said she didn't see anything too concerning except for a little redness in the affected ear, but nothing like an infection.

I'm at the end of my rope. What's going to happen to me now? Is it only going to get worse and worse until it gets to the point where I can't hear any sounds at all without it triggering?

Please give me some insight. I'm on the verge of tears.

Hey. I also recently have been experiencing this. I had an acoustic trauma injury to my right ear last week, and I've been plugging that ear since. The left seemed to be doing fine up until yesterday where it was arguably worse than the right. I went down an anxiety spiral and that is what led to my undoing. Today, it is still there but much less noticeable. This is occurring because of your limbic system associating danger with sound and it doesn't care about which ear. My advice is to lower your anxiety and try your hardest to tell yourself that the sound is not dangerous (as long as it isn't too loud of course).

I don't really have the mental or emotional energy to re-type my entire story, so I'll refer you to my introductory post HERE which describes how my symptoms began and developed.

Anyway, for the past couple weeks, I've been noticing that the same symptoms I have in my right ear (fullness, fluttering/thumping in reaction to sound) are now also occurring in my left ear.

I'm at a loss. I want to cry. I've had several emotional meltdowns over the past few days. I went and saw a doctor today and she said she didn't see anything too concerning except for a little redness in the affected ear, but nothing like an infection.

I'm at the end of my rope. What's going to happen to me now? Is it only going to get worse and worse until it gets to the point where I can't hear any sounds at all without it triggering?

Please give me some insight. I'm on the verge of tears.
How are you doing now?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now