Hyperacusis with David Vance — Audacious with Chion Wolf (Connecticut Public Radio)

Discussion in 'Support' started by David Vance, Jun 5, 2023.

1. David Vance

David Vance Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chemotherapy, imbalances with the body
      Hi all, I hope everyone is not having too much pain today!

Below is a recorded link of a radio show I did on hyperacusis on Connecticut Public Radio. The show is called Audacious with Chion Wolf!

Hopefully it can reach a good audience, and get some more exposure for us!

Audacious | Hyperacusis with David Vance

Please share! May we all heal one day! Let's hope! ✨

• Winner Winner x 11
      • Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    2. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Awesome interview @David Vance.

Credit to you for raising awareness.

When you actually talk to someone who doesn't have this illness about this illness, you feel like a crazy person.

You hear the words coming out of your own mouth, and think: this sounds so goddamn implausible, even I don't believe me; how in the world of holy f*ck is this person supposed to?

That of course is a terrible and self-belittling attitude for us to maintain. There was once a time when Tourette's was written off as hysteria; now any doctor, sufferer or individual who tried to make a connection between mental health and the syndrome, would be proverbially shot to pieces (and quite rightly so).

So once again, thanks for braving disinterest and disbelief on the community's behalf.

147314905630888-Respect Meme.png

• Agree Agree x 7
    3. haha ear go eeee

haha ear go eeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hyperacusis
      This was such a great interview. Props to you for making people aware of this shitty condition we deal with. We're definitely making slow, but steady progress on educating people about the pain aspect of hyperacusis. Hopefully, we'll start to see your efforts pay off in the coming years for upcoming research! Thank you so much.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1