• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Feel New To Pulsatile Tinnitus: I Need Your Help

Beste

Author
Mar 3, 2016
Tinnitus Since
02/16/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
Hi all
I made a similar thread for my regular tinnitus but I made this one for my pulsatile tinnitus.

I have been suffering from regular very high pitched head tinnitus for almost 6 month and I also have mild pulsatile T in my right ear for 4 months. Or it used to be mild...

My pulsatile T is a whooshing sound only in my right ear and it has a weird sensation. I can feel something crawling in my head. I used to hear it only at night when I was in my room but now I can also hear it in daytime. I do not recognize it when I am outside though. But at night, it gets so loud. It is like whooshing, bee buzzing sound and when I plug my ear I can also hear my heart beat. I have a couple questions.

1-Is it likely to have pulsatile T from benzo withdrawal? Like I had my regular T from it?

2-Do you have any idea why it got so much worse just in 2 weeks? I only take Mirtazapine 30 mg for sleep.

3-What do you suggest me to do about it? I had MRI test done when I first got my T and it came perfect. But I had no pulsatile T at that time though.

Thank you

Hi, @Beste,

I have a similar situation to yours. I also have pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear only, and it started after I got on, and then off, a blood pressure drug. Before that, I had mild tinnitus in my right ear. After the blood pressure drug, my tinnitus got much worse, and the pulsating began. Yes, it is possible yours started due to the benzo withdrawal. It is hard to say for sure, of course, but it is possible.

You could try going to a doctor, such as an ENT or neurologist if you are worried, and see what they would recommend. They might recommend further testing, just to rule out any problems.

I've had the pulsating and the increased tinnitus for six years now. I've had a lot of tests, but nothing was found, so for right now I am living with it. I will say that, over time, both the ringing and pulsating have gotten easier to live with.

Best wishes, and please update us on what you decide to do.

Karen

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now